Fortress density

mysterymeowmysterymeow Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 26 September, 2019, 05:36 pm.

So today my local park got another fortress. Seriously- a fortress right next to another fortress? I mean like one (1) m apart. I can't battle in 2 fortresses at the same time and seems like a way to even further minimise multiplayer fortressing.

Idea- if you bring a new "venue" in, and its within "X" radius distance of another fortress, make it another inn or greenhouse (ie exclude fortress). Lets say at least 300m...

An inn or green house would actually be useful for replenishing spell energy.

I've been informed that Niantic uses a virtual grid system and fortresses may be close IRL but a grid line may between them in the virtual world... and the game doesn't look at distances across grid lines.

I wouldn't have a clue if this is true or not, but if this is the case and the issue, then I suggest including adjacent grids for distance calculations to resolve the issue.

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #210 August, 2019, 09:31 pm.

The more I argue for more inns, the more I think it would just be better if they started allowing energy be given from fortresses (much like how you can get pokeballs from gyms - or how Ingress portals have the most XM pools).

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #310 August, 2019, 10:18 pm.

@mysterymeow

Ingress does that. In terms of Portal-Density it looks at Level 19 Cells as well as a minimum distance of 20m

Apparently, WU doesn't have that rule yet but if I had to guess, it's just a matter of time before it is introduced.

• MollyPowerMollyPower Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #421 August, 2019, 09:49 pm.

Do you know how you can request to make a location a new fortress? My library building didnt't exist until recently, so there are no inns nor fortresses nearby.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #521 August, 2019, 09:55 pm.

Currently this only happens through Ingress or Pokemon Go, @MollyPower. You must be at a certain player level to be able to submit requests, and I believe only Ingress players of a certain level can review and approve requests. I imagine they'll introduce the ability to submit requests for new POIs in-app through HPWU at some point.

• MrAxelMrAxel Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #624 September, 2019, 03:51 am.

@mysterymeow exactly the same thing happened in my City, a fortress just popped out at a park right next to another, like 10 steps away, around one month ago. 🤔 Me and my friends were like, what the... And its kinda annoying since sometimes when we gonna try to fight, a friend keep going to the right room but in the wrong fortress. 😂

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #724 September, 2019, 05:19 am.

Well... Now they've taken away my fortress with the nearest one being 500m away.

And this is in a shopping centre where it is convinient access.

Wth niantic.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭
    #824 September, 2019, 11:08 am.

At the Simon mall kind of near me all the fortresses are in clumps. It is also of because some of the inns and fortresses that are past of the mall don't show as sponsored locations even though they are in a sponsored location. So they don't show any more care about sponsored locations in this regard with.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭
    #926 September, 2019, 05:36 pm.

our local mall used to have:

1.inn 2.fortress 3.inn(att) 4. fortress 5.inn

after att switched from sponsored inn to sponsored fortresd, the configuration now is:

1.inn 2.fortress 3.fortress(att) 4.fortress 5.inn

but the two inns are now too far apart to easily hit both for spell energy refill after popping out of any of the 3 fortresses

before, we could replenish spell energy from two inns on either side of either fortress without having to walk too far in between fortress battles - which wastes time while brain elixir countdown still keeps ticking away