Formidable pixies and how to (consistently) find them

LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
in SOS Assignments #1 latest comment 24 February, 2020, 11:16 pm.

Hey everyone who’s probably been playing longer and more steadily than me! I joined the game late, not only because of it being released late in my country but also due to personal reason. As such, I’m currently only now in the SOS assignment group where you have to defeat 10 formidable pixies. Even with the community day doing wizarding challenges, I only got 3 formidable pixies. I got an elite formidable, but apparently that doesn’t count.

Are there any particular chambers and/or family runestones that will bring out the formidable pixies? I want to get them out of the way because I hear there is a find werewolves SOS assignment and I want to get there on time for the full moon. Don’t want to fall back a whole month because of this.

Comments

• ShellyRenShellyRen Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #211 August, 2019, 06:50 pm.

What profession are you? That definitely plays a role. I'm a professor; I played a bunch of Ruins Chamber 2&4 to get most of mine. I just finished up on CD!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019 #311 August, 2019, 07:27 pm.

There are threads on this. Just as a heads up, since as you’ve mentioned, you may be running a little behind others on tasks. Chances are if you’re having trouble with a task, search the forum, because others have probably had the same issue. Might help you find answers quicker. See these threads:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/700/formidable-pixies

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/1003/sos-task-defeat-10-formidable-pixies-needs-to-be-changes/p1

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #411 August, 2019, 08:26 pm.

@ShellyRen yeah I heard professors had a good chance I’d running into pixies. I don’t know any professors to play with. I’m an Auror.

Thank you @Dogoutlaw !

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #512 August, 2019, 08:47 am.

Ps @LeFayeofAlbion - love that name btw! I just posted on the other thread about where i met the pixies but should have posted it here, but i forgot to say i branched out cos of this task into 2nd profession as a professor, im only at level 4 there but thought its worth a shot to see if some come up. Cant go too high in ruins yet but il keep trying and let you know if i get any more.

Hope you find them, but ive missed 3 full moons of the werewolf sos & it's not spoiled my enjoyment of the game & all other events, i dont feel too left behind....honest!!....sniffs! 😂

#612 August, 2019, 09:52 am.

I have commented on here but it's in approval purgatory- no idea why, there was nothing inappropriate but must have triggered with something. Hopefully itl appear soon.

#717 August, 2019, 09:16 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion ive finally finished the 10 formidable pixies yesterday- as an Auror they were soo hard to find!

If you like I can post a list the 10 places, might be worth a go there for u too? Its never a definite tho, just gotta keep hoping! Lol but im soooo glad that's done! How are you doing with them?

#819 August, 2019, 09:57 pm.

@AuroraKadavra I’ve only got one more since last time. But I’ve also been sick, so haven’t been able to go all the way to a fortress some days (which means I couldn’t complete the daily challenge either and didn’t get 10 galleons on these days. Boo. )

would greatly appreciate any help on getting those damnable pixies!

#920 August, 2019, 06:27 am.

Oh sorry to hear that @LeFayeofAlbion hope u feel better soon. Dont push yourself, get the rest you need.

The formidable pixies i found as Auror are all in higher levels for us. So i got them in

LVL 6 (tower 1), l3 mysterious artefacts rune, l3 legends of hogwarts rune x2 pixies! L2 rune, l2 hogwarts sch rune, L1 Back to Hogwarts rune twice got a f.pixie

LVL 7 (tower II), l3 oddities rune, l1 back to hogwarts, l1 potters calamity x 2 pixies

LVL8 (tower III), l5 dark arts rune

LVL 10 (tower V), l5 hogwarts school rune x 2 pixies.

So they were in lvls 6-10 with varying runes lvl1,2,3 and 5.

Hope that helps hon & you find those pesky pixies! 😊🤞

• UnassignedSeatUnassignedSeat Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1023 August, 2019, 04:01 am.

Just change to professor and do Ruins Chamber II, you don't need to spend any scrools to beat it amd there's generally a formible pixie every other time you attempt it. Later on there is a task where you need to beat formidable death Eaters and you can switch to Auror to do this same thing.

edited September 2019 #1101 September, 2019, 09:45 am.

Hi @LeFayeofAlbion and @WerewolfChaser , apologies for lateness of the data! I hope I'm still in time, had super busy few days not been able to get on here much.

But il repeat above info in here just for easieness and as a comprehensive list of where i found formidable pixies as an auror approx from lvl 26- now lvl 30 auror- yes it took me forever lol! Think over a month! List goes up to last night now.

Not found any in lvls 1-3 ruins.

Lvl4

L1 MG&S, L1 Back 2 Hogwarts-4runes = 5 F. Pixies!

Lvl 5

L1 B2H x 2 F.Pix

Lvl 6

L3 myst Atrtif, L2 LoH, L1 B2H, L3 LoH x 2 F.Pixies! L2 Hogwarts School x 2 F.Pix

Lvl 7

L1 B2H x 3 F.Pix, L3 Oddities , L1 potters Calamity x 2 F.Pix, L2 Dark Arts, L2 MG&S, L2 COMC, L1 MG&S

Lvl 8

L5 Dark Arts,

Lvl 10

L5 Hogwarts School.

Hope that helps? So theres 27 F.Pixies encountered altogether, the list gives chamber & rune used, some had multiple drops.

Happy hunting!

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #1201 September, 2019, 07:33 pm.

In my experience, the best way to regularly find them is to have already completed the task.

As an Auror, it took me about 130 challenges (running Ruin4,5 and tower 1) to get mine.

I would guess I've run about 40 challenges at varying levels since finishing the quest and I have definately seen more than 10 formidables since then.

#1302 September, 2019, 08:10 am.

Lol @Whitehorsematt - i thought the same, since i finally reached the ten after....like forever! Ive had 17 more in under cuple week! Typical ! Now to wait for full moon & I've still never encountered a doxy despite often being up at dawn! Here we go again! Lol !!

#1402 September, 2019, 07:07 pm.

@AuroraKadavra I encountered one pixie today! Tower chamber 2 and dark arts runestones!

I’m now a lvl 26 Auror too! 😳 Would have made it to 27 if I had any Baruffio’s left! But I don’t and I haven’t come across any powdered dragons claw in portkeys in so long I can’t even brew it! I just sowed a leaping toadstool seed today. Gotta wait 24 hours, then I’ll have atleast that!

I’m hoping to make could use of the XP bonus thanks to the 1 mil Chinese Fireball eggs collected. I need to go check the timing again. (And I hope my health doesn’t hinder me again)

And wouldn’t you believe it, I hadn’t come across a single McGonagall in all the time I’ve been playing this game and I came across 2 within a span of half an hour! She didn’t flee either! Which was a great surprise since everything had been fleeing on me today! Even Filch! Wonder if they boosted the effects of the Daudle draught. Hope today wasn’t a fluke and I see more of her!

#1503 September, 2019, 06:53 am.

Hope the data help @LeFayeofAlbion , i encountered another last night in chamber 10, B2H rune. So for us id say defo in Chambers 6/7 & above is where we are more likely to find them.

That's awesome with McGonagall!!! Isnt the animation great! I loved it! I was confused for a milisec thinking...wait...i thought it was McGonagall?? Then realised & squealed aaaargh!!! She's the cat!!!! Lol. Simple things! 😂

Iv had about half overall confoundables at min are fleeing! I kid you not! Its sooo frustrating, esp when they are low threat the ones thst used to b a guaranteed in the bag first cast!!

So is it just 1 u need now? Hope u can finish it soon, plenty of time b4 full moon then we need werewolves & somehow to have the reward gods smile on us to encounter a doxy at dawn cos i havent seen one yet & im often up then.

Congrats on the pixies & McGonagall! Wow!

edited September 2019 #1606 September, 2019, 07:17 pm.

@AuroraKadavra, @WerewolfChaser I am happy to announce that I’ve completed my formidable pixies assignment!

(As a professor - ruins chamber III dark arts 1 runestone

as an Auror - Tower chamber V Wonders of the Wizarding world 4 runestone)

And what better time to come up against a brew 7 potions assignment when brewing time is halved and there is a new potion in the mix. I wonder if this new potion will work like a dark detector ON you!

Y’all I’m so excited for the dragons I’m vibrating!

Post edited by LeFayeofAlbion on
    #1706 September, 2019, 07:57 pm.

Yay!!!! Congratulations @LeFayeofAlbion !! A huge sigh of relief!! - you'll be bumping into them all the time now lol.

I'm totally with you on the excitement for the dragons!! Ive been drive my family nuts today with non stop updates for them on where I'm up to with my prep snd what new info was announced. They have been graciously nodding and politely smiling- but i fear i might push them over the edge in the morning!! 😂 lol.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1806 September, 2019, 09:37 pm.

Congrats @LeFayeofAlbion!

• CVRLunaCVRLuna Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #1907 September, 2019, 02:54 am.

Great job! I have resigned myself to the fact that I shall die before finding the rest of the formidable pixies....🤬 I've read and tried nearly all the suggestions and I, literally, repel them. Lol!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2007 September, 2019, 05:24 pm.

LoL, you'll get there eventually @CVRLuna. Though the ability to repel pixies is probably quite handy outside of this particular assignment. 😀

#2107 September, 2019, 05:34 pm.

@CVRLuna I feel ya! I had been where you are for like a whole month. Drove me mad. Drove me to use verbal spells when the pixie I met with didn’t turn out to be a formidable. PESKIPIKSI PESTERNOMI! Seemed fitting. And as everyone else said, now that I’ve completed my assignment, I’m seeing more formidable pixies 🙄

Thanks to all the data everyone provided! It obviously differs with profession and your professional level.

I found the best chance to find them was to go to the highest chamber suggested for you or the chamber after that, if you have unlocked it, and try there. No matter what level or profession you are, I had my best luck with that strategy.

Good luck! Remember, PESKIPIKSI PESTERNOMI!

PS: ugh now I have to find doxies so early in the morning. I’m gonna try the trace tonic to see if it brings doxies to me.

#2215 September, 2019, 07:32 am.

Update on data:

L2

L1 mysterious artifacts rune, l1 dark arts rune,

L4

L1 COMC rune

L6

L2 DA rune, L2 Hogwarts School rune

L7

L3 Hogwarts school rune

L8

L1 oddities x2 F.Pixies, L3 Dark Arts

L10

L2 WOWW rune, L5 Hogwarts school rune x2 F.Pixies.

Im starting to notice a pattern with Hogwarts School rune being the most successful for aurors perhaps?

#2315 September, 2019, 07:39 am.

So this thread now has data for where & what rune, for an auror, for 39 Formidable pixies encountered.

Il update again when collect a bit more data if they come 😊

#2415 September, 2019, 07:44 am.

To save scrolling here's pics of the data together.

#2515 September, 2019, 07:44 am.
  • Burnturrek619Burnturrek619 Posts: 42 ✭✭
    #2616 September, 2019, 01:09 am.

I'll try whatever is mentioned above. Hope that works for me.

edited September 2019 #2716 September, 2019, 05:32 pm.

@AuroraKadavra You are absolutely amazing! And this gave me an idea to collate all information together and maybe get others (especially from other professions and levels to help out) And we could have all the information together in one place and add as we go without it getting lost in the forum. So, I made a google form.

It'd be awesome if anyone who is willing to help would fill this out. I have personally completed this task (thank god!) but I know a lot of others are still struggling, so hope it will help.

@WerewolfChaser you had some stats too, right?

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2816 September, 2019, 09:19 pm.

Hello LeFayeofAlbion. Nice idea of collecting everyone’s stats for the pixies. I think it’s important to also add the time of day (just dusk, night, dawn and day) for one of the questions. Plus if it’s possible to split the graphs according to each profession and the time of day that would also help.

#2917 September, 2019, 11:53 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion that's a fantastic idea!! Having a bank of data for those & who know in future it could be another foe, and il still have over a months worth or more of data on those, plus the rewards given in each chamber- you never know what might come in handy.

As @Acumen rightly called me out - i am a complete nerd!! Lol. And i love keeping the data & trying to work patterns to prestige pages etc. So il hapily share any findings needed.

See- us geeks do come in useful sometimes!

Oh- and it's LeviOsa not LevioSA 😂😂😂

edited September 2019 #3018 September, 2019, 06:06 am.

@AuroraKadavra haha!

And thanks.

@Imaginatio I actually don’t think time of day matters in fortress battles, but I’ll add it to see if there is a marked difference. I do intend on representing the effect that professions have in finding formidable pixies after (if) I get more data. (I got more pixies when I switched from a lvl 9 Auror to a lvl 1 and then lvl 2 professor.) Hopefully we’ll get a large pool of data. Do share the link if you can and help fill in the form with any stats you may have. Thank you!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3118 September, 2019, 04:13 pm.

LeFayeofAlbion, I had not collected stats previously, but the same day you put the form up I had encountered a formidable pixie, so I was able to fill it out for that encounter. I will add to it in the future though 😊

Also regarding the time of day, it has been mentioned before that you’re more likely to encounter them at dusk/night. But it would be nice to see if the stats support this or not, so thanks for adding it. I see them more after dusk, but I’ve ended up playing more after dusk as well so I can’t say for sure. Let’s see what the results show.