Introducing: Niantic Social

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,293 admin
edited December 2021 in Announcements #1 latest comment 20 January, 2022, 11:31 am.

Witches and Wizards,

We are excited to announce Niantic Social, which will be released in the 2.20 Update. Niantic Social enables you to chat with friends, manage your profile and friends list, and discover communities around you from directly within Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Strategize Wizarding Challenges, discuss Gift preferences, and plan meet-ups through features such as Direct & Group Messaging, public and private Communities, and Events. 

Niantic Social is also the best way to stay connected with the friends you’ve made in the game before Harry Potter: Wizards Unite closes down on January 31, 2022. 

You will find Niantic Social on the Friends List page. This feature will not be available for Niantic Kids accounts. 

Here are some articles to help you better understand the feature: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/hpwizardsunite/?p=web&s=niantic-social&l=en

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• BqfcBqfc Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #529 November, 2021, 06:47 pm.

@hpwulola

By the way any ideas of the release date?

• awesomerthanu1awesomerthanu1 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1029 November, 2021, 07:37 pm.

Niantic remember when you introduced Niantic Friends and people lost friends and you said that we'd get them back.. when will this happen? How many do you plan to take with this new update? Just stop trying and hopefully when you close down this server you don't shaft us again in Pokémon Go and remaining friends we have. Here's a picture of them lying about getting friends back....tisk,tisk!

• awesomerthanu1awesomerthanu1 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1229 November, 2021, 08:09 pm.

@PkmnTrainerJ wrote that message when they added the Niantic Social and the people were blanks, showed nothing in friend's list. Deleted a couple of the blank spaces because they never communicated what was happening. How I read the response was that they would give us the ability to add them back in-game. Or amazing they could have reset my game back a day to the correct friend's list. How can I try and add people back manually that I added at GoFest and other meet ups? Don't think they thought about that! Overall a failure for Niantic's cross-platform. Not everyone wants to play all their games, and adds a lot of clutter when trying to deal with ones that only play this game.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    #1329 November, 2021, 09:01 pm.

As long as it doesn't break Adventure Sync. 🤞

• jim831001jim831001 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1630 November, 2021, 02:40 am.

Interesting...will close in 1/31 but still update the Niantic Chat system in HPWU ......

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1730 November, 2021, 04:56 am.

yeah, i also think the last udpate will be the last one.

well i hope the development team not getting overworked for this thight next update.

• Ferrothorn88Ferrothorn88 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1830 November, 2021, 06:01 am.

Quite a pity a feature like this got held back until the last 2 months of the game's lifespan. Really should have fixed adventure sync, done this update, and THEN announced the upcoming closure if it absolutely had to happen.

Oh well, at least it's a chance to test this out since it still isn't getting around in ingress yet...

• Flack4263Flack4263 Posts: 1
    #2030 November, 2021, 10:44 pm.

Real shame that this has come so late in this games life span. Brilliant idea though.

• VlinderfeetjeVlinderfeetje Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2102 December, 2021, 10:25 am.

Very nice feature, but a bit late?

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 62 ✭✭
    #2304 December, 2021, 12:01 am.

seems like bot is announcing news and no any live person on another side is :) @HPWUTeam anyone here? :)

• oicutwooicutwo Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2404 December, 2021, 10:11 pm.

why why why - please please don't shut down this game - I won't play any of the others!

• SpaceAce2019SpaceAce2019 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2505 December, 2021, 03:05 pm.

I left POGO when they got greedy. Mo money mean no money.

• RainbowwanduserRainbowwanduser Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    #2706 December, 2021, 08:48 pm.

@hpwulola the update apparently has happened and now thrre are even more bugs! The chat feature doesn't working (big shocker), the free store packs featuring horcrux gifts couldn't be claimed and now they are gone, there are no new pages in the challengers tab for said horcruxes. They (Niantic) just keep messing this game up like from the beginning. SMH.

Further evidence to never play a Niantic game ever again.

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    #2806 December, 2021, 09:09 pm.

Love this update! Keep it coming. 🐞🐛🐜🕷🪲🪳

Its great that Niantic thinks we play another of their game after all these bugs and use their software to communicate with friends. Just imagine, with your track record, a hello would get sent as a bye bye or something worse. Better to stay away from solving problems a lot of others have solved already.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,293 admin
    #2906 December, 2021, 11:26 pm.

Hi everyone, we do have an official Niantic Social channel that we would love you to join: BWnD3bY0

• kenau007kenau007 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #3006 December, 2021, 11:46 pm.

A hint:

the last char is zero in this code: BWnD3bY0

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3107 December, 2021, 12:56 am.

chat works, but i'm hoping abit too much for challenges to have a chat ( like in/mid battle chat, or something to ask mid battle)