Why are you closing the game for good?

NemoTheHouseElfNemoTheHouseElf Posts: 2
in General Questions #1 latest comment 11 January, 2022, 08:31 am.

I have played Wizards Unite since it came and gotten a few friends to play too, and we really have enjoyed our time together playing. The game has made our trips together so much more fun, and we are sad to hear that it's over :(

Answers

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭
    #210 January, 2022, 08:13 pm.

I'm assuming it didn't bring in enough money like PoGo did

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    #310 January, 2022, 09:48 pm.

I also assume it didn't make any money. I think most of us played for free and never spent any real world money in the game.

• rhondalearhondalea Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #411 January, 2022, 01:22 am.

The answer is about a quarter of the way down the page.

Not enough money.

Hanke didn't like working with Warner Brothers

https://www.theverge.com/22832490/niantic-ceo-john-hanke-metaverse-pokemon-go-ar-vr-podcast-decoder-interview

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #511 January, 2022, 01:42 am.

yep, definitely its about money.

however money (too greedy for revenue) is very sensitives too for many player, like other big game company with paywall in their online games got bad review bombs. werent they?

well, i think they only see on pay to win mobile games. many of those games looks like very succesfull for grabbing player money

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    #611 January, 2022, 02:22 am.

@rhondalea thanks for the link to the article. If Hanke can’t even remember if the decision was made during Covid times, the game must have been doomed for most of its existence. HPWU started in summer of 2019, Covid lockdowns in California started in spring 2020.

• NemoTheHouseElfNemoTheHouseElf Posts: 2
    #711 January, 2022, 08:31 am.

Thank you for your answers, that explains a lot. Still sad tho. @Rumpelstilzkin if the game would have come during the pandemic, I think it would have become more known, at least here in Northern Europe. The lockdowns started here in March 2020, and people needed things to do outside. If they would have boosted their advertising during Covid, I think people would have found the game better. At least I think so. It hasn't really been on the top at any point, barely anyone I know knows about HPWU here xd