Back to Hogwarts

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
edited August 30 in Announcements #1 latest comment 14 September, 2021, 06:09 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Pick out your new school books, pack your cauldron, and put name tags on all your robes. The Calamity is manifesting memories of school supply shopping at Diagon Alley and the first day back at Hogwarts. Celebrate the start of a new term by returning themed Foundables!

From 30 August 11 a.m. PT – 3 September 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased sightings of Hedwig, the Weasley Twins, Hogwarts House Students, Erklings and Pixies.
  • Increased sightings of the Quill of Acceptance and Book of Admittance.
  • Increased sightings of Foundables guarded by Dementors.
  • All Portkeys on the Map will reward the Platform 9 ¾ Sign.
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• cwolfpack3cwolfpack3 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #427 August, 2021, 08:18 pm.

Just testing, please pardon me, @hpwulola Lola. Sigyn has been unable to post here for a week. I'm trying to see if that is everyone or something with her account/access?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
    #527 August, 2021, 08:28 pm.

@cwolfpack3 Thanks for the test! I am looking into the forum issues.

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #627 August, 2021, 09:16 pm.

@cwolfpack3 , @hpwulola lot of other people complaining about being unable to login to the forum as well. There are posts on the WUW discord.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1028 August, 2021, 09:09 am.

wow, is this about practicing all spells?

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #1228 August, 2021, 12:36 pm.

OMG!! IT WORKED!!

@hpwulola I think I'm fixed!! Thank youu!!!!!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1428 August, 2021, 03:42 pm.

Agree 100%.

• ArataAokiArataAoki Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1828 August, 2021, 09:31 pm.

We have event after event so if i can't do one, i can do next. And not everyone have free weekends, so I'm happy with this.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #2030 August, 2021, 03:37 am.

Hi ! Here is the updated Infographic. Task 2 on Page 2 has been edited.

• Keebler16Keebler16 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2130 August, 2021, 04:01 am.

The portkeys would be way more appealing if I could get the game to register any mileage anymore. My portkeys are full and not registering distance at all, so I won't be able to make room.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #2230 August, 2021, 05:01 pm.

@Bubbabubbette and @Duckbeak206 I kinda disagree. I work on weekends - as do many people, and love having a weekday event. On the days I do work during an event, I walk around and play during my breaks. It's not that hard. I have seen complaints on here from people who work weekends about weekend only events. The @HPWUTeam can't please everybody all the time. And if we're not being challenged with great casts or dark chambers, then I'm bored. My biggest complaint about this game is that there are too many people on it who want it easy rather than challenging. Unless there's a specific event requirement, I can rarely find a fivesome who will play Dark V challenges. It's very disheartening, because that team play is what makes it fun.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 57 ✭✭
    #2330 August, 2021, 05:27 pm.

@VoiceMaster It's one thing to be challenged, but for me I also want a reasonable chance of eventually succeeding. I don't remember which event it was, but I ultimately gave up on completing it because one task was impossible for me. I do recall a lot of players putting in a request to have the task marked as complete; I didn't take that step.

A challenge is not fun if you don't have a prayer of succeeding.

• apm1117apm1117 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #2430 August, 2021, 06:26 pm.

The game keeps randomly crashing on me. I am attempting to use a TTD and I am stuck in an infinite restart, game crash loop. I cannot click on any foundables without the game crashing, as well as icons. Can you people please get your **** together and do some freakin beta testing before you release these awful events?

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    #2530 August, 2021, 07:07 pm.

Today all portkeys except for old event ones give a 9 3/4 platform sign. I got 4 from opening portmanteaus that I had walked off last week.

• NoPostSundaysNoPostSundays Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2630 August, 2021, 07:17 pm.

Are there special blue port keys for this event? 75 minutes in and ive only seen normal port keys on the map. Thanks!

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #2830 August, 2021, 08:17 pm.

@hpwulola and @Rumpelstilzkin thank you very much for the portkey information. I went for a walk this morning and could not find any special portkey.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    #2930 August, 2021, 08:24 pm.

@HPWULOLA That was confusing, thanks for the clarification!

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    #3030 August, 2021, 08:54 pm.

Also the 20 great Expecto Patronum casts in the third set of tasks have been replaced with 2 masterful casts of any kind. For me, that makes the task easier because I’m pretty good with Alohomora. It might not work to everybody’s advantage.

• NoPostSundaysNoPostSundays Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3130 August, 2021, 09:14 pm.

Do the port keys have to be opened during the event, or will they continue to reward sign fragments if they are picked up during the event but opened after the event has ended? Thanks!