Economy and wizards unite

LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 14 September, 2019, 07:35 am.

I was wondering whether you would consider lowering the prices on certain things like vault extensions. Or the very least give out more gold rewards. For example, successfully casting 2000 spells gets you 5 coins while increasing the seed and water vault size costs 150 galleons. That is just an example. There are many more situations like this where the risk and reward doesn’t match up.

I just had increase the size of my potions vault and it cost me 150 coins. It might not seem like anything to people who live in first world countries who can just buy it with spare change of real world money. But I’m a broke ass freelancer in a third world country and my dinner tonight also cost the same. I can’t afford to use real-world money.

I humbly suggest that you increase the coin rewards so as to benefit everyone or atleast the real world cost of galleons proportionate to the economy rather than the exchange rate.

Thanks for your consideration

Comments

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    #325 August, 2019, 01:05 am.

I've only purchased the $1.99 intro pack, have procured 3 bundle expansions, 2 energy only expansions and currently have just shy of 1000 gold. Not bragging (if this is braggable accomplishment?) just telling you where I stand so you can judge the following advice.

You can get ~300 gold a month for daily tasks, another ~200 for just logging in every day and probably ~250 for being active each day on traces. The rewards are unquestionably in need of a serious overhaul but in the meantime there are ways to bulk up a decent pile without spending. If you need more room for ingredients and potions then save for the bundle, a galleon saved is a galleon earned!

Red books are a pain, starting to become harder than black ones... Hopefully they'll add them to the 10ks in the near future.

The problem with tailoring to specific economic areas is it gets abused. When players find out they can get 2.5x the in game currency by using a different tangible currency they then find a way to do so and there's always a way. Add this with reduced profits and most developers choose to avoid the headache. Good news is the majority of us are free players so we're all on the same field!

Side note: don't curse mate, it'll get you banned.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #425 August, 2019, 08:50 am.

I have to comment on the ~250 gold a month for being active on traces.

My stats are showing that gold is aw awarded at every 231.83 traces.

Every one else no doubt has better luck than me with the NRG Gods but I calculate 250 gold equating to 57957.5 traces.

I play a lot but nowhere near that amount.

I'd be interested in someone else's stats if anyone is bothering.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #525 August, 2019, 12:41 pm.

Setting aside any personal bias on the matter, here are my August estimates for gold rewards:

+240 from daily treasure

+310 from completing daily assignments

I haven’t tracked the single gold coin rewards sometimes included with Foundables. I’ll just go with 50 for the entire month.

That’s 600 coins for August. Enough for 4 energy or ingredient vault extensions, or 3 extensions plus a few sacks of runestones.

It may not be as much progress as some players might want over the course of a month, but it’s still progress.

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #625 August, 2019, 01:02 pm.

The change I would suggest would be a bit more gold per dollar in Gringotts (similar to POGO).

edited August 25 #725 August, 2019, 01:30 pm.

I'm really curious about gold drops from foundables. Do any of you have amy idea when you last got one? I got one on Thursday, Sunday night here and now. 470 foundables returned, I've recieved 6 Extulimo Pots and 1 Dark Detector.

Surely my RNG can't be that much worse than everyone else?

#825 August, 2019, 03:12 pm.

I've had one Foundable drop a gold coin so far today, and I can remember two yesterday. Again, I haven't tracked my drops very closely because it isn't important to me but I understand why it might be important to others. Just from memory though, I feel pretty confident I receive an average of 2 coins per day. Since memory isn't always reliable, I'll go with a more conservative average of 1.5 coins per day. Either my RNG is much better than most, or yours is pretty bad.

#925 August, 2019, 03:18 pm.

Mine RNG is obviously faulty.

Sunday I returned 222 foundables. I received 2 Ext pots and 1 DD.

I have received 2 red things tonight, no idea what they are though.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #1025 August, 2019, 04:42 pm.

@Acumen you get 2 coins a day from foundables? I have received maybe 5-8 coins from foundables in all the time I’ve been playing the game!

I have only received DDs on leveling up. Never from foundables. Strong ext sometimes.

@WerewolfChaser how do you mean red things? Can you describe them?

@CytopeAchen I’m sorry! I didn’t even realise! I was taken aback by your comment and had to go read my post over. Won’t happen again!

Also, I seem to have upset people in some way. I don’t know why. I apologise to everyone.

#1125 August, 2019, 05:10 pm.

LoL, I don't think you've upset anyone @LeFayeofAlbion. We're just comparing notes, and it's very interesting to read how different the player experience is from one person to the next. I assumed a couple coins each day was probably low compared to others, especially people who play more than I do. Now, I'm learning it's actually quite high compared to other players, so I suppose I should consider myself lucky.

@WerewolfChaser, I'm curious too. I can't imagine what you mean by red things, and now I have to know. Do you have a screenshot?

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #1225 August, 2019, 05:22 pm.

Could the red things be flame embers from an SOS task?

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 98 ✭✭
    #1325 August, 2019, 05:32 pm.

@WerewolfChaser I would put the drop rate at somewhere between 1 in 150 and 1 in 200 and that would be spread between Dark Detectors, Keys, Potions and Gold.

#1425 August, 2019, 05:40 pm.

Ah yes, I didn't think of that @Osprey1. If @WerewolfChaser is one of the players who was previously stuck on the 5th SOS assignment, it would make sense that the red things are the embers recovered from Fire Confoundables in the 10th SOS assignment.

#1525 August, 2019, 05:51 pm.

Umm, having trouble posting this. Not sure if it's gone to mods. Nothing came up. http://imgur.com/gallery/TLBNqLN

edited August 25 #1625 August, 2019, 05:58 pm.

Yep @WerewolfChaser, those are the fire embers for the 10th SOS assignment. The same assignment also requires you to recover a couple sets of wings from Pixie Confoundables.

#1725 August, 2019, 06:00 pm.

I knew I remembered it from somewhere! SOS to collect fire embers. @WerewolfChaser

@LeFayeofAlbion I'm not upset, I was just giving you a heads up before you got yourself in trouble. Hate to see active folks get banned off here. Actually thought this has evolved to an excellent topic!

Odd, I seem to collect multiple galleons , a few exstimulos and generally a single dark detector each day I'm able to be active. I'll try to keep track this week and see how my numbers compare with what y'all are saying.

#1825 August, 2019, 06:00 pm.

I have been looking for the dreaded formidable pixies. 25 fortresses and found 1. It's 4am here, I'm off to bed before the doxys attack me.

And you guys are stealing my gold!!!

#1925 August, 2019, 06:07 pm.

Lol I do collect a considerable amount of Leprechauns, I wonder if this effects it 😆 😆 😆

@WerewolfChaser there can be no rest in the pursuit of lvl60!

#2025 August, 2019, 08:50 pm.

hold on @WerewolfChaser (actually go to sleep and read this tomorrow) you are on the SOS task with formidable pixies and you are still getting the embers? I thought the embers and the pixie wings only dropped when you had to do those particular SOS tasks!

I’ve been on the formidable pixies for while. It’s slow going.

@CytopeAchen ALL those, EVERY day? Wow?! You should team up with Lekey Velder and make spreadsheets! (And I still haven’t seen any leprechauns or horned serpents since the couple of days I spent in the mountains)

Going back to the original topic of risk vs reward, I saw the post about the person completing 1000kms. It’s a shame that the reward seems to be just 20 galleons, isn’t it?

#2125 August, 2019, 10:42 pm.

Second galleon today.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #2226 August, 2019, 01:27 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion I'm totally with you when it comes to certain challenges having kind of awful rewards, haha.

I have a fellow player who said that, once challengers become "Gold" he totally forgets about them and doesn't even care if he gets them done or not. I believe the reason is because the rewards are just too small.

I definitely agree that, if certain challenges take you months to achieve, that the rewards should be greater. If anything, it keeps your interested in completing them alive! I'm a completionist and want to finish everything... but even I'm feeling iffy on some of those :/

• HypnoTravelerHypnoTraveler Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #2326 August, 2019, 03:18 am.

Those bonus rewards are a nice surprise, silver keys, DD, potions and a stray piece of gold...but I haven’t tabulated what has been seen as random.

• dazednbruiseddazednbruised Posts: 2
    #2426 August, 2019, 05:10 am.

How often do you get silver keys for your rewards? Does everyone get the same reward for daily login.

Just curious mine is indicating that yesterday I recieved 3 silver keys but I dont have them.

#2526 August, 2019, 05:34 am.

@Acumen thanks for posting that pic. I honestly thought they must of turned the switch off when they changed the reward for max fragments. Now give me some gold please. You must have a niffler working for you. Don't be greedy with the gold, share it around.

@Osprey1 Genius as usual. I forgot about the SOS tasks dropping items, I was just calculating on returning 2 fire foundables, didn't realise there was an actual drop.

@LeFayeofAlbion I stopped getting my "red things".

@CytopeAchen Level 60? I'm only at 12.29%.

@dazednbruised Everyone gets the same daily rewards, even the mystery boxes contain the same goodies for everyone.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2626 August, 2019, 09:39 am.

Current economy is good enough. Haven't paid a single cent to niantic. I've already upgraded my energy/potion/ingredient stash 3 times.

As for paying real money, you're funding niantic to produce more content. Which they have, and worked on bugs.

Just be patient and farm like the rest of us.

Those are achievements, not quest rewards. Quest rewards giving out 10 coins a day. Like someone said: 550coins just for playing daily, not including random coins from foundables.

#2726 August, 2019, 01:08 pm.

LoL, @WerewolfChaser, if I could share the gold, I totally would! I'm going to keep track of single galleon drops from Foundables for the rest of the week because I'm curious now. I'm wrong about stuff all the time, so it wouldn't surprise me if my assumptions are incorrect about the average number of galleons per month, since I pulled that figure straight from my butt.

#2826 August, 2019, 09:00 pm.

I tried to test the gold for foundables theory today. I walked so much that my legs feel like jelly and I opened all the portmanteaus on my deck with just the one gold key. I engaged every single foundable I came across, and not a single measly coin. 😭

#2926 August, 2019, 09:05 pm.

@Kreaturez I was mainly talking about the discrepancy in the risk vs reward.

Also things seem to be different in different locations. Recently, it’s like they took a vacuum and sucked up all the foundables in my area. Even before, I’ve seen people post pictures of a whole lot of spawns in one area and I’m just dumbfounded, like, that happens? So many foundables? Even with a couple of dark detectors running sometimes I get literally no spawn.

#3027 August, 2019, 03:41 am.

@LeFayeofAlbion, I think you're probably correct that the spawns and rewards in one region can vary wildly from the next. That's terrible luck, I'm sorry. What is your player level and profession/rank?

Today I only had one coin drop, but I did get a few other items. Marauder's Map FTW!

Wait! Before I finished typing this, I received one more galleon from a Music Box. I accidentally triggered my volume control while grabbing a screenshot though, then closed out of it, lol.

Now it just feels like I'm bragging, sorry. If you ever want to move to West Texas, you can crash on my couch!

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    #3127 August, 2019, 04:41 am.

@Acumen I'm so jealous you can post pictures and are tech-savvy. I have so many screenshots I want to post and I know @AuroraKadavra has tons that I'm dying to see too.

Please mods, make an idiots guide to image posting (for me and anyone else on the struggle bus) or give us a tool on here to do it without it having to be a link. I don't mind if that means image posts get automatically held for review to keep the community safe. I just want the ability to share pics. Y'all have been so great about making changes based on feedback and I know several of us would really love this. @HPWULola @HPWUMicah