Does the type of wand affect the game?

LaRougeRavenLaRougeRaven Posts: 4 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 18 August, 2019, 01:42 am.

So I have ready EVERYWHERE that the wand type and style does not affect how you play, your chances, or how well you cast your spell. There are a few people that I have talked to that 100% truly think that the wand does change the game play, I see no difference. It's fine that others may think that, but if they are trying to help others who have questions, misinformation can happen and could negatively impact the game for someone.

Does the wand type change the game play in anyway?

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #210 August, 2019, 04:55 pm.

Nope. The wand is just a vanity option. :) It's kinda neat to be able to select (recreate) the wand you get on the pottermore site. But as far as i know, the wand you select does not alter the game play in any way.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #310 August, 2019, 05:15 pm.

Nopers just for flare. No secret combination that gives you increased time or more leniency on your traces. Your level, the potions used and your ability to complete an accurate trace in a timely manner are the only things that we control when it comes to capture rates.

Would be neat if completing certain tasks awarded us charmed items that could do these though... Of course if the idea of a Familiar ever takes off that would cover this too.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #414 August, 2019, 02:47 pm.

Niantic says there isn't. There isn't.

If you don't believe it, you can try a different wand everyday and let us know of the results.

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #515 August, 2019, 10:27 am.

Nah. It doesn't matter. I couldn't access my ministry id for a few weeks when i started playing, hence i couldn't input my wand type, and i could play just fine even though the wand looks like the chopstick i got from some Chinese take out then lol.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #618 August, 2019, 01:42 am.

I think it's totally okay to believe it helps if you have the right wand, regardless of whether it's true. I have a friend who believes yelling (or whispering depending on where we are) the spell at his phone while he casts it definitely improves the success rate. At first I thought he was crazy. I still do, only now I do it too.