Constance’s Lament Brilliant Event - Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,293 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 04 December, 2021, 07:14 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Constance pleads her case before Harry and Hermione. Meanwhile, the surge themed around Ron's sixth year at Hogwarts restores even more of his adult memories.

Return Brilliant Foundables to the Brilliant Room of Requirement in Part 2 of the Constance’s Lament Brilliant Event on 29 November 11 a.m. PT - 3 December  at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Brilliant Vanishing Cabinet - Encounter
  • Brilliant Portrait of Albus Dumbledore - Encounter
  • Conspiring Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape - Wizarding Challenges
  • Poisoned Oak-Matured Mead - Brilliant Portkey
  • Regulus Black's Locket - Tasks

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    #330 November, 2021, 02:06 am.

More mysterious note fragments…is Constance writing to herself now?

• barbmcbarbmc Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November 2021 #530 November, 2021, 11:58 am.

Where's the wonderful person with the infographics for the event? @AltarielValice

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    #630 November, 2021, 01:26 pm.

@Rumpelstilzkin i will be check description on mysterious note, so stay tuned!

@xxxlindy if you stuck finding snape, maybe you should outside for finding.

#730 November, 2021, 05:02 pm.

Fortress foundables count for the magical games fragment requirement. If you can’t find them in the wild (I got none from a TTD) hop on the knight bus.

• BartemiusHoochBartemiusHooch Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 #830 November, 2021, 05:35 pm.

Summary

Step 2: collect runestones, don’t go to page before then

Step 3: note it is Snape fragments, and not Snape foundables. I did a split that gave me 3 for a total of 6 fragments

Step 4: place images in the registry, so wait till then

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 196 ✭✭✭✭
    #1230 November, 2021, 10:12 pm.

Did some trace charms on the Snapes I saw and got through that task rather easily since each returned counted for 2 (plus the glitch that the original trace reappears). Now on the bonus, think I finally have this Brilliant event strategy down pat now that the game is ending lol

• CatMama58CatMama58 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #1301 December, 2021, 07:44 am.

How do you get Constance runestones? Quickly that is. I have gotten 3 so far by going up in levels, but at 3 points per Foundables, it is taking a lot of time. Also, someone mentioned Foundables on the Knightbus. I have only done Wizarding challenges in the Knightbus.

• SebastianKaniSebastianKani Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
    #1401 December, 2021, 08:13 am.

@CatMama58 It's late for this advice, but most people don't open the event registry until the task to collect runestones comes up. Whatever XP you collect before then all hits at once and you can usually earn a few runestones right away. Sometimes I'll grab Brilliant Portkeys during the last day of Part one, then walk them all open so that when Part Two rolls around, I have whatever Brilliant XP those give (usually between 5-60 each. If I have five, that almost guarantees more than enough XP to get 5 or 6 runestones). I don't recommend doing that now though, since it's better to save portkey space for 1920s events. But if you grab a few portkeys now and walk them, you can probably get most of the XP you need to get your last three.

If you collect 20 of 20 foundables, but don't place them in the registry, you'll get 4 xp instead of 3 for any you return. Not a huge difference, but it adds up. You just have to keep closing out the registry every time you beat one. You also get 10 if you use a runestone in a challenge, but only if you get the challenge foundable which isn't guaranteed. Challenge tasks always give some challenge foundables (the books, wands, joke items, etc.), but don't always give an extra foundable for whatever family runestone you use. That's what the above poster was referring to. The bonus task requires 10 magical games and sports foundables so if you use those in the knight bus and get one of those foundables, that counts toward the total. But it's probably just easier to pick them off the map for most people.

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 62 ✭✭
    #1501 December, 2021, 08:46 am.

TTD gives 30 foundables instead of 42. What bug is next? @HPWUTeam

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1601 December, 2021, 09:43 am.

@CatMama58 if AS works fine and got many silverkeys, used multiple brilliant portkey. my 5 portkey (i usually take 5 brilliant portkey per set as registry require 5 fragments) they give as much as 3 rune stones.

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #1701 December, 2021, 12:36 pm.

@hpwulola / @HPWUTeam : the Graphics for the Event said in 4-4: Earn 2500 wizarding XP, but now it is 7500 Wizarding XP.... why did you change the task?

• RevMaRevMa Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1801 December, 2021, 07:14 pm.

I've done a lot of Challenges in various levels / chambers, all with Constance runestones, but I haven't gotten a single Brilliant Conspiring Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape Image. Are others getting that image? Is this activity broken?

• SebastianKaniSebastianKani Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
    #1901 December, 2021, 07:21 pm.

Re: No Snapes from TTD complaint from earlier. I am on that task now, and indeed through five whole TTDs have gotten all of two Snape foundables show up. Thanks to trace charm, those two turned into eight, which is still half of the outrageous 15 required to complete this task.

You know what I have seen 15 of, though? The Tom Riddle Emergency foundable. Which even boosted, should not be showing up over ten times as often as a "high" foundable like Snape. I again expect it to disappear entirely when I scrape by this task to come to the point where I need to collect him to finish the event.

This doesn't make these events fun guys. I guarantee you there's no way I could finish this event without leaving the house even if I used 100 TTDs. And while I don't mind taking walks. It's still utterly ridiculous that you give us tools to supposedly help, and all they do is waste time.

• SolaRavenSolaRaven Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2001 December, 2021, 07:33 pm.

Curiousity has me asking -- where does the event portkey take you? It seems somehow like I should know where it is, but it's not coming to mind.

• WinnieStillwellWinnieStillwell Posts: 31 ✭✭✭
    #2101 December, 2021, 08:46 pm.

@SolaRaven I think it's Snape's front room, but I'm not at all certain. I'm curious what other players think.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    #2201 December, 2021, 09:28 pm.

@SOLARAVEN @WINNIESTILLWELL I also think it's Snape's house at Spinner's End.

• GervaseGervase Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #2301 December, 2021, 09:41 pm.

Well, that was a grind.

Without blowing my own trumpet (tootling my own flute?) I normally get through Brilliant Events within 24 hours. Things start at 7pm local and by midnight or 1am I've done the 4 tasks and am on to the Bonus. These have, until recently, required 45 Brilliant Foundables. So I'm out for a medium-long walk the next day and all is done.

Not this time.

Oh, no. As many others have already said, Snivellus was nowhere to be seen. I burned thru 4 or 5 TTD and saw very few (none in the last two potions). When I DID find him I stuck a Trace Charm on him and saw lots of extra Foundables. Tackled the first and returned to the map only to see that all the others had disappeared. Not much use. So out I go for a walk. Slippery Snape still slips silently, surreptitiously, skiving. After a mile or so I have picked up just two fragments. Back home I try TTD twice more (these are the two mentioned above which yield nothing). So day 3 I venture out into the rain and between mile 1 and 2 I finally finish task 3. What a surprise, Snape now turns up like an unwanted relative and the Brilliant Foundables (which I'd been drowning in up till this point) are as rare as hen's teeth. [Whoever is in charge of tweaking the RNG for boosting these task-based Foundables, knock it off! We get it - Object B is plentiful during Task A; we struggle thru and eventually get enough Object A to get thru Task A. NOW Object A is plentiful and Object B has gone on a long Caribbean Cruise. It's tiresome. Stop it.]

More walking this evening and finally it's all done. Can't say I enjoyed it.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    #2401 December, 2021, 11:42 pm.

What are the Constance lament traces?

what I thought they were aren’t registering.

#2502 December, 2021, 03:36 am.

@WitchHiker anything with a purple beam should be a Constance’s Lament trace.

• TSMIT121TSMIT121 Posts: 1
    #2602 December, 2021, 01:07 pm.

I think if task 3 included return 100 young Tom Riddle Fragments I would be done by now. Instead after several days I'm only at 10 Snapes. Last TTD I used didn't give me any Snape, but did give me like 5 Tom Riddles. Hoping I'll still be able to finish the event in time, but this is getting ridiculous.

• AshkanthAshkanth Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2702 December, 2021, 06:04 pm.

Guess I won't finish this as I am stuck on part 3 teying to find Snape. Had loads during the first 2 parts but now when I need him he's disappeared. Not even getting him with the ttd.

I guess they want us to leave the game before January 31st.

So frustrated.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    #2803 December, 2021, 05:43 am.

I was out of the house for about 5 hours and I’m only at 6/15 for snape- on top of the fact that I’ve been on this test for 2 days. As others mentioned, I got tons of Tom riddle. This is the kind of stuff that had me contemplating deleting the app. Now it doesn’t matter anymore.

• NathyAgarwaenNathyAgarwaen Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2021 #2903 December, 2021, 06:40 pm.

Hello,

I'm disapointed... it's the second time that I can't finish. Without the week-end I can't move and there aren't many foundable. This time even with the potion there's no Rogue.

I know you said that HPWU is coing to an end but I much prefer continued the story than have more time for adversaries

I love your work none the less

PS: I'm sorry for the mistake but english is not my main language

• DjeaDjea Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 #3003 December, 2021, 07:39 pm.

I managed to complete all the assignments early last night. It took me half a day to complete 1/4 and 2/4. 3/4 took me a day and a half to complete because of Snape. I thought it was because I was only able to walk my granddoggie a block a day because of my cold. But I managed to get about a third of the traces from the walk, another third from TfTDs, and the rest from the ones that popped in at home throughout the day. 4/4 and the bonus special assignment was completed pretty quickly (in between naps), which I am very happy and grateful for because it enabled me to finish the event. It is a good thing that I like brewing potions because it gives me the reason to turn on the game throughout the day, and allows me to see the needed traces that has popped up. By the way, doing 5 wizarding challenges at Forest Chamber I while using a Baruffio's Brain Elixir will get you the 7500 XP from wizarding challenges pretty quickly (if you have completed the necessary SOS nodes on Baruffio's Brain Elixir that gives you more XPs).

Thank you very much for another brilliant event @HPWUTeam 😊 I enjoyed working on it even though I was feeling weak most of the time.

• TarcTarc Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #3103 December, 2021, 07:52 pm.

I know it was only the Bonus Round, so not strictly necessary for event completion... But getting the simple Games foundables was a hassle. Took 2 Trace Potions and some strolling.