Save our memories

Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 19 November, 2021, 06:13 pm.

It is really sad to see the game we all loved go away. We have created a lot of memories, met other witches and wizards, and stayed together through some tough times. We heard the app isn’t staying because the servers are shutting down, but will there be some option to save our memories?

I am thinking a scrapbook of images from foundables or portkeys, or something we could screenshot and add. There was a lot of creative content in the game and we have interacted with it for hours each day. It would be nice to take some memorabilia with us when the game ends.

Comments

• DTVDPDTVDP Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #202 November, 2021, 09:35 pm.

Please, yes, all of this! I would even pay real money for this feature.

• AquaishesAquaishes Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #302 November, 2021, 09:36 pm.

I've been taking screenshots all along. Mostly of the portkey places, I have pictures of the flooring from each one I visited and usually use them as my screen background! If they could fix the a/s I would give my right arm to sit and look around the Hufflepuff common room again.. best cmas present last year...

• twoAwkLinestwoAwkLines Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #402 November, 2021, 10:12 pm.

Remember to ask for this: "If you would like to request your account data, please contact support to make this request by January 15, 2022 to allow time for our team to prepare the data."

• KahNManNKahNManN Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #503 November, 2021, 12:40 am.

I bet the account data is pretty boring stuff.

• KahNManNKahNManN Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #603 November, 2021, 12:42 am.

Maybe I am wrong though, if I could get a summary of how many times I cast each spell or something that would be nifty.

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    #703 November, 2021, 12:53 am.

@HPWUblue @hpwulola @HPWUTeam Can we get a clarification of what request our data will get us? This will help us decide whether to request it or not.

• PondripplePondripple Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #804 November, 2021, 03:21 am.

Yes please. And maybe a digital certificate - this level reached, this many foundables returned, this many portkeys opened, this many kilometres walked....

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    #1004 November, 2021, 03:29 am.

But I thought Warner Brothers is calling the shots, @Pondripple ?

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    #1104 November, 2021, 03:54 am.

Considering how buggy the game has gotten and how bad the support is, I’d rather they end the game sooner but give it a good closure. The recent brilliant even no task for half the players is a good example of why I wouldn’t want to continue the game. If there was a way to save some of the good memories and end it with a good farewell it’s better than dragging this out with more frustration.

• PondripplePondripple Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November 4 #1204 November, 2021, 04:34 am.

I don’t know @Djea it’s not my petition. But it’s maybe not such a bad idea to express the wish... 😊

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    #1304 November, 2021, 06:44 am.

Thanks for the game!

To anybody hoping that they would reconsider (@Pondripple): The reason for the end is likely that the game didn't make enough money; it was on life support already, continuing it would have required a major investment.

The announcement means a) that likely a lot of player dropped this game already and b) it seems unlikely that any player would buy coins in a game that already announced it would close down once. So, whatever was there in terms of income has disappeared after this note and won't recover.

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #1404 November, 2021, 10:25 am.

https://www.taskforcetimes.news/ will be doing a PDF of all the storyline for you to keep.

This will be released after the final event.

• twoAwkLinestwoAwkLines Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #1504 November, 2021, 07:11 pm.

@KahNManN I want a complete DB dump of my actions, json format please 😉

• TrindolfTrindolf Posts: 2
    #1619 November, 2021, 05:35 am.

It would be nice if we get to see everything wrapped up, with those responsible captured, and everything. Unfortunately the way things are going, I won't get to see the story line. with them changing the events to less than a week, I don't have time to finish them. I don't have a lot of opportunity to go out and try to get foundables during the week, and when the foundables I need at the time I need them coming in a lot less frequently than before, it makes it almost impossible! I've noticed a big decrease in the number of brilliant foundables the last few events, especially these last two. It took me until today to finish the first part of 4! And I didn't come anywhere near finishing the last event. I didn't realize that they had shortened it to only 5 days until I planned to get out and try to finish it on Saturday only to find that I couldn't collect what I had finished. And with the bug today preventing me from opening the assignments while I was in town, it pretty much ruined any possible chance I'm going to be able to finish this one before it is over. I won't even get the second part finished, now.

• sablknightsablknight Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #1719 November, 2021, 06:05 pm.

I would also love to see a way to capture game state since we won't be able to log in anymore. Old Ingress used to have a share button that took a full length screenshot (****, it doesn't have that anymore? Ingress prime continues to disappoint...), even something like that on every page (registry, training, profile, etc.) would be nice. Though a single export that generated a full set of screenshots would be wonderful.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1819 November, 2021, 06:13 pm.

@Trindolf if you want to see the storyline, here's an archive that's being updated https://www.taskforcetimes.news/storyline

It has up through Part 2 of Constance' Lament; fear not, it's currently behind a spoiler wall where you have to check the box to reveal it.

I'm using it because I've become interested in the storyline but don't know if I'll continue with the game (from frustrations with the recent BE.