Why are all the Wizarding challenge chambers always empty?

HuffleMrsHuffleMrs Posts: 7 ✭✭
in New Players #1 latest comment 03 September, 2021, 02:56 pm.

I'm a newer player and it's so frustrating because I have unlocked about half of the chambers and I've had to do that all by myself. No matter what time I play day or night there's never any people in any of the chambers and I don't understand why. Can only your friends play with you? Does it depend on where you live? When I finally do go into a chamber every once in a grey Moon like maybe once every 25 challenges one other person will pop up. And half the time they leave me I'm assuming because the fact that my score is low and I'm new :-( it makes it a very lonely game.

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #302 September, 2021, 09:15 pm.

knight bus is like a hotel on an apocalyptic world, and chambers are like hotel floors.

if you want to find someone you have to knock every door for each floor

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #402 September, 2021, 09:26 pm.

there arent many players left, new-er players even fewer, id say if you want to get to do any consistent/'real' fortress play find yourself a knight bus discord server, searching for random team(s) is non feasible for long-term rank up/red book acquisition.

• HuffleMrsHuffleMrs Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #503 September, 2021, 01:53 am.

Thanks for all your replies! I just found it odd that with a game that seems to be pretty popular and has a lot of reviews and downloads would have at least one person in One chamber! But I appreciate all of your input. Hopefully I can find a team soon so we can all go in around the same time everyday and fight out some battles!

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    #603 September, 2021, 10:25 am.

There isn't really much incentive in this game to play any chamber higher than Ruins I, other than event related tasks.

And then the event related tasks are terrible for newer players that have the required chambers not unlocked yet or can't find any players in their "highest unlocked chamber" unless they are at Dark V. Awesome design.

Options are either:

• Join one of the Discord servers Drakonite was mentioning.
    • Wait for events that require people playing in specific chambers and unlock those this way .
    • Level up your profession (yay, **** low chambers), stack up on potions and then unlock them solo. That should work at least up to DI, for anything after that you need a ton of potions and/or luck with what foes are thrown at you.

Option 2 and 3 will take quite a while...

The game might have a high number of downloads as there was originally a hype about it, but most players left within a months after release, so number of downloads isn't a good indicator for a its popularity...

• DjeaDjea Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    #703 September, 2021, 12:19 pm.

I play the Knight Bus alone most of the time. If I want people to join me, I just wait until 20 seconds before the timer ends, leave, and try again. Most of the time people will join me in the morning.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    #803 September, 2021, 02:56 pm.

@Drakonite it makes me sad to hear there aren’t so many players left. I wonder what the numbers were/are? And if that explains why Niantic has resorted to in-game ads?

The game is SO GOOD in so many ways… honestly the thing that seems like the biggest problem is what appears to be a general unresponsiveness of Niantic staff here on the discussion boards… I know there are moderators and they reply occasionally, but…

Argh. Frustrating. Such a good game. I’ll keep playing but… of course I’d prefer that the community be robust. Can’t have a robust community if tech glitches are making people leave and Niantic doesn’t give folks a reason to feel like they notice/care!