Prisoner of the Vow – Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,267 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 13 September, 2021, 06:25 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Much to Hermione's dismay, Gareth Greengrass offers Harry a potentially deadly deal. But does the former member of The Unforgivable even intend to keep his end of the bargain?

Return Brilliant Foundables to the Brilliant Brilliant Whomping Willow Hillside during Part 2 of the Prisoner of the Vow, starting 6 September at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Azkaban Escapee Sirius Black - Wizarding Challenges
  • Hermione's Time-Turner - Tasks
  • Peter Pettigrew's Discarded Clothes - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Werewolf - Encounter
  • Brilliant Whomping Willow - Encounter

There also will be an increase of the Executioner and Buckbeak foundables.

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 September, 2021, 04:49 pm.

Infographics available!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #305 September, 2021, 01:01 am.

at least they remove the highest chamber tasks. i hope the problem would be resolved soon

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    #405 September, 2021, 01:29 am.

@Kodokmag not so fast! Finding buckbeak is hard to find when using TTD.

Good thinking they give easy task because next adveseries will be heavy dragon.

#505 September, 2021, 02:07 am.

@Yohanes12 yeah. agree for that. buckbeak is one of "difficult to catch" traces.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    #605 September, 2021, 10:16 am.

Buckbeak is boosted … what’s the problem?

#706 September, 2021, 06:43 pm.

brilliant womping willow threat level is an emergency? that harsh for new player isnt it

• DjeaDjea Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    edited September 6 #806 September, 2021, 07:02 pm.

@Kodokmag according to the event registry page, it is down to "high" level. The trace shows that the level is Emergency but I have not needed to use a potion so far.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #906 September, 2021, 07:55 pm.

@Djea @Kodokmag Brilliant Whomping Willow *is* coming up as "Emergency." I have dealt with a few today.

• RockylizardRockylizard Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    #1006 September, 2021, 08:58 pm.

The Whomping Willow being an Emergency level trace is not ideal for anyone. The thing is sucking energy and even potions trying to keep it from resisting and fleeing, and I'm speaking as someone who has all of those nodes maxed, and generally get a "Masterful" or at least a high "Great" on Aguamenti.

• chavenschavens Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited September 7 #1307 September, 2021, 01:16 am.
    @Gervase walking is good. I’d generally recommend it for overall health! 😊 Although, in all candidity, I also did not follow this dogma on this day...

From a programming perspective, I’d imagine it might be helpful to incorporate actual data into your feedback.. Personally, after using my 1st - & only - tonic for trace detection (which, sidenote, had to purchase because **Erumpent Horns** are nowhere to be found) I encountered 7 Werewolves & 10 Whomping Willows 🤷‍♂️

@DrStrainge (& everyone else) - same problem with The Whomping Willow. Certainly, I take pride in my wizarding skillz & enjoy a good challenge (I even have my very own real-world Elder wand 🤓) … The flee rate definitely has been reduced relative to The [normal] Whomping Willow which makes me think that leaving it as an emergency-level trace was intentional. Maybe reducing the trace threat level to severe would be more reasonable - especially with how incredibly hard you’d have to work to not be able to return the Werewolf event trace.

With regards to overall casting mechanics, in addition to overall “Spell Mastery”, casting a masterful on your very first trace cast will most certainly increase your chances of returning the trace (relative to subsequent casts). Honestly, not entirely sure if this is a progressive trend (in terms of decreasing likelihood of returning the trace).
  • BartemiusHoochBartemiusHooch Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #1407 September, 2021, 01:26 am.

Has anyone split the brilliant werewolf to get any more of them? All I’ve been getting is random others.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #1507 September, 2021, 03:02 am.

@chavens I'm having the same problem finding erumpet horns- nowhere to be found here, either.

As for the Ministry Executioner, he was all around during the first task and non existent now that I'm on task 2 and need him.

#1707 September, 2021, 03:46 am.

@CeruleanGirl i'm lucky-er than you then, i found 1 so far. Yay

• UnluckyHydraUnluckyHydra Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #1807 September, 2021, 04:22 am.

Did they forget a zero when entering the data for first time collected bonus? It only gave 50 xp while I had an BBE on. It didn't even double that bonus like it normally does. Normally 250 xp bonus without and 500 xp bonus with a BBE.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    #2007 September, 2021, 07:01 am.

Regarding the Whomping Willow: Actually, I have the impression that they are not harder to return than the regular "High" BE traces, which surprised me. This morning I didn't use EPs, but in most cases I returned the WWs after the first cast. Yes, I had one that needed like 5 casts, but that's kind of the ususal annoyances with the system. Anyways, the return rate for me is clearly higher than the threat meter indicates... ...which in turn means that this is programmed even more weirdly than we knew so far.

@DrStrainge: The cast quality has hardly any effect on the return rate. Sure, the more green the color the rating ends on, the higher the rate, but for most foundables the range in the threat meter is quite narrow; like, the success rate for the best possible and the worst possible cast is hardly different (e.g. it might range from 20% to 30%). Note that the color bar does not match with what you'd expect: A light green still means that you have only about a 30% chance of success.

Re Ministry Excecutioneer: Yeah, I was walking around a high spawn area for 45 minutes with a TfTD on and found three... Yay! I reeeeally would love to know how long they planned these tasks to take. Also, why does the task say that we need to defeat the Executioneer, when in fact we need to free him?

@CeruleanGirl: I'm pretty sure that it is in fact boosted. Only, as ever "boosted" here means that the spawn rate was probably increased from like 1.5% to 3% or something like that.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    #2107 September, 2021, 11:41 am.

@chavens & @enTrained : I occasionally find erumpent horn on the ground, but mostly I find it when I open portkeys.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    #2207 September, 2021, 12:25 pm.

Anyone else having issues with the willow appearing. Almost 1-day and I have only encountered 1 even with TTD. Lots of werewolves and dementors?!?

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #2307 September, 2021, 12:36 pm.

@C4tmonster It took me several hours plus a TTD to find the whomping willows. They also required exstimulos to return.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    #2407 September, 2021, 01:01 pm.

2 TTDs down, and a total of 4 willows, 1 from prior TTD, and 3 from the last one.... During the last TTD, 11 werewolves, 3 willows, and 3 dementors. It's going to take a while and a lot of TTDs to get through task 1.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #2507 September, 2021, 02:03 pm.

Willows were hard for me to find at first and very difficult to capture. I used several EP to ensure I got the 12, but eventually found 21 in about an hour of waking. It can be done without EP, but it has been rare for me to capture on first cast. Sometimes as many as five casts, if it doesn't disappear.

Haven't found many executioners, but it hasn't even been 24 hours yet and we have several days. If I get one page a day, I'll have plenty of time to get bonus done too.

I've used 3 TFTD since event started. That has really helped.

• SebastianKaniSebastianKani Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #2707 September, 2021, 04:23 pm.

@HalloMami That sounds nice. My WW are taking an average of 4 casts to return, and I've had 6 out of 20 run away, two of them with potions on.

• ShftyEyedGoatShftyEyedGoat Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2807 September, 2021, 04:43 pm.

Is something wrong with this event? I'm encountering many Brilliant Whomping Willow's that are nearly impossible to beat without a potion. I just hit one with 4 masterful casts in a row and finally the fourth one got it. I've had others this difficult to so it's not a one time instance. I'm a level 55 maxed out Magizoologist, if it's that hard for me how difficult must it be for newcomers to the game?