October Spotlight Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,272 admin
edited October 29 in Announcements #1 latest comment 01 November, 2021, 06:29 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

A surge of Severe and Dark Arts themed Traces are expected to appear on the map from 25 October 11:00 a.m. PT - 28 October 11:00 a.m. PT. Have your wands and potions at the ready as you encounter Foundables such as the Swooping Evil, Portrait of Voldemort, Percival Graves, Tom Riddle and Pensieve. All players will also see a boost to Baruffio's Brain Elixir during this event as well.

Update: We are extending this event until 1 November 11a.m. PT and there will be a surge of Adversaries added!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #221 October, 2021, 07:58 pm.

was this supposed to go in :  English Gameplay Discussion Tips & Tricks Wizarding Challenges + Professions instead of announcements?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,272 admin
    #321 October, 2021, 08:15 pm.

@Drakonite 😇

#621 October, 2021, 09:04 pm.

@hpwulola hah, well we all make mistakes :)

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    edited October 22 #722 October, 2021, 11:43 pm.

May we have more erumpent horn and granian hair spawn on the map? I'm love giving out gold gifts. Thank you very much @HPWUTeam for another spotlight event that I am so looking forward to. Also for the spell energy reward after each fortress challenge.

• HalfbloodbellaHalfbloodbella Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #823 October, 2021, 12:39 am.

@Djea i love giving gold gifts also! Definitely taking advantage of this event just for that reason. I like these Severe events.

• PadmehlcPadmehlc Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1023 October, 2021, 12:33 pm.

Im excited about this one too. Ive been playing since the beginning and it is a few of these (particularly swooping evil and the veil) that have prevented me from prestiging pages. I have everything else green starred and full again and almost nothing on these!

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    #1126 October, 2021, 04:42 am.

Has anyone been receiving the spell energy and guaranteed fortress fragment?

#1226 October, 2021, 06:16 am.

@hpwulola infographics say of SE from forts, but I/we are still not receiving any, infog's wrong (again) or not turned on as should?

• AtonementAtonement Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1326 October, 2021, 12:38 pm.

Still no guaranteed foundable or spell energy rebate from fortresses.

#1426 October, 2021, 04:40 pm.

I am more concerned about having to do about 30 fortress challenges just to get one Extravagant Runestone gift. Did they change the Random Number Generator on these? I remember getting a lot more of them before I did the Essential lessons for them.

Thank you very much for the boosted severe and emergency traces, and the increased chances of getting the foundable fragments as a reward in Tower and Ruins Chambers @HPWUTeam . I'm loving this event! 😄

edited October 26 #1526 October, 2021, 06:52 pm.

The Chambers that I have played have boosted chance of getting a foundable fragment as a reward. I have been getting more than I usually do, and that is most appreciated. May I suggest that maybe we also have a boosted chance of getting Extravagant Runestone gift, instead of the one per 30 +/-fortress challenges.

Thank you very much @HPWUTeam for this event. I'm enjoying it very much! 😄

• SparkleLikeAGemSparkleLikeAGem Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    edited October 26 #1626 October, 2021, 08:33 pm.

I couldn't find any communication direct from HPWU indicating that there'd be energy, guaranteed foundable drops or boosted Challenge XP from fortresses. They only said boosted severe and DA foundables and BBE bonus, which seems to only be an XP boost when using one, not a brew time reduction. All that other stuff was only in the infographic.

[edit: typo]

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1726 October, 2021, 10:35 pm.

@Djea @Halfbloodbella @AltarielValice I have neither received a Gold Gift from a friend, nor gotten one to give to someone else in a long time, like at least a few weeks. Have you guys been getting them a lot?

#1826 October, 2021, 11:51 pm.

@CeruleanGirl I get a lot only because I play a lot. Most of the time, I get a gold gift every few days since I use about 200 spell energy per day (mostly from fortress challenges). But I earn most of the gold gifts during emergency and severe spotlight events when the Tonics for Trace Detection have boosted the appearance of emergency and severe traces. Yesterday, the Tonics for Trace Detection seems to be more boosted than today. I will just have to start walking again to get the severe and emergency traces because I now get one erumpent horn on the map every few days, instead of one a day. Portkeys are not yielding erumpent horns like they used to either. So I can not save a lot of Tonics for Trace Detection for spotlight events anymore. Now, I have to make sure that I have enough saved for Brilliant Events that require us to use 2 Tonics for Trace Detection at a time.

• HalfbloodbellaHalfbloodbella Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1927 October, 2021, 03:03 am.

@CeruleanGirl Exactly what @Djea said. I don’t use 200+ energy a day but I do get gold gifts every few days during normal play. But during this SE, I’ve gotten 4-5 gold so far. Repeatedly placing gold page emergencies gives you 600 family xp. So that’s what I’ve been doing.

#2027 October, 2021, 05:04 am.

@hpwulola mentioned that the fortress rewards in the infographic won’t be turned on this event. The other parts of the event should be working fine.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    #2127 October, 2021, 10:51 pm.

@CeruleanGirl I am getting gold gifts less frequently than I used to. So far it’s one for this event, and I have received dozens of treasure trunks.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28 #2228 October, 2021, 12:06 am.

I haven't gotten a gold gift in at least a few weeks and I play a lot. I have placed lots of images this event and haven't gotten a single gold gift. I get tons of charms though.

Lol, right after I posted this, I placed an image and got a Gold Gift. I swear it's creepy how often that seems to happen!

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭
    #2328 October, 2021, 02:33 am.

Its been a great event, love the no tasks nature of it and I think I've actually played more than I have recently. The distribution of severe traces has been well spread out, I think I've placed at least one on every page over the last few days. Spell energy and estimulo potion ingredients are also all over the ground. Only issues I've had are lack of gold gifts (I've gotten 2 from 50+ treasure trunks) and the no spell energy from fortresses but other than that I've enjoyed it!

• TorpeCsatasunTorpeCsatasun Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #2528 October, 2021, 06:16 pm.

It seems the Horned Serpent egg is one of the roadblocks. Placed an image to the registry, nothing happened. No XP, no runestones, no gifts ... The progress bar should have go around 12 times.

It shows the fragment after a battle, but counts only every other.

I miss the 25 fragments ... Or the rewards.

The Centaur bow image works as expected.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #2828 October, 2021, 08:25 pm.

@TorpeCsatasun it's usually a visual glitch when something times out, you get all the treasure trunk rewards, just miss on the 45 seconds of animations.

#2929 October, 2021, 03:54 am.

@hpwulola it’s nearly 9pm, so I assume it isn’t happening today or early tomorrow and the event is postponed? Should we check again by 11am in case there is the event tomorrow?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3029 October, 2021, 08:43 am.

spotlight event extended for more oddities maybe?

i think that will help new player alot.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    #3129 October, 2021, 03:54 pm.

@CeruleanGirl , I got two more gold gifts yesterday. Maybe we should complain more. 😉