How about Formidable++?

Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 68 ✭✭
in Game Events #1 latest comment 14 September, 2021, 03:15 pm.

Suggestion: when an event task requires that we defeat a certain number of “formidable foes” in a fortress battle, why can’t any foe who is formidable OR HIGHER count?

For instance, when we have to achieve a certain number of good or great spell casts, anything above good or great counts. So why can’t it be the same for foes in fortress battles?

I ask because I’ve been trying various chambers and the majority of the foes I’m encountering are either Common or Imposing. :-|

So… a thought for consideration…

Comments

• dawnsnewdaydawnsnewday Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
    #207 September, 2021, 08:46 pm.

I tend to find them in lower ruins chambers 3 -5 using a 4 runestone

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 68 ✭✭
    #307 September, 2021, 09:03 pm.

Thanks for the tip! I was mainly in RuinsV and Tower1 and attempting to use up my Brilliant runestones… I did finally complete that task but it was a grind for sure!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #407 September, 2021, 11:13 pm.

my thought is at least the "elite formidable" also count.

• Subject6Subject6 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #510 September, 2021, 06:45 pm.

@dawnsnewday I'll have to try that next time that's a task I'm working on, thanks!

@Expelliarma7 Yeah, I'm with you. Last time I was working on a task like that, formidable opponents would only show up when I was in a chamber with other players. I am almost always the last player to "get into" the challenge chamber, so by the time I'm there everyone else has already picked their foe. Which means my only options are foes that are NOT formidable... unless I sit there doing absolutely nothing until one just shows up and hopefully I'm able to get it before someone else does. Frankly, that makes challenge chambers way less likely to be a cooperative experience because everyone is fighting over the same level of foe. I've seen a lot of players come in, battle the formidable foe, and then just leave the chamber. They got what they came for and tough luck to anyone else. I already didn't like playing in groups just because of the lag issues (I honestly can't count the number of times I spent the entire time trying to fight something only to be told that it was taken after 15sec of waiting, rinse and repeat until the chamber is done and I didn't have the chance to fight anything), but I feel like this requirement of "formidable foes only" just makes everything so much worse.

• Ulruc2525Ulruc2525 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #614 September, 2021, 02:27 am.

I normally find 2-4 per challenge when I got Forest II with a level 3 runestone. Last night for example, it took me 4 challenges on Forest 2 and 1 on Forest 1 (clicked on the wrong item) to get a total of 18 Formidable enemies.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 68 ✭✭
    #714 September, 2021, 03:15 pm.

@Subject6 I never even thought of that! I learned to play on my own before the Knight Bus was a thing, so most of my fortress gameplay was solo by default until somewhere into my mid-40 levels. It never even occurred to me to try to get my formidable foes in group challenges. That would certainly add a layer of difficulty I’d think!

@Ulruc2525 Hmmmm, maybe I’ll try low Forest chambers next time and see what I get…. and this may seem obvious, but I hadn’t considered before that Runestone level affects foe level. I had thought foe level was due to chamber difficulty only (I learn something new every day!).