January Monthly Overview

Comments

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    #12412 January, 2022, 06:04 am.

The horcrux event seemed fun. It would have been something different at the end. I couldn’t finish getting those dragon eggs so it’s really pointless to continue, sadly. I really enjoyed this game and spent countless hours playing. It will be so strange when the app disappears.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12 #12512 January, 2022, 09:02 am.

@Kodokmag Congratulations on your achievement. I find the almost 400 planting/harvesting that I need daunting. I just plant what I can with contribution of 50 spell energy. I might have been able to do it if they had not stopped the spawning of the water/seeds a couple of months ago. I have noticed that no one else is planting close to my neighborhood since the announcement of HPWU's closing.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #12612 January, 2022, 09:45 am.

@Djea for planting achievement, i dont really care for contribution as it drain more spell energy. just plant and move away to next greenhouse. anyway aside for water i also request for alot of snowdrop seeds which have the fastest harvest time (but also need high water requirement).

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    #12812 January, 2022, 01:55 pm.

@CBG92

I won't be able to finish the SOS training tree, will be short about 20 RSB and I was only able to gold one dragon page.

Definitely losing steam. But I will keep going until the bitter end!

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭
    #12912 January, 2022, 02:04 pm.

@ScarletB12 well you seem to be even worse off than me! kudos to you for finding enjoyment continuing to play when you know you won't be able to complete your goals before the deadline. I just hit 100 spell books so I'm really gonna make an effort to finish out my adversary training even though I'm flying solo on the knight bus, because all those "adjustments" and requests for the final month clearly are no longer happening. Just more radio silence

• RainbowwanduserRainbowwanduser Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    #13112 January, 2022, 10:45 pm.

Thought we were supposed to be getting another gold key when we beat Voldemort. ANOTHER DECEPTION.

#13312 January, 2022, 11:17 pm.

Yes I did check it and no pack. SMH. this has gotten beyond poor. @hpwulola when will the lies and deceit stop??

#13412 January, 2022, 11:19 pm.

And if the case was you wouldn't get a 3rd gold key if you had 2 then THAT SHPULD BEEN MADE CLEAR BY THE HPWU TEAM! Its just like I've been saying poor communication from the HPWU team all along and lies.

• HKR84HKR84 Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #13613 January, 2022, 02:35 pm.

@HPWUTeam @hpwulola is there any chance something can be done to increase the Feared adversaries or at least increase the drop rates on the items which require 60 to place as a green star? I’ve been trying non stop since the announcement to get things placed and while I’m close (only 6 pages left) I keep getting stuff I already have and with time now limited I would really like to finish. Thank you

• DizzyWizzyDizzyWizzy Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #13713 January, 2022, 04:05 pm.

Can we possibly get all the feared adversaries boosted during these last few weeks as well?

Thanks for being my main game for a wonderful 2+ years!!

• GaladrielThestrGaladrielThestr Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #13813 January, 2022, 06:46 pm.

I will miss Wizards Unite. I recently reached level 60, but most of my other goals remain unobtainable. Thank you for the fun, but I wish that it was continuing.

1. More Red Books, Please! My professor completed both rounds of lessons, and my Magi completed the first set, but my Auror is desperately seeking red books.
    2. More Water (and seeds), Please! I will never be able to finish the greenhouse planting achievement because I ran out of water. The water and seeds drop that you gave us was very nice, but it was used up almost as soon as I received it.
    3. More Potion Ingredients, Please! I have collected 17765 out of the 20000 needed for this achievement. I collect as many as I find every day, but there are just not enough ingredients to be found.
    4. I still have not learned how to cast masterful spells, but that is not your fault. I have a perception disorder that affects my eye-hand coordination.
    5. My other missing achievements are completely unobtainable for me because they need you to continue the game, which just is not going to happen.
    6. I also have unfinished 1920s pages that I would love to get to gold but are still on basic (looks wooden to me) and bronze. I also have unfinished event pages that I was hoping to have an opportunity to finish. Your recent increase of 1920s portmanteaux may allow me to get all of those pages to bronze, but I will not have enough time to go further.
  • SashaBeeSashaBee Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #14114 January, 2022, 03:46 am.

More XP rewards!!! Especially on portkeys, we don't really need ingredients on portkeys anymore, or is it just me?

#14214 January, 2022, 05:16 am.

@SashaBee I still need ingredients on portkeys, especially unicorn hair. I know that I can afford to buy ingredients and potions but I still like brewing potions as economically as possible.

• FelixFancourtFelixFancourt Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #14314 January, 2022, 06:58 am.

I just submitted a request for my game data with the in app support chat, but I’m not sure I selected the correct options from the automated responses to actually get it. Is there another way to request it to guarantee making the January 15th deadline? Is this comment good enough to be considered a request?

• goshe7goshe7 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #14414 January, 2022, 01:12 pm.

Here we are, basically halfway to the end. I had hoped for some pretty significant changes to gameplay in January that would make the last month great; increasing the fun, decreasing the frustration, and leaving us with some feeling of accomplishment or closure. Sadly, that mostly looks like it won't happen.

I'm really finding it difficult to remain motivated to play through the end. I'm not going to be able to accomplish several of the goals I wanted by the end of the game, either because the game simply doesn't support it or because I'm just not having fun working on the same old grind. It's looking more and more like it will be some daily login checks to see if anything has changed and watching the game go dark on 2/1/22.

• GuardianLynn94GuardianLynn94 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #14514 January, 2022, 03:01 pm.

@GaladrielThestr I obviously can’t really help about the other points you wrote about but you still can request water and seeds from support. Just go to the Help/Legal option in your settings>Get Support>Contact Us chat and follow that until you can get it to ask for what you need help with. I just made a list of the seeds I wanted, how many of each I wanted, and used the list from a greenhouse to figure out how many waters I needed for them, in addition to what I’d need for the seeds I still had. Very simple with a calculator ;) This was just two nights ago so it’s not too late to ask for it still. And I got an answer pretty quick too.

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    #14714 January, 2022, 10:36 pm.

I just noticed that the Barrufios boost was increased. I also have the relevant lessons for the potion and now I get about 5,5 times more points. E.g. instead of 80xp I got 520 from a flobberworm.

• SebastianKaniSebastianKani Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
    #14815 January, 2022, 12:08 am.

If you can't add more adversaries to the EDM, can you at least shorten the time to 15 minutes? As it is, the back half of the EDM is just wasted time. Sometimes things show up at the ten minute mark, but I haven't seen it happen in a while.

edited January 15 #14915 January, 2022, 04:17 am.

Please don't shorten the EDM time to 15 minutes. Sometimes, I get 3 Lethal Adversaries with one EDM, and I can not finish them all that fast. With 3 Feared Adversaries, I can finish in 15 minutes.

• SebastianKaniSebastianKani Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
    #15015 January, 2022, 07:34 am.

They don't disappear right when the EDM ends. I just had one with three Lethals (Two of them Voldemort), and the last one probably spawned at the 20 minute mark but was still there a few minutes later when I finished the second one. Then there's nothing after I finish the third one for 15 minutes or more.

I know some people are finishing them slower than I am (Even as a maxed Auror, the Voldemort ones take me like 8 minutes, but the other ones take like 5 usually), but there's too much dead time. The best solution would just be to ensure 4 or 5 spawns, at least three of which being feared, but even if they shortened it to 15 minutes, you should still have the time to finish the second one before the last one disappears.

• SashaBeeSashaBee Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited January 15 #15115 January, 2022, 12:41 pm.

@Djea I still brew potions, but with the amount of coins we get now, I don't really bother to get all ingredients. I actually double brew them, because now I'm always renting the gold cauldron and using it as well! But I also buy potion bundles, because lethals and dark chambers need so many and I'm on a quest for XP! But I guess everyone plays diffently! It's just that with the amount of portkeys I'm opening, I get a huge amount of ingredients that I can also find on the map. This happens with energy too! And sometimes I get huge XP rewards but sometimes I get none.