Introducing: Lethal Adversaries

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,269 admin
edited November 3 in Announcements #1 latest comment 23 November, 2021, 01:15 am.

Witches and Wizards,

The time has come to face your most daring opponents yet. Lethal Adversaries are making their way into Harry Potter: Wizards Unite and these foes are more challenging than any we have faced before. Be prepared to face Barty Crouch Jr, Bellatrix Lestrange, Dolores Umbridge, Lucius Malfoy and eventually, Lord Voldemort himself. Unlike with Feared Adversaries, these Lethal Adversaries Chains will be accompanied by three powerful Guards. 

To help tackle this challenge, Lethal Adversarial duels will introduce a new form of attack: Maximas. To cast them, fill up the purple Initiative bar at the bottom left of the screen by casting spells and consuming potions. When the Initiative bar is maxed, point your wand at the purple target icon to cast a powerful Maxima. This spell will use two Spell Energy and cause far more damage to your opponent. 

Lethal Adversaries will only appear naturally on Adversary Event days but can always appear from Edible Dark Marks consumption. Overtime, each Lethal Adversaries will be released in upcoming events.

The first Lethal Adversaries event will be held on [TBD] and will release the fierce Barty Crouch Jr. 

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Update: We will confirm the date of this event once 2.19 is released. Thank you for your patience!

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    #229 October, 2021, 06:07 pm.

Happy birthday to me!! Thanks!

• DTVDPDTVDP Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #429 October, 2021, 06:18 pm.

I love the idea of a new combat mechanic! Bring it on!

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #529 October, 2021, 06:29 pm.

Will the Brilliant Event be short, or will it overlap with Barty's arrival? Or will it be postponed altogether?

According to the in-game timer BE starts at 11 AM PDT on Monday 11/1, just 4 days before Barty Crouch Jr on Friday 11/5.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    #629 October, 2021, 06:57 pm.

Yay!!! I have been looking forward to this. Thank you very much, @HPWUTeam 😄

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    #729 October, 2021, 08:22 pm.

Will there be new potion types for Lethals, or new special skills, or will it be just a longer grind than the current Adversaries?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #829 October, 2021, 08:31 pm.

no teaser picture how to face those lethals?

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #929 October, 2021, 08:39 pm.
  • DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1029 October, 2021, 08:48 pm.

@Morganza i cant be sure ofc, we'll know when 2.19 hits and we update or even when the 1st lethal event starts, but i think there'll be nothing more new, no potion or lessons except maybe something like a revive pack so if you are defeated in a lethal chain you can resume the battle or something like such. So, i think it'll be a longer grind to gather -hopefully- 'new' resources and not ministry manuals/field guides or dadas or red books...something like restricted books or such, something that'll make worth the longer grind and spending resources like wits/potents etc.

• apm1117apm1117 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #1129 October, 2021, 09:14 pm.

So the same lame game mechanics but designed to suck more resources and give back the same measly rewards we’ve been getting since the first ones were released over a year ago? Only appear during events, or by paying for edms. Wow. I had expectations for these to be more fun given how long they took to get around the releasing them.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1230 October, 2021, 12:10 am.

anyway, isnt there will be new potion (to fill the maxima bar)? or its just more effect from existing potion?

and this new mechanic should be incorporated in the lethal lesson isnt it?

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    #1430 October, 2021, 02:26 am.

@Kbianco02 the HPWU team are listening to the people who play the game, and I assume that most of us love it! And they are working to fix the game. It is not their fault that Google Fit changed their software.

#1530 October, 2021, 05:38 am.

@Kbianco02 2.19 to be released next week is set to have the AS, spell energy gifts and drink potion -> dont wait for animation (bubbles) to finish -> get thrown out of adver/fort bug fixes. Ofc i fully expect them to have more bugs than bug fixes but hope springs eternal and dies last.

@Djea sorry, no they never listen, that's why this game's community is ever-dwindling and almost everyone is unhappy/angry/frustrated. Altho im personally looking forward to both 2.19 (AS fix i hope) and Lethals, if for no other reason to vanish them white images in -my- registry.

• Kbianco02Kbianco02 Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited October 30 #1630 October, 2021, 03:01 pm.

@Drakonite I realize that's what the expectation is, but there was absolutely no reason for them to drag out fixing AS this long. That should have been priority over most everything else, especially the 1920s update, which relies on calculating distance.

#1730 October, 2021, 03:14 pm.

agreed.

• WinnieStillwellWinnieStillwell Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #1831 October, 2021, 11:13 am.

Is anyone still receiving edms as rewards in adversary chains? I haven't had one drop since July or maybe early August.

I hope the rewards from lethal chains match the greater difficulty and resources used... including edms, and green books along with the potions and dada books, silver keys that drop with feared.

Potent exstimulo would be great too.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1931 October, 2021, 11:42 am.

@WinnieStillwell I received one recently! I think it was on a Basilisk chain. 🙂

• WinnieStillwellWinnieStillwell Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #2031 October, 2021, 01:56 pm.

@AltarielValice that's good to know!... I've been jumping on adversaries whenever they appear in the wild - defeating the guards at the least - since the start of October.

That's a change from ignoring them outside of adversary events... and then only doing a bit more than the minimum to complete the events (sometimes that meant alot of encounters though).

I've been hoping to get more edms... now I'm putting this out here... maybe this will do the trick?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    #2131 October, 2021, 03:07 pm.

@WinnieStillwell wait a minute! Maybe don't use edm because this is important for adveseries task so keep it up.

Speaking edm, this is low chance finding lethal adveseries (you can looking logo trace adveseries in green latern two.)

@Kodokmag unfortunate, there's no new potion on this update (maxima potion). When maxima bar is maxed out, you can full charge for potent and wit-sharpeing potion too.

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #2202 November, 2021, 03:12 pm.

@hpwulola : give us the announced update, fix the most important bugs and then you can announce new features .. with probably a lot of new bugs

WE ARE FRUSTRATED

• MorrgLeFayMorrgLeFay Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #2303 November, 2021, 04:06 pm.

@BaluzauBAERer See the latest announcement... The update is still supposed to happen, but we're in sundown mode now.

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #2403 November, 2021, 05:37 pm.

@MorrgLeFay

my post was from before the shutdown-Announcement 😉

• LUNASOOLLUNASOOL Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #2505 November, 2021, 03:54 am.

Me gustó la dinámica del juego.... Que pusieron. ... Pero ya puse tónicos y ni un TROL GIGANTE SALE. ME QUEDE EN EL DESAFIO Q LA MITAD. NO ENTIENDO PORQUE SI DAN ESA TAREA. NO SE PUEDE ACOMPLETAR NI CON TÓNICOS 😭😭😭😭😅😅😅😅 AYUDA..........

• MsCadaverous107MsCadaverous107 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #2605 November, 2021, 08:17 pm.

@hpwulola

Well this is just great....I'm on part 2 of this Adversaries event and and I'm about to defeat Barty Crouch Jr for the 2nd time and I am literally 2 spell casts away from the finish and OF COURSE the game gives me an error message and screws me over after I've just spent an obscene amount of the highest level Potions to get to this point!! I see why this game is being terminated in January!! Geeezuuusss!!! smh!! Urgh!!!!

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    #2705 November, 2021, 08:26 pm.

The game won’t restart for me either.

• IexmagicIexmagic Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #2805 November, 2021, 08:27 pm.

@MsCadaverous107 @hpwulola Same thing happened to me too. First Lethal attempt terminated on Peter Pettigrew. Second attempt terminated when I was well on the way to defeating Barty. Now I'll have to beef up on my potions before trying again. Snowdrops and various animal tails are in short supply.

• ParodigmistParodigmist Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2905 November, 2021, 08:43 pm.

Seriously??? My first lethal encounter and the app crashes on the 2nd adversary!!!

• MightyNeoMightyNeo Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3005 November, 2021, 09:16 pm.

Same here. app kicking me to main map on the 2nd adversary. Cant complete event like this.

Please fix it.

Also side note. Have not seen any seeds and water on the map . Two days already. I always used them. Now i cant.

• WendoriniWendorini Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #3105 November, 2021, 09:18 pm.

I’m also getting kicked out of the lethal Adversary chain on Peter Pettigrew. No error message, just get booted back to main screen and the adversary is gone.