Ironbelly Adversaries Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 06 September, 2021, 01:31 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Ancient Ukrainian Ironbelly Adversaries are taking over the skies. Keep your wands and water at the ready.

From 3 September 11 a.m. PT – 6 September 11 a.m. PT, prepare to face the following:

• Increased sightings of Ironbelly Adversaries.
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen.
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 25%
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.
  • Players Level 4 to Level 14 will be able to access a special Baruffio’s Spotlight Event during this time.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    #402 September, 2021, 02:41 pm.

Looks like adveseries task is a big challenge, so make sure enough for EDM. (If you don't use EDM, you can exploration for more adveseries too.)

Remember, Ironbelly is very high defence, so make sure more stock potent and wit sharpening potion.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #502 September, 2021, 05:58 pm.

Yay for Adversaries Event! I have missed working on this event. @HPWUTeam may we have more granian hair on the map, please. I like using Exstimulo Potions on the second guards. Thank you very much!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2 #602 September, 2021, 09:10 pm.

its been ages since i saw adversaries on map. hope they all okay

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #703 September, 2021, 08:20 pm.

I don't seem to be collecting xp for adversary chains, only for challenges. I just did 3 adversaries, and no accumulation for the fifth requirement.

• Ladyhawk29Ladyhawk29 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited September 3 #1203 September, 2021, 11:35 pm.

I just got kicked out of a dark chamber and none of my wizard challenge xp is counting towards the event task. Thank you @hpwulola

Edit: I don't know why but now my wizard challenge xp is working

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1304 September, 2021, 12:43 am.

kick out from adversaries battle too, the resume battle thingy is not pop up when using EDM, but pop up twice with wild adversaries

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    #1404 September, 2021, 05:27 am.

@Kodokmag if you have smartphone old version, you get kicked out adveseries. So get new smartphone version if you want (someone have case crash adveseries because a old update version.)

• chavenschavens Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #1504 September, 2021, 07:08 am.

@AltarielValice .. Sweet graphic/layout from you and WBN. Just wanted to give some unsolicited feedback, which is that it’s a bit challenging to practically use with it being spread across 4 pages. Might be possible to condense into 1 or 2 pages? Not sure if this is normally how they are! Admittedly, not too great with forum’nizing so this is the first one that I’ve seen! Thanks for the work/initiative in putting these together!

• SteeleIsleSteeleIsle Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1604 September, 2021, 07:37 am.

Dark Chamber task is not working correctly. Third time kicked out. May as well forget about this event.

• chavenschavens Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #1704 September, 2021, 08:10 am.

@hpwulola & @HPWUTeam fun event as always!

Just wanted to give some feedback on the bonus awards for adversary events, which is that they generally feel fairly underwhelming/disappointing and thusly make participating in these events de-motivational.

At level 60, I don’t pay too much attention to XP.. So excluding that - 100 coins, 60 spell energy, and 10 DADA books is virtually not noticeable. The most valuable bonus award arguably would be the 10 DADA Books; but by comparison, it takes 1,150 DADA Books to master the Advanced Adversarial Combat Lesson for *each* profession. You also get significantly more DADA Books by placing adversary images in the challenge registry (up to a maximum of 42 DADA Books if the page is fully prestiged to gold).

One possible solution might be to always have an exclusive title or achievement badge included as a bonus reward. Personally, getting these is one of my favorite parts of the game & would make me much more motivated to finish the event and/or bonus assignment. I suspect that would be the case for quite a few other SOS Task Force Members as well ;-)!

Thanks in advanced for taking the time to read/consider my feedback and for making a great game!

• twoAwkLinestwoAwkLines Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #2004 September, 2021, 11:27 am.

YOU ARE A GENIUS @Kodokmag !

Give a medal to this Wizard.

I just started a Dark Chamber V totally alone(*), with my less precious rune stone, waited 10 minutes and ... yeah !

Counter moved to 1/2 and 2/2. Thanks a lot for hint (I haven't notice complete, still thinking about win)

(*) I hate who join a chamber without fighting so I started totally alone ;)

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #2104 September, 2021, 02:16 pm.

When Adversary events were new, it was clear that an EDM did not boost the target Adversary. The last few were much better. I used two EDM this event and had zero Ironbelly. I did get three Pettigrew out of the six , so thinking something might be broken with EDM spawns.

Good news though is there seem to be plenty Ironbelly in the wild. If you can get outside to a moderate to high spawn area, you will have no trouble.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    #2204 September, 2021, 03:09 pm.

@Kodokmag and @twoAwkLines I just tried sitting out Dark 1. While it counted towards the daily task, my dark chamber counter for the event didn’t budge. I’m still at 2/4.

• twoAwkLinestwoAwkLines Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited September 4 #2304 September, 2021, 03:29 pm.

It worked for me on bonus page (the second, with four tasks, not the first one) @Rumpelstilzkin

Not tried myself with first one, sorry :(

Anyway info graphics say "complete" on first page but "win" on second page, fortunately in game requirement are both "complete" so I can get rewards.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    #2404 September, 2021, 04:11 pm.

I went back to battling. For what it’s worth: 4 solo Dark 1, zero crashes, one Dark 1 and one Dark 5 with groups, 3 crashes. Yes, one of the chambers I did with a group crashed twice. The first crash returned me to the chamber, but then on the last foe it crashed for good.

It’s a small sample space, but maybe solo fortresses are less buggy. Or maybe they fixed it since yesterday.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #2504 September, 2021, 05:05 pm.

Hey @chavens !

Thank you for the feedback. The Infographics are created by James XpectoGO who is a member of the NDA. I receive these from him to spread through a large number communities to help out.

I'm not sure why the layout is as it is as I'm not an NDA. But it's style remained this way as in the past with Orange Wizard (another player who would do the graphics before James.)

At the current time, we are just holding the fort till Orange Wizard returns!

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #2604 September, 2021, 05:29 pm.

The xp from adversaries is not being credited to the "challenge and adversary xo".

First foe should give 250 xp. Higher for second foe and dragon. Completing a dragon foe gives single digit xp to the count.

Please reduce the xp required for this step, or FIX the count.

The rewards for this event are so low as to be not worth the trouble.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #2704 September, 2021, 08:45 pm.

@xxxlindy the task is for Challenge XP, not WXP … e.g., if you place challenge images on a gold frame you get 1200 CXP. Adversaries themselves aren’t a great way to complete that task, it’s like trying to complete it by only doing Ruins I battles.

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #2804 September, 2021, 09:58 pm.

Ugh!!! This event is a resource ****. I have completed all the events except gold collection. In the last 3 battles gold was not given as a reward. Now I have to do three more battles with very little spell energy or potions to try and complete.

• RadretiredRadretired Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #2904 September, 2021, 10:23 pm.

The gold is the last thing I need no is aggravatingly extremely rare!

• WinnieStillwellWinnieStillwell Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #3004 September, 2021, 10:28 pm.

Thanks @Kodokmag for the reminder about 'complete' vs 'win' for the highest chamber bonus task! This event has already been pretty resource heavy, so I was considering not finishing the bonus assignments. But with that task done I just need to get 3 more piles of gold to finish... I think I got at least 5 doing the 1st page assignments, but now they're not dropping so much.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #3104 September, 2021, 11:21 pm.

@hpwulola I just want to give you a heads up: in the bonus assignment, the last requirement " Defeat 4 Adversaries" counted all the fragments (4) collected in an adversary chain, not just the adversary (1).

The game frozed while I was in Dark Chamber I after I clicked on a werewolf. By the time I got back on the game I was back on the map. I was not worried about letting my teammates down because we were down to one opponents each with a few minutes left. I was pretty sure that they had time to finish their opponents and my last one, too. I have been lucky getting good teammates, so thank you very much. 😊

I have enjoyed this event so much. I'm going out to get more Spell Energy later when it is much cooler because I don't like just having 200 Spell energy to work with late at night. Thank you very much @HPWUTeam for another very enjoyable event.