Economy and wizards unite

Comments

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6230 August, 2019, 07:07 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion oh, I had it right! I had totally guessed that you were from India (in my mind anyway). I'm glad you finally got some of the random foundable gold! I got some today and I'm wondering if maybe Fridays are special?

Anyway, I wish good luck on you finding more random gold, keys and all other goodies the game gives! sending all the good vibes 😆

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    #6302 September, 2019, 07:17 pm.

@WerewolfChaser I’ve got 2 more to go.

I get you. Now that I’m at the bottle neck of the skill tree, I need so many spell books. I’m using all the back to Hogwarts runestones to do as much battle as possible.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭
    #6505 September, 2019, 03:08 am.

@Dogoutlaw Thanks for sharing your stats. I'm out playing D&D today but I will do a comparison when I get home.

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #6605 September, 2019, 02:09 pm.

.deleted in error

#6705 September, 2019, 04:10 pm.

I’m sick again y’all! So nothing to report. Can’t even get the gold from daily assignments. Why did I have to go and get addicted to a location based AR game! 😭

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #6805 September, 2019, 04:28 pm.

FWIW my stats for the Pixie Grind (Auror):

Tower 1 30 battles 4 Pixies

Ruins 5 76 battles 4 Pixies

Ruins 2 , Ruins 4, Tower 2, Tower 3, 1 each dropped when I wasn't particularly looking for them.

#6905 September, 2019, 05:58 pm.

@Dogoutlaw Your stars are very impressive. The RNG God's must hate me with a passion.

I'll list your stats first.

Foudables returned for each item:

Gold: 45.50s 146.0

Strong Extulimo Potion: 60.67 vs 121.93

Silver Key: 182 vs 1095.5

Dark Detector: 182 vs 547.75

That is a crazy difference.

Oh, a tip for calculating, take a screenshot and add them later. ;)

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #7005 September, 2019, 08:53 pm.

@WerewolfChaser Well, it does seem to be slowing down! I was starting to wonder if someone saw this thread and made an adjustment to my game! And yeah, I take screenshots! No way am I writing this stuff down while playing. lol I just input everything into a spreadsheet at work yesterday to see where I was at. Yesterday I received 1 each potion and key, out of 135 foundables. Again, that's 1.5% return. With the exception of 8/27, all the daily percentages are either 0%, 1.5% (+- .1%), or 3%, which I find very interesting. So far today, 38 foundables, no drops. I'm not sure how you're calculating the numbers, but with my updated numbers, I show coins 135, potions 120, keys 270, and DD 540. Keys is defo better than your number, but the others are somewhat close to yours.

#7105 September, 2019, 09:38 pm.

Spreadsheets! *gasps in horror*

@Whitehorsematt what level Auror are you? I find that that affects the enemies more than your wizarding level.

#7205 September, 2019, 09:43 pm.

@LeFayeofAlbion LOL I'm a spreadsheet queen at work! Love my spreadsheets and would be lost without them. Part of my job is accounting, so they're invaluable really.

edited September 2019 #7308 September, 2019, 02:51 pm.

@Dogoutlaw

Here are my percentages for the last 3,008 foundables. Please move the decimal 2 places. It's too late for my brain.

The Fort Gold is from the 1 gold I have ever gotten in a fortress.

Here is my Sunday stats:

I can't delete this one I posted. It doesn't include my ext potion. I'm unable to delete it.

#7409 September, 2019, 10:07 pm.

@WerewolfChaser interesting! I've updated through right now, and have coins .88%, potion .82%, keys .35%, and DD .24%. That's with 1699 foundables. It looks like your potions is higher, but everything else is higher for me. I'm still sitting at 2.3% overall. Looks like you're just under 2% overall? I would hope the drop rate is universal for everyone playing, but now wonder if anything factors into that...

#7510 September, 2019, 07:03 pm.

@Dogoutlaw My stats for the last 3422 foundables

• Gold 0.56%
    • Potion 0.64%
    • Key 0.09%
    • Dark detector 0.03%
    • Total 1.32%

I'm being ripped off! My potions are under yours, they are all under. I understand RNG but this is ridiculous. My daily stats are pretty consistent except for those 4 days I didn't get anything other than potions.

What could possibly factor in into it? I do have higher foundables returned per day than you but such a percentage difference?

Perhaps it's like Pogo with reports that casual players have better luck. (I am in no way referring to you being casual).

I think I'd better continue keeping my stats. I'll try and find a pattern if there is any. If I continue with the stats at least I'm aware the last time I had a drop.

#7611 September, 2019, 07:22 pm.

@WerewolfChaser all your stats seem to have dropped since the pic you posted above! That sucks.

I don't know.... I'm not offended by any means, so don't worry about that! I have slow days with a few busier days. But my drop rate seems to increase with increased play, so I don't know about casual players getting an advantage. When I return over 200 foundables in a day, my drop rate is 3%+. And typically, low return gives low drop rate, which seems appropriate. All I can say with the discrepancy is I really hope we're comparing apples to apples on how we're calculating our stats. If not, then it's obviously not a fair comparison.

#7712 September, 2019, 06:59 am.

Casual player here. Or forced casual because of the spawns. And I can attest to the fact that I don’t get more luck with the drops. Lol.

I had to come back to the village my parents live and I knew there wouldn’t be anything and oh man

edited September 2019 #7812 September, 2019, 09:59 am.

@Dogoutlaw I'm calculating a drop of 17 gold from 3365 returns at 0.51%.

I've been out of the workforce for a few years so I may need a maths refresher!

@LeFayeofAlbion That sucks. I get decent spawns at home.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #7912 September, 2019, 11:27 am.

@WerewolfChaser I have noted that the days where I don't get to play as much I generally pop a Galleon or a Potent knocking out my daily 10. I guess it's like "winning" on your first slot pull getting that "ooo, I'm lucky today" feeling going.

#8012 September, 2019, 12:13 pm.

@CytopeAchen Thats actually very interesting. I did get a higher drop rate yesterday than I've ever had at 4 gold for 189 returns giving a daily percentage of 2.12%. That was unheard of for me.

#8112 September, 2019, 07:17 pm.

Y’all with your numbers and decimals! My head is spinning.

@WerewolfChaser I don’t even get spawns in my own apartment (unless I the trace detection tonic! It’s a costly price to pay, but if I’m particularly ill, I could atleast knock out a few of my daily achievements.

But being in my parent’s home is on a whole other level. There is nothing. On top of that, the gps gets wonky. I walked like 5 kms and WU didn’t even register o.o1. No use even attempting the tonic because of the lack of inns.

• Minervina19Minervina19 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #8212 September, 2019, 07:45 pm.

Apropos of idiots, I don't see the math on the coins that many are receiving daily. If you do the daily tasks you receive 10 coins which for a 30 day month would be 300 coins--still not enough for a vault extension. I play a lot--so I may recieve 2 coins per day from founables along with similar prizes like @Acumen showed above. I also have some coins that I receive from the Achievements.

How does that equal 550 coins a month? @CytopeAchen how in the world have you purchased the vault extensions yet still have 1000 coins?

I need to know what I am doing wrong! because I just don't have this kind of income. Share you secrets!

#8312 September, 2019, 07:56 pm.

@Minervina19 🙌 Part of why I made it this thread! And because I can’t afford irl money with this exchange rate.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #8412 September, 2019, 08:12 pm.

@Minervina19, you've forgotten to include the monthly totals from the daily treasure. Literally everyone has this kind of income if you just log in each day, receive your daily treasure, and complete your daily tasks.

#8512 September, 2019, 08:14 pm.

thanks @Acumen I knew I hd to be missing something big, but for some reason just couldn't think of what it could be. I apprecaite the enlightenment!

#8712 September, 2019, 10:00 pm.

@H4rdC4ndy yup but cast 1000 masterful spells and you only get 20 galleons.

#8812 September, 2019, 10:43 pm.

I'll tell you what bums me are the Master 400 auror lessons and get invigorating draughts (why?) and getting the unicorn or abraxin hair for casting 10K offensive spells. I would prefer scrolls to those ingredients which are easily obtainable. Maybe if they change that reward to 10 erumpants I might get excited.

#8912 September, 2019, 11:44 pm.

@WerewolfChaser we're calculating the same, so that's good... but not good, because yeah, your numbers are definitely lower! That sucks! At some point, I'm going to go through what foundables gave what with times and whatnot, just haven't done it yet. But man, I don't know why you would be lower, and that sucks. :( I didn't get anything yesterday, so my overall dropped to 2.2%. I'm wondering if by the time I get to your number of foundables, I'll be at the same percentage as you... who knows, but we'll see.

@H4rdC4ndy agreed! I don't think I've ever bought an extension on that one.

#9013 September, 2019, 01:10 am.

@Dogoutlaw @WerewolfChaser *sees your foundable per day number and cries in a corner because I struggle to meet the daily 10 somedays*

#9113 September, 2019, 01:14 am.

@Minervina19 yeah as a solo Auror, I don’t even brew invigoration draughts.

If for some reason, someone wanted to buy a Baruffio’s brain elixir, it’s 100 galleons, but using 500 baruffio’s only gets you 20 galleons reward. How does that math work. What about risk vs reward?