September 1920s Wizarding World Convergence

Comments

• AMslimfordyAMslimfordy Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #3214 September, 2021, 10:05 pm.

Echoing others. The tasks tab is all white. If I click on it (such as to access daily tasks), I get stuck on a black screen. Therefore I am unable to collect my daily rewards such as spell energy.

I tried downloading assets (which should NOT be the solution; this is a core functionality and should not require additional 100+MB download) but it stalls at the last file. Cancelling and attempting again reveals a 0.0MB file that cannot/will not download.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
    #3314 September, 2021, 10:09 pm.

There are no tasks for this event, it is a time where players can collect and open 1920s Portkeys.

• Kbianco02Kbianco02 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #3414 September, 2021, 11:36 pm.

@Drakonite You sound as fed up as I am. I made a post saying some people I know are boycotting Community Day for this reason. Join us.

• HouseelfhelperHouseelfhelper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #3515 September, 2021, 01:45 am.

The new 1920s wizarding convergence not working. First clicking on event icon brings you to general news on events NOT this event. It has stopped counting ANY steps so portkeys can't open which is essentially the event! I managed to open 2 event portkeys before it stopped working and trying to click on the light as the screen rolled around uncontrollably was near impossible and not at all " normal" and I have no idea if the foundable i DID catch counted or not since the event icon doesn't work! Not sure how this could be a bigger disaster...and only 2 day event so WHAT!!???

• USWMGreyUSWMGrey Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #3615 September, 2021, 02:21 am.

You started the 1920’s event early and didn’t give us the portmanteaus to use the keys on. I used the keys on the portmanteaus that appeared and they were the wrong ones. Now I do t have the keys and the portmanteaus showed up 6 hours later. Please replace my keys and you should extend play time also!!

• MollieWeezlyMollieWeezly Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #3715 September, 2021, 03:11 am.

I also get the white circle and black screen when I click it. Not going to try downloading all assets because I need the space. Losing interest.

• AtonementAtonement Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3815 September, 2021, 11:24 am.

The number of ministry manuals when placing has been reduced. We were told that it was passed along to the devs, along with possibly adjusting the drop rates for the bonus foundables from the portkeys. Any update on these two things?

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #4015 September, 2021, 12:42 pm.

I opened the portkey. Oh, it's a rare one, a Newt Scamander. Better use a potion...No connection. Can't you do better than this?

• HoosierfanHoosierfan Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #4115 September, 2021, 12:47 pm.

So, what’s the deal with the number of SOS Manuals being drastically cut? The foundables are going to be tough enough to place as it is, but to only get 2 or 4 manuals when it used to be 21 and 42?

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    #4215 September, 2021, 02:09 pm.

Lol. So, no tasks and no manuals and no hope of prestiging pages even if you'd throw tons of money at this? I really hope nobody buys any silver keys for this non-event...

• alinalxndonalinalxndon Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #4315 September, 2021, 02:51 pm.

I have been using potions and moving around today. I have not seen any portkeys for this event and there are no assignments so I am not sure if I should be looking for any special items?

this morning when I tried to do things in the event it kept giving me a black screen and I would have to force-close. Nothing happens when I go to special assignments. If this just a portkey event?

• kenau007kenau007 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #4415 September, 2021, 04:36 pm.

Yes, there are no assignments...just walk, walk, walk...

• ParrishBlueParrishBlue Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    edited September 15 #4515 September, 2021, 04:59 pm.

I got a 1920's portmanteau opened and then the game crashed as I was starting the encounter. Sheesh. It's hard enough to unlock these with AS down.

Tried to use the in-app support, so we'll see if they can help.

Edit: support replaced the silver key... shucks... but at least it's something.

Post edited by ParrishBlue on
  • Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 68 ✭✭
    #4615 September, 2021, 05:00 pm.

To me it seems the absence of tasks makes it so anyone can make what they want of the event, which seems like a positive, given the many frustrations people have shared recently with not being able to complete tasks.

I’ve been working full-time so not able to play as much as I’d like, but I’m enjoying the gameplay I’ve been able to do so far.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4715 September, 2021, 06:40 pm.

While, yes, the fact that there are no tasks makes it different from other events where players are missing out on a lot of resources if they can’t participate, I wouldn’t say that it is an optional event either. It is the only way to fill up the new Registry Pages. If there are players who can’t open portkeys, through no fault of their own, it really is unfair to them. For me, an iPhone user, it is optional. But those who can’t open Portkeys do not have that same choice that I do. They are just out of luck. That’s what makes it an unfair event.

#4815 September, 2021, 07:29 pm.

@CeruleanGirl I hear that. And considering all things, other than a complete stopping of all gameplay, not having to meet task requirements seemed it would at least allow people to use gold keys and not lose any resources…

Since I’m also playing on an iPhone, my opinion on the matter doesn’t weigh as heavily as someone who’s lost resources trying to work through glitches** while not being able to complete event tasks etc. The main issue I see here is that Portkey Games isn’t communicating about their plans to fix AS, missing POIs, etc. That seems to be the bitterest pill. <\3

**hopefully at the very least people are reaching out to in-app support when that happens… they do seem to get back to you within a few days and if you’re specific on what resources you lost, they’ll replace them.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #4915 September, 2021, 07:52 pm.

So much for tuning the drop rates after the last event … this just isn’t fun!

I don’t know how to communicate this any simpler, @hpwulola

#5015 September, 2021, 08:49 pm.

@PomonaMroz I don’t understand what the issue is? You have returned two foundables… are you expecting a perfectly even drop of all portkey fragments so that you return all traces at the same time? I’m not being snarky, you say you don’t know how to communicate it any simpler but I really don’t see what the issue is…

edited September 15 #5115 September, 2021, 09:21 pm.

For context, there was feedback acknowledged from the last event that the foundables that randomly drop (the non-encounter ones) aren’t dropping — Lola responded that they’d be tuning the drop rate: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/83354#Comment_83354

… but it really doesn’t seem like this has happened. At least, as my screenshot shows, I’m still seeing none of these non-encounter drops (the 0/3) despite going through enough portkeys to place and max the encounter foundables.

If we’re not going to be able to prestige, then what’s the point?

Post edited by PomonaMroz on
  • FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #5215 September, 2021, 10:17 pm.

The event 1920 is still perfect. 35 portkeys opened and no (zero, nothing) rewards fragments.

Buy silver keys? For what?

Move on!

#5315 September, 2021, 10:26 pm.

@PomonaMroz ahhh ok, thanks for the context! I went and looked and I see that I’ve only placed the Maledictus poster so far, just today. Not the other non-encounter items yet… I have several things yet left to place, actually. This game gives my sister and I some lighthearted stuff to talk about across the miles (we’ve read all the books and love them all) in the midst of challenging stuff going on otherwise, so my game pace is mainly pretty chill I guess…

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #5415 September, 2021, 11:00 pm.

@HPWUTeam thank you very much for this event. I don't have any complaints so far but I also don't look at the rewards except for the foundable fragments. I have unlocked 8 portkey portmanteaus and have used 2 portkeys. I use Dawdle Draughts so none of my fragments are missing.

I would like to ask that the 1920s Event portkey portmanteaus that do not have keys do not disappear from the queue until the end of the event tomorrow at 11 pm because I plan to walk until 11 pm and would like to be able to put keys on the next available portkey portmanteaus. Thank you very much! ☺️

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5516 September, 2021, 03:56 am.

We should do a survey of how many of the bonus foundables we have versus the number of portkeys/encounters. I just counted mine and I have 4 bonus foundables in 33 encounters. Not great. 🤷

• DragonfoxmemDragonfoxmem Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #5616 September, 2021, 03:58 am.

I am struggling to get the third family tree since last event and could still not prestige that page...

• PierogalloPierogallo Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #5716 September, 2021, 06:42 am.

@CeruleanGirl not so bad! I've 2 with 35 encounters

• AtonementAtonement Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5816 September, 2021, 07:13 am.

@CeruleanGirl Plotter101 did this data for the first event. The Maledictus Poster showed up about 3.04%, Bunty at 2.73% and Lestrange Family Tree at 1.45%. This was drawn from information from about 4800 portkeys.

edited September 16 #5916 September, 2021, 08:23 am.

So they expect us to do over 600 portkeys (assuming the portkeys are spread evenly over the pages) before we can prestige Paris Street just once?!

😂

I hope that the new adversaries (I heard next month!) are enough to keep the game going.

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 48 ✭✭
    #6016 September, 2021, 10:17 am.

Oh well, lost a portkey-encounter due to sudden connection lost.

I like this game less and less. And it does consume more data, and thus energy for data centers, than doing something else. Maybe I have to quit after all, if I don't enjoy it like before..

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6116 September, 2021, 10:29 am.

the "very low chance" of reward only foundable maybe for slowing down severely to those of hardcore player?

probably from the data taken from latest new page (baby beast?) gold page in one day?

well, the result is taken for all player 😥