Burning Day Brilliant Event Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,272 admin
edited October 19 in Announcements #1 latest comment 25 October, 2021, 11:16 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Harry prioritises rescuing Penelope while Hermione searches for information that could expose the identity of The Unforgivable's leader. Return Foundables themed around Ron's fifth year at Hogwarts.

Return Brilliant Foundables to the Brilliant O.W.L. Exam Room in Part 1 of the Burning Day Brilliant Event, 18 October at 11 a.m. PT - 25 October 11a.m. PT.

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Brilliant Fred Weasley - Encounter
  • Brilliant George Weasley - Encounter
  • Broken Educational Degree - Tasks
  • O.W.L. Exam Sheet - Brilliant Portkey
  • Dragon Firework - Wizarding Challenges

There also will be an increase of notable characters from the Order of Phoenix. 

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

NOTE: We are extending the event! This Brilliant Event will now end on Monday, October 25.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• BartemiusHoochBartemiusHooch Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited October 17 #317 October, 2021, 02:11 am.

Place 5 images, does that mean we need to unlock 5 portkeys to complete that part of the bonus event?

It looks like this is the wording in previous events.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    #417 October, 2021, 02:21 am.

@BartemiusHooch You can place the images more than once. Every placement counts.

If you're not able to unlock the portkeys, do more Wizarding Challenges or return lots of brilliant fragments. This way you can place another of the images twice.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    edited October 17 #617 October, 2021, 06:55 am.

@EPHedwig you don't need to open 5 portkeys if you are going to complete the bonus assignment; it's one of the rewards.

The shortened days I assumed is the response to people asking for time between events, and most people finish all the special assignments in less than 4 days. It is doable as long as they boost the traces needed as in the last couple of Brilliant Events.

No Dark Chamber requirement so this is less usage of potions. This will be an interesting challenge.

• WinnieStillwellWinnieStillwell Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #817 October, 2021, 06:46 pm.

I've been assuming that this brilliant event is shortened because we'll be having a lethal adversary event. (At least, I hope so.) The monthly overview included this statement:

"Later, as The Unforgivable unleash their most lethal threat yet"

And the rest of the month's events are still unannounced... we'll know soon enough.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭
    #917 October, 2021, 07:11 pm.

@WinnieStillwell that's what I assumed too but that was when the update 2.19 was supposed to come out earlier this month. We'll see if that timeline slip has any impact on the rest of the schedule. I almost hope so because I'll be traveling next weekend and won't have as much time to spend on the game.

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #1118 October, 2021, 10:56 am.

@hpwulola

Why only 4 days? So this is only an event for housewives, the unemployed and schoolchildren / students?

Normally it takes 3-4 days for the tasks PLUS 1-2 days for the bonus tasks. Why? It will surprise you, but you have to work to make money. During the week, games are only possible to a very limited extent ... Everybody know it, of cause Niantic not?

I have one.. maybe two wishes:

1st: Fix the main bugs ASAP!

2nd: i only wanna play some days or a week for me, without any Event or Special... That would be so cool

"If you have something special every day, something special turns into something everyday and therefore very boring"

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1218 October, 2021, 04:20 pm.

@BaluzauBAERer there are plenty of people who work weekends and have days off during the week.

And while I agree that the non stop events with no break is not good, there's nothing that says you have to do them all. If you want a break, just skip an event and play however you want during that time.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    #1318 October, 2021, 05:18 pm.

Why is this event only 4 days, and no weekend days? People have to work, the majority of people don't finish these events in 2 or 3 days, and don't want to be pressured to do so. We have real life going on, too. How much further can your go to make playing this game not just unenjoyable, but stressful? No fix for Adventure Sync, either. If I can't finish this, I think I'll save some stress and take a break.

• T0ob1T0ob1 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1418 October, 2021, 08:00 pm.

Oh man. I thought I was reading wrong... Only 4 days with the "usual" tasks and spawn rates also don't seem to be adjusted. How did anyone think that would be good idea?

Some people (who are limited by work time) like to have at least all stickers in the register and some of the previous events were already quite stressing with bad spawns limiting progress.

I can only concur the opinion of Entrained and others...

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,680 mod
    #1518 October, 2021, 08:18 pm.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the event days, everyone. I'm passing this along to the team!

Also, we're aware of the bug affecting the Burning Day Brilliant Event Runestone name. Our team is looking into this and it does not affect the gameplay.

• MrFuzzlehootMrFuzzlehoot Posts: 4
    #1618 October, 2021, 08:59 pm.

I have returned 7 George Weasley’s, it has only records 2!!! I’ve restarted and done all usual.. what is going on!!??

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    #1819 October, 2021, 12:16 am.

@Kiyone57 i used TTD and I got 1 brilliant foundable period.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #2019 October, 2021, 11:28 am.

I was initially upset like most of you that four days, Weekdays especially, was too much to ask.

I'm now on page four tasks and have only opened one portkey. Should finish the page today.

I did use some gold to finish potions early and a BBE to increase XP earned during Wizarding Challenges.

Another way to accelerate task completion is to use trace charms. Extra fragments count when collecting Fred and George for page one and two tasks. They also count for the ministry foundables task.

Hope this helps.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    #2119 October, 2021, 01:20 pm.

@Not4u13 Nice!

I got into grind mode after work last night and completed the event this morning BEFORE work. I got creative with some of the tasks when standard efforts didn’t get the results I wanted. For example: I completed the LoH bonus task with TTDs and Trace Charms… but I also tried the Knight Bus… Tower chambers with LoH runestones got me foundable drops there 2ish out of 3ish times.

Like I said, I got creative on this—it hadn’t been listed in the event info as something that would work. So in this case it was a happy “find”. 🙃 Maybe it’ll help some of y’all seeing this? … especially as the LoH requirement wasn’t dropped from 25 to 10 as Lola and some other folks had requested.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    #2219 October, 2021, 07:35 pm.

@Not4u13 and @Expelliarma7

How did you acquire the 7,000 Wizarding XP in Fortress battles? Solo battles using a Baruffio still seem to suck up energy, resources and time for me.

#2419 October, 2021, 10:16 pm.

@enTrained @Not4u13

I used a Baruffio’s as well as high-level Runestones (4s and 5s). And I figured out my “sweet spot” chambers-wise was Tower3 — high enough to punch some XP numbers but not so high as to start needing rich potions.

It was in my Bonus XP grind that I accidentally realized the LoH runestones would work for the foundable drops. I had gone fortressing for the Bonus XP task, and I just decided to use LoH runestones—completed one battle and left the fortress to be sure my gift vault was clear, and up popped a banner showing I’d landed an LoH foundable! 🤩 Best accidental “find” of the event!

edited October 19 #2619 October, 2021, 11:19 pm.

@hpwulola, thank you so much! 💫✨ And thanks for all the good work you do behind the scenes that most of us never see!

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    #2719 October, 2021, 11:43 pm.

@hpwulola I wish I had seen that post earlier because I am now on the bonus special assignment. I got very lucky because I only needed to use the 2 TfTDs that was required in 2/4. And I can not seem to resist finishing all the fortress challenge requirements. Thank you very much for another delightful event, @HPWUTeam ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• BartemiusHoochBartemiusHooch Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #2820 October, 2021, 01:34 am.

@VoiceMaster , hopefully that has not been me. I will sometimes leave, but I leave with 30 seconds left. I look to see if someone appears to be a leacher. I been in multiple battles where there is 1 other person and they fight nothing. I try to make sure there is at least 3 to avoid that. Granted, I’ve been with 2 people who do nothing too. (Though maybe others have connection errors, so I do not get mad/upset). I also see where the person who creates the room (red) never joins and waits till the time counts all the way down. That person almost never does anything. Maybe that isn’t the best approach?

The fix for people leaving because lack of professions could be a way to change profession once in the join screen?

• BhurfnuhrBhurfnuhr Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2920 October, 2021, 02:37 am.

My Burning Day runestones aren't even labeled as such. Instead, the name comes up as [VAULT ITEM RUNESTONE EVENT 0029 1 NAME]. And using one of these runestones in a Wizards Challenge NEVER results in a Dragon Firework Fragment. I've tried them at least 4 times.

• DragonfoxmemDragonfoxmem Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #3020 October, 2021, 03:08 am.

@hpwulola my game says this event still ends on Friday.... I see no info on extending anywhere

• FFbatmanFFbatman Posts: 1
    #3120 October, 2021, 03:31 am.

My Burning Day runestones are not yielding any firework fragments.? I've used more than 5 of them