Guaranteed flying keys not being awarded

BazmadoodahBazmadoodah Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 14 October, 2021, 09:23 pm.

I have wasted around 20 Legends of Hogwarts Runestones doing Fortress Chambers today during Community day where it is supposed to award a Flying Key Foundable guaranteed but awards nothing. I want my runestones back Niantic. I need these to complete pages by collecting other Legends of Hogwarts Wizarding Challenge foundables but during community day you turn these off so not only am I not receiving what is supposed to be guaranteed (and I don’t need except to complete the stupid task of collect 8) but I can’t collect anything else either. Sort it out!

12 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• dekovitedekovite Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #213 October, 2021, 10:26 am.

I've just tried my first fortress of the community day, and despite it showing a winged key would be the reward, all I got was a shield fragment, no guaranteed winged key fragment - this was in tower v - have they forgotten to mention it's certain levels and above?

• KitzenKitzen Posts: 556 ✭✭✭
    #313 October, 2021, 10:38 am.

@Bazmadoodah @dekovite it is the same as with every other CD, you are guaranteed a flying key foundable IF you get a drop (so no other fragment will drop). You are confusing this with drop rate, the drop rates are the same as usual for ruins 1 to forest 3, so you can still have no fragment drop in those chambers. There is a 100% drop rate from forest4+ for the event.

• CherblyChermingCherblyCherming Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #413 October, 2021, 11:03 am.

I have used 3 Legends of Hogwarts runestones on 3 different chambers and have not gotten the guaranteed Flying Key yet.

• dekovitedekovite Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #513 October, 2021, 11:18 am.

The wording in the in game news article is "Guaranteed Flying Key from Wizarding Chambers when using Legends of Hogwarts Runestones" - that doesn't specify that it has to be from a specific chamber onwards, but then I'm sure it's expected based on the usual event wording of increased specific traces from Tonics that often don't appear to be.

• RavenAbernathyRavenAbernathy Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #613 October, 2021, 11:19 am.

Same, I used 6+ level 2 and 3 runes with ZERO flying keys as a reward. EVERY event it seems much harder to complete the tasks at hand then when there is no event at all! I ALWAYS get multiple specific foundables during events that spawn then when I complete that page of tasks and said foundable is now needed they rarely pop up. It's not fun to play when the computer puts you at a disadvantage purposely!

• RavenAbernathyRavenAbernathy Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited October 13 #713 October, 2021, 11:26 am.

@Kitzen , i just tested your theory using a level 4 rune in forest v, still NOTHING. Im out 10 runes with ZERO flying keys. That is and award rate of 0/10 which is NOT 1/3. Maybe there is a bug for android users for this and not ios. Im android.

• Huffle4UTonksHuffle4UTonks Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #814 October, 2021, 11:11 am.

The fragment is only guaranteed in Forest 4 and above.

edited October 14 #914 October, 2021, 11:15 am.

@RavenAbernathy I'm on Android, and I've gotten a flying key for every battle I've done in Forest 4 and above using a Legends of Hogwarts runestone.

#1014 October, 2021, 11:54 am.

@dekovite The SOS report in the game says guaranteed drops from Forest chamber IV and above.

• HuffleodHuffleod Posts: 1
    #1114 October, 2021, 09:02 pm.

I just did 2 fortress levels 4 with the correct runes tone and no flying key. This is ridiculous.

• RavenclawGarnetRavenclawGarnet Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1214 October, 2021, 09:23 pm.

I just did forest 5 twice and got one chess queen and one potions book, I need 2 more winged keys to complete.