Red dot on skills when there are insufficient books to purchase

MalusMalerusMalusMalerus Posts: 1 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 27 September, 2019, 02:44 pm.

With the new update , now have red dots on individual skill tree items, however they don't reflect what is actually purchasable.

Either it's only taking into account the amount of scrolls you have or (hopefully) the red book cost will get reduced after the update is fully released?

Comments

• LoratadinaLoratadina Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #206 August, 2019, 02:35 pm.

I’m having the same issue

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭
    #306 August, 2019, 03:21 pm.

@MalusMalerus I do not believe they would reduce book requirements enough to justify the red dots I saw. Fortunately the dot goes away on the profession and suitcase.

• SpahzSpahz Posts: 76 ✭✭
    #406 August, 2019, 03:30 pm.

Same here

looks like the dots are triggered by the number scrolls and not the cumulative requirement

• NearlyHeedlessNearlyHeedless Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #506 August, 2019, 04:34 pm.
  • NeighborlyNeighborly Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #615 August, 2019, 09:47 pm.

Yep. It's a glitch. Not sure if they know about it but I checked all of the possible advances that are accessible and none of them could be done due to lack of books.

• MightybeagleMightybeagle Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #720 August, 2019, 05:56 pm.

feels like the notification logic changed from AND(book, scroll) to OR(book, scroll) at some point.

• renegadefencerrenegadefencer Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #821 August, 2019, 01:09 am.

I'm a mobile game QA tester.

After watching the behavior several times, it definitely looks like certain nodes in the skill tree get "available" badges when the player has enough scrolls, even if they don't have the other required items.

The same nodes consistently show this behavior, showing the red dot every time I have enough scrolls.

My profession is Professor, and the only other screenshot here also shows Professor. It would be worth checking whether other professions have this issue.

My best guess is that skill nodes with multiple stages, where the initial stage does not have book requirements, are not correctly checking requirements for the later stages.

• AvelsajoAvelsajo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #923 August, 2019, 04:02 am.

I'm a magizoologist and have the same issue. I've got 8 extra red dots that I don't have enough red books for. I suspect an OR instead of AND issue a well.

• TheRainbowBriteTheRainbowBrite Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited September 5 #1005 September, 2019, 04:57 pm.

Same issue here (also a Professor). It went away when I happened to have the exact number of scrolls needed to earn a lesson and my scroll count went down to zero. But, as soon as I got more scrolls, the red dot reappeared and refuses to disappear.

• iridaeairidaea Posts: 1
    #1109 September, 2019, 01:29 am.

I have the same issue as an aurer. It seems to pop up at 19 scrolls, always.

• InsaneMahaviraInsaneMahavira Posts: 1
    #1209 September, 2019, 03:43 pm.

I have the same problem with the red dot in skills, and I've noticed that the red books I've been earning don't show up in my inventory. The number of red books is stuck at two.

• AlannafayeAlannafaye Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1311 September, 2019, 12:13 pm.

I have a red dot on the professions tab but not enough books to purchase anything. very annoying because it doesn't clear from the suitcase either.

• SpahzSpahz Posts: 76 ✭✭
    #1411 September, 2019, 08:26 pm.

@Alannafaye

same here, wondering if has to do with the other Professions not just the active one

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1513 September, 2019, 03:41 pm.

@Spahz I had that theory too, but then someone commented they hadn’t started a second profession. So I don’t know. A friend had the red dot and I couldn’t figure out what it was marking, and know for a fact he hasn’t started a second tree either. But next time I saw him, his dot was gone. Tis a mystery 🤷🏼‍♀️

• 78BlackCat78BlackCat Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1613 September, 2019, 03:42 pm.

I have 5 scrolls, 1 restricted book and 2 red/brown books. Red dot of rage still won’t go away.... I deliberately used as many scrolls/books as possible across auror and professor. I can’t do anything with so few scrolls let alone those few books. Why can they not fix this glitch? It’s like it just runs from place to place. Achievements then diagon alley basket now professions. What next? OCD side is twitching.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    #1713 September, 2019, 06:08 pm.

I’ve noticed this glitch for a while as well now and it does look like it’s connected to the scrolls. The case for me is that the red dot appears as soon as I have enough scrolls to complete the skill with the least amount of scrolls needed (regardless of books).

Previously when the red dot appeared on the professions due to the number of scrolls, the dot would also show on the related skills in the tree and I only needed to click then leave the page and it would go away. But recently, probably since the update, the dot appears on the profession, there’s no dot on the skill it’s referring to and it doesn’t go away even if you click on the skills it’s probably related to. It only goes once the scrolls are used and the number is then less than the skill with the least amount of scrolls required to complete it. In my case this means my scrolls currently need to be less then 18.

I reported the glitch at one point, but not sure how long it’s going to take before it’s fixed. Hopefully this discussion will help and it will be sorted soon.😊

• NoHoNoHo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1814 September, 2019, 01:04 am.

I also have this problem (professor) and attempted to report last week. It pops up as soon as I have enough scrolls (but not books) for any lesson.

• MaughamMaugham Posts: 1
    #1919 September, 2019, 12:25 am.

I am also experiencing this issue and have tried signing out, signing in and deleting the app. This appears to be issue with application itself.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2024 September, 2019, 07:45 pm.

Still the red dot on profession with 2.4...

• WillDresdenWillDresden Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2124 September, 2019, 10:34 pm.

Somebody commented above about it possibly being linked to a new skill available in a non current profession.

I found this may be correct.

my main profession is Magizoologist with 100 lessons complete. I also have gained 28 lessons for Auror and 22 for Professor.

I gained and removed the red dot the other day by switching back to Auror and learning one of the lessons which was flagged under that profession.

obviously this doesn’t explain the case (also described above) of one player who hasn’t not learnt any other professions. I wonder did they however switch at any time, but then switched back without learning?

could that be the missing piece of the puzzle?

• TheRainbowBriteTheRainbowBrite Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2227 September, 2019, 02:44 pm.

WILLDRESDEN - yes, I can get rid of the red dot by spending my scrolls on lessons in other professions. But, I don't want to level up in other professions. I want to hold onto my scrolls so that I have enough of them the next time I have enough red/green books to complete lessons in my chosen profession. This red dot is incredibly annoying.