Into The Fire Brilliant Event- Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,213 admin
edited October 5 in Announcements #1 latest comment 11 October, 2021, 06:22 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Help Harry and Hermione restore Ron's memories of his fourth year and investigate Grim's whereabouts!

Return Brilliant Foundables to the Brilliant Triwizard Maze during Part 2 of the Into the Fire Brilliant Event, starting 4 October at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Brilliant Blast-Ended Skrewt - Encounter
  • Brilliant Welsh Green - Encounter
  • Transfigured Draco Malfoy - Tasks
  • Starting Canno n - Brilliant Portkey
  • Amos Diggory - Wizarding Challenges

There also will be an increase of other Traces that bring back memories of The Triwizard Tournament.

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #307 October, 2021, 04:01 am.

That was yummy finding for Captain Harry Potter because i got more charm in place image. Thanks for long time BE!

One more thing, Happy Birthday Niantic! I hope there's more POI in place idea inn/greenhouse.

• AussieposseAussieposse Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #407 October, 2021, 04:36 am.

Place 5 Images on Brilliant Into the Fire Registry Page 1 Spell Book

how do you do this?

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #507 October, 2021, 03:07 pm.

@Aussieposse

You need to return the Brilliant** foundables that pop up on the map.

**bright purple trace with a purple flare coming out of the top

As you return enough of these, you “place” them on the event’s page in your Registry, which you find by going to the suitcase icon at the bottom of your screen, then going to the Registry tab, and then Events.

You can increase the numbers of traces you’ll see on your map by using a Tonic for Trace Detection potion.

Hope this helps! If not, try this link:

https://wizardsunitehub.info/guide/wizards-unite-beginners-guide/

#607 October, 2021, 03:16 pm.

@Aussieposse You can also place images by completing fortress battles using Brilliant Runestones (in most cases, you’ll see the trace count in your victory summary screen), and by opening Brilliant Portkeys. I’m multitasking so I forgot to mention that the first time. 🙃

• Cat05birdCat05bird Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #707 October, 2021, 08:10 pm.

I cannot get to the tasks the special or regular. . It kicks me out off app.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    #808 October, 2021, 01:08 pm.

Anyone else having issues completing the wingardium leviosa challenge in bonus - 1 day and zero COMC new traces?

• MiaCara6MiaCara6 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #908 October, 2021, 01:55 pm.

Same issue! Just asked for help on @HarryPotterWizardsUnite on Twitter. Even with Tonic for Trace Detection active I don’t find them. They need to turn up the frequency on those.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited October 8 #1008 October, 2021, 06:31 pm.

The Care of Magical Creatures' Baby Troll is in the wild and at home, and one in every Tonic for Trace Detection. It is the second Bonus special assignment requirement that I completed.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1108 October, 2021, 07:15 pm.

@C4tmonster i try to look for CoMC in the wild at first when stumble at that task and none baby troll found, but when tried TTD, it give them plenty.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #1209 October, 2021, 02:09 am.

The portkey is Dumbledore’s office. Has anyone found the memory cabinet and Fawkes’ perch? I can see the sorting hat and the pensieve, but not the other two.

edited October 9 #1309 October, 2021, 10:18 am.

@C4tmonster & @MiaCara6 If you can even find one baby troll for the Wingardiam Leviosa spell… try using dawdle draught potion only, and aim toward doing just a “fair” spell cast. The task is just to cast Wingardiam Leviosa a bunch of times. If you play it carefully you may be able to get them all on one foundable (note that the task is not to return several baby trolls, it’s to cast the spell numerous times).

#1409 October, 2021, 10:29 am.

@Rumpelstilzkin I saw the pensieve! Had to go back to find where you saw the Sorting Hat though. Good eye!! :)

I’m not seeing the memory cabinet either, nor Fawkes’ perch.

I’m also seeing lots of duplicate portraits on the wall… I didn’t know whether those were clues…? Or just graphics shortcuts…

edited October 9 #1509 October, 2021, 10:56 am.

@C4tmonster & @MiaCara6 One addition to my comment above…

I just went and tried to do what I’d described for you and even with getting just fair and good spellcasts, it still returned the baby troll on the fourth cast. So…

1) In addition to using Dawdle Draught (to keep the trace from departing), also try to use a trace charm while having a Tonic for Trace Detection active. That would hopefully bring you at least one more baby troll?

2) As for how to aim for a spellcast that is not better than “fair” or “good” — just trace the spell cast super slowly. Because one of the primary measures of spellcast quality is speed. ( <— this is a good thing to know in general)

Worst-case scenario… if you are out walking and using Tonic for Trace and you still aren’t seeing the baby trolls…? Sometimes I notice that I can use a trace charm on a trace with the same color flare and that will trigger the spawns I want to appear (in this case, the baby troll is the light blue Care of Magical Creatures trace with the butterscotch-toned flare).

Somebody help me out on that last point if I could have described it better? 😬

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #1609 October, 2021, 07:30 pm.

Got kicked out of two chambers, one dark V and a forest chamber. Not funny. Just before it ended, last or second last foe.

I usually got kicked out with brain elixir.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1709 October, 2021, 07:44 pm.

very low quality spell cast on baby troll for wingardium leviose doesnt really work much if sos training on spell mastery+family spell mastery got maxed LoL. but strangely on my task of that it got finished suddenly when using trace charm for my last 2 spell, is it not about fragments?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #1809 October, 2021, 11:59 pm.

@Kodokmag if you stuck finishing task wingardium leviose, you need make a random cast to make good cast spammer if you have found baby troll too.

@Bellefleurtjah why just play in ruins chamber V if you kicked out in dark chamber.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #1910 October, 2021, 02:58 am.

I don't think you actually need to make a successful cast to count. I was able to do several incomplete casts and it seemed to count each attempt. This only works for spell cast tasks, which this one is.

#2010 October, 2021, 02:22 pm.

@Bellefleurtjah Not sure if you’ve seen prior discussions about this here before, but some of us who were getting kicked out of fortress battles* found that if we were careful about these two things, it solved the problem:

• when choosing a potion, let the potion bubbles animation complete entirely before resuming gameplay
    • choose only one potion at a time (ie make two trips to the potions vault if you are trying to stack multiple potions

*same also applied to Adversary encounters for many of us as well.

#2110 October, 2021, 04:52 pm.

@Not4u13 Same for me. I caught on late that it was a spellcast and not a trace-return requirement, but once I caught on, I was able to complete three spellcasts with one baby troll and a dawdle draught.

• LnghrnwtkLnghrnwtk Posts: 3
    #2211 October, 2021, 01:02 pm.

Hello, I just completed the bonus assignment for part 2 of the current brilliant event but do not have 15 RSB. How can that be? I restarted the game but they did not appear

• AllanWhistletopAllanWhistletop Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2311 October, 2021, 02:56 pm.

Having a hard time getting COMC baby troll… wasted two tonic for trace dectections and no troll appeared…

• AllanWhistletopAllanWhistletop Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2411 October, 2021, 03:02 pm.

I failed to complete the bonus section of the previous Part 2 event because the Tonic for Trace detection doesn’t give out enough foundable requirement after wasting several tonics. I was bummed…

• DjeaDjea Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    #2511 October, 2021, 06:22 pm.

Thank you very much for this Brilliant Event, @HPWUTeam 😄 I had a great time, especially since I got a lot of gold gifts to give to my friends!