Low drop rate on 1920s "gift" fragments

andyj682andyj682 Posts: 5 ✭✭
in Game Events #1 latest comment 16 September, 2021, 10:22 pm.

The drop rate on the "gift" fragments from these 1920s portkeys (the ones you get only as part of opening the portkeys, not in the subsequent encounters) still seems ridiculously low. I've opened about 60 special portkeys between the two events and so far I've only gotten 3 of those fragments. At that rate it'll take months to even get off standard on these pages, and I assume many years to finish. Feels like a waste of time until the drop rate becomes more reasonable.

Comments

• apm1117apm1117 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #215 September, 2021, 04:51 pm.

Just came to post the same thing. Over the 2 events so far, I've received 0 drops of the portkey fragments. The whole thing is setup as a joke, because normally in a portkey you just get a fragment guaranteed, but now there is no guaranteed fragment, and you have to use spell energy to catch your "guaranteed" one instead of just being given it. the portkey fragments should be given in every one, and then you're given an encounter to earn the second one. Without that, these portkeys are just worse than the regular ones.

For a feature that was teased for months this is just a waste of time.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #315 September, 2021, 05:47 pm.

Seriously, if the drop rates are the same as last time, saving the silver keys until the rates change is how I'm going to play this. At a rate of 3.05% for the Maledictus Poster, you'd need to open 920 portkeys to gold star the Circus, on average. While at a rate of 1.45% for the Lestrange Family Tree, you'd need to open 1932 portkeys... over a thousand more in total! ... and if they never change the rates... well, I can always use the keys next time

• SleepdevilyangSleepdevilyang Posts: 2
    #416 September, 2021, 08:23 am.

Give up~ I'll use no silver key this time~

• Subject6Subject6 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #516 September, 2021, 10:22 pm.

Until I saw people posting about the gift fragments I had no idea they were a thing. I've opened quite a few of those portkeys (lost count, sorry) and have never gotten a gift fragment.