Severe and Dark Arts Spotlight Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,213 admin
edited October 1 in Announcements #1 latest comment 04 October, 2021, 07:23 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

A surge of Severe and Dark Arts themed Traces are expected to appear on the map from 30 September 11:00 a.m. PT - 4 October 11:00 a.m. PT. Have your wands and potions at the ready as you encounter Foundables such as the Swooping Evil, , Tank of Brains, Grawp and Weasleys’ Flying Car. All players will see a boost to Baruffio's Brain Elixir during this event as well.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• HalfbloodbellaHalfbloodbella Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #230 September, 2021, 06:13 pm.

Just when I thought there was a break from events to replenish my potions….SURPRISE! Severe traces! Who am I kidding…Of course I have to play!

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #330 September, 2021, 06:53 pm.

Thanks for allowing us a chance to finish opening any Dragon Egg Portkeys before the next part of the Brilliant Event.

Hoping it comes after the October update!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #530 September, 2021, 07:29 pm.

what is mean by "boost to Baruffio's Brain Elixir"? is it we could find BBE potion on map? is it BBE ingredients on map? is it BBE gift?

or maybe is it all of those boosted?

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,636 mod
    #630 September, 2021, 08:22 pm.

@Kodokmag It means the Wizarding XP you receive while the Baruffia's Brain Elixir is active will be boosted.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #730 September, 2021, 09:19 pm.

I was wondering why so many red beams appeared earlier this afternoon. Cool.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #830 September, 2021, 09:53 pm.

Yes, I went for a walk and was surprised by the many red beams. Never a dull moment in HPWU!

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
    #930 September, 2021, 10:15 pm.

A nice surprise :)

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #1001 October, 2021, 12:34 am.

Nice! Love it! @hpwulola

• DjeaDjea Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    #1101 October, 2021, 05:24 am.

I'm loving it so far. 😍 Thank you very much@HPWUTeam .

May we have more granian hair on the map, please. Also, why did it stop being one of the portkey rewards?

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited October 1 #1201 October, 2021, 01:00 pm.

Has everyone noticed yet that Master Notes bring BBE brew time to one hour and two minutes? I don’t use many BBE anymore but I still just brewed up the ingredients I have for them, as this brew time is fantastic and I do still use these potions for XP tasks.

PS: a few people in the Discord server figured this out… the time thing I mean.

• RockylizardRockylizard Posts: 39 ✭✭✭
    #1303 October, 2021, 09:35 pm.

The “Severe” /light red beam spotlight was pretty good, no complaints here. There was a wide variety of Severe spawns, and they happened frequently enough to be interesting.

The “Dark Arts” spotlight/green traces spotlight was pretty much a bust for me here tho. There were a handful of Percival Graves, and a couple of Swoopy spawns. Other than that, pretty much business as usual.

I did like the brewing benefit for Baruffios tho, best brain bonus bottled boost!

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4 #1404 October, 2021, 05:09 pm.

I can’t get the game to load at the moment. I think it may be because Facebook is down. Does anyone else who signs in through Facebook have this problem? I’m glad it’s not a Brilliant event or other event with tasks going on right now.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #1504 October, 2021, 06:03 pm.

@CeruleanGirl I use the FB login and I'm having the same login problem.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #1604 October, 2021, 06:26 pm.

Yes, this is an issue if you use FB login. Looks like its a DNS issue, probably due to recent 60 minutes article. Not sure how long to recover.

• WinnieStillwellWinnieStillwell Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1704 October, 2021, 07:23 pm.

I'm also unable to login through facebook... frustrating.