Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Guidelines
Welcome to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community! We’ve created this space for witches and wizards of all levels who are interested in connecting with one another to discuss various aspects of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, from gameplay to support. We encourage you to be active in discussions and share your experience and perspective with others.
If you need account-specific help, please submit a ticket through in-app Help or the Help Center. While we can answer general questions about Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, we are not able to discuss account-specific issues in a public platform like this.
Here are some guidelines to help you make the most of your experience in the Community:
I. Avoid Inappropriate Content
We may review the content you create within the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community and we may remove it if we believe it’s inappropriate or against our Terms of Service or Player Guidelines. Content that should be avoided includes but isn’t limited to:
- Sexually explicit or pornographic content
- Depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence
- Obscenities, profanity or derogatory content
- Content that promotes illegal activity
- Inappropriate, unwanted or illicit contact with users below the age of digital consent
- Hate speech or other content promoting hatred against members of a protected group (e.g. racist or sexist content)
- Personal or private information, like names, phone numbers, email or physical addresses or other information tied to your or someone else’s real-world identity.
II. Avoid Discussing or Promoting illicit gameplay or services
Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is meant to be played on your mobile device and get you outdoors to explore the world. Avoid discussions on using modified client software or unauthorized third-party software that violates our Terms of Service.
III. Treat others with respect
It’s in everyone’s best interest to keep things courteous and fun for all in the game, in the Community and in the real world.
Here are a few principles of respect to keep in mind:
- Never defame, abuse, harass, harm, stalk, or threaten another player.
- Never violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Never impersonate other players or Niantic staff.
- Never expose players’ identities or personal information without their consent (“dox”). This includes any information about another user’s identity, including their name, phone number, email address or physical address, even if a player discloses that info first.
- Be respectful towards other players. You can share an opposing idea without being rude or offensive.
IV. Don’t post unrelated content or Spam
This community is for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite only. Keep the discussions to relevant topics. All posts that are solely related to other topics will be considered spam and subject to removal and/or disciplinary actions.
Important note: The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community is intended for gameplay discussion only. While we love other Wizarding World content, characters and story, please refrain from posting these discussions here to avoid having it removed as Spam.
As the community grows, there will be more and more resources available to resolve your question. If everyone uses the search box at the top of the page first, we can avoid repeat questions, many of which already have great answers.
Your Community account may be suspended or terminated if we notice unwelcome behavior.
- How do I create an account or log in? Anyone is welcome to read the posts and comments that are in the community. However, to participate in discussions, you must have an account in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Simply download the app, create an account and click the login button in the top right to join the discussion.
- How do I report someone for bad behavior? If you notice that someone isn’t adhering to the guidelines or otherwise behaving inappropriately, you can flag their post for review. Click the flag icon and select ‘Report Abuse’ to contact our team. Our moderators will review and take the appropriate action.
- Can I block a user I don’t want to see? Yes! Use the ‘ignore’ feature from the user’s community profile page to ignore any content that they post in the community. Note that they will not be alerted if you ignore them.
- What topics can I discuss on the forums? The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community is intended to be a place for you to connect with other players to discuss the game and your experience playing. Any topics not related to the game or gameplay will be considered spam and addressed accordingly. Please note that this includes discussion of the broader Wizarding World and other Harry Potter properties (e.g. the books and movies unrelated to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite).
- I can’t post links or photos. This is intended. To prevent any abuse or other issues arising, you must first demonstrate that you’re a good citizen of the community for one week (i.e. reach 2 stars) before you’re able to post photos or links.
- How do I dispute a ban? If your community account was suspended or terminated and you’d like to appeal this decision, you can contact the support team via in-app help.
- Why was my post removed? A post will not be removed without explanation from a moderator either in the thread itself or in a warning notice sent to you directly. Be sure to check your spam folder if you didn’t receive a notice.
- I can’t see my post. It’s possible that your post contained content that requires review from our moderators before it can be published. Don’t worry, it will be reviewed soon.
- How do I get help with a problem I’m having? If you’re having other issues in the community, you can reach out to the support team via in-app help. To access in-app Help: Go to the Settings menu > Help > Get Support.