Petition: #SaveWizardsUnite

AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Community Stories #1 latest comment 09 January, 2022, 10:31 pm.

Hi there Wizards and Witches!

A petition has been set up in hopes to prevent Harry Potter Wizards Unite from being canceled.

If you would like to sign the petition, click the link below. You can use the Hashtag #SaveWizardsUnite to share them on various Social media pages along with the link. 

Sign the Petition: https://chng.it/pKs8cbRpNm

Save Harry Potter Wizards Unite from being canceled by Niantic KEEP THE MAGIC GOING!!!

*Keep in mind to respect the opinions and choices as players are not forced to sign it.

Despite the bugs and glitches, THOUSANDS of members have used Wizards Unite to socially connect with others, for exploration and to promote exercise and a healthy lifestyle, to improve metal health issues such as depression, anxiety and stress. We've connected a Fandom of players with something we all relate to and have joined together numerous times to raise awareness and create fundraisers for many major socio-economic global issues from Mental health awareness to international relief fundraisers.

Comments

• DjeaDjea Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭
    #205 November, 2021, 10:55 am.

I'm so sorry, @AltarielValice . I really want to sign the petition except I have an aversion to putting my name where the public can see it. So I am still trying to get the courage...

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #305 November, 2021, 10:58 am.

@Djea totally respect that dear. 💜

I've not set up the petition, but doing what i can to value the voices to players who have hope.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭
    #405 November, 2021, 11:33 am.

Thanks for amplifying these voices, @AltarielValice. I don’t know what can be done at this point but I also know that supporting each other’s hopes can do more good than folks may realize, no matter this particular outcome.

Signed. ♥️💫✨

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    #505 November, 2021, 02:04 pm.

The petition is unlikely to do anything because the game developers had their reasons ($$) to shut it down and it’s probably too late to reverse those decisions. Maybe if there was a petition a few months ago along with a fundraising effort it would have been different. But the calamity kept us blinded.

I am personally trying to use this time to accept the reality that this game we loved is coming to an end rather than sign a petition and hold on to false hopes. Even if it were to come back with a skeleton crew the bugs would make it so unplayable that I would be replacing my happy memories with ones like this brilliant event where I couldn’t play and waited an entire event just to see if there would be an offered alternate. To those of us that can, I’d suggest let’s accept its ending and try to build some more happy memories in the time left - more community time with other witches and wizards, goals within the game to complete, saving some moments as screenshots, or whatever you enjoyed the best about the game. I am personally also going to try more AR.

• OlgaMalfoyOlgaMalfoy Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #609 November, 2021, 09:21 pm.

Hope it works for u. I've lost hope with it tho 🤦‍♀️

• SpaceAce2019SpaceAce2019 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #709 January, 2022, 10:31 pm.

The odds of any petition working is like the odds of Biden resigning. Ain’t gonna happen. Niantic is money driven and this game didn’t cover the projections. IOW..so long and thanks for nothing.