Cannot enter game, network error

IvoryPaleIvoryPale Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 25 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 15 October, 2021, 06:32 pm.

Since hours I cannot enter the game anymore, out of the blue it started to give me a network error problem on the start loading screen. I cleared the cache, restarted my phone and de installed and reinstalled the app, nothing works, still the same error. Wether I am on wifi or not makes no difference. This is beyond frustrating in the middle of an event. I'm on android, Samsung Galaxy A51.

23 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• SprichlynSprichlyn Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #225 August, 2021, 02:51 pm.

I'm having similar issues with Challenges kicking me out - meaning I can't get Challenge XP to finish the event. I just deleted the app, and I don't plan on reinstalling. Thanks, Niantic, for taking the fun out of games. This, on top of various glitches that I've dealt with for over a year, not the least of which is a "connection lost" message EVERY TIME I OPEN THE APP, are the reason for my leaving. Goodbye @hpwulola....

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,636 mod
    #326 August, 2021, 11:22 am.

@IvoryPale I took a look at your account and see that you're able to access it now. Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

#426 August, 2021, 11:24 am.

Thank you for reaching out @Sprichlyn I've attempted a fix for the "Wireless network" error on your account. Please restart the app and try again. Let me know how it goes!

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    edited August 26 #526 August, 2021, 06:20 pm.

Hello @HPWUblue I have the same issue. Could you do the same on my account?

Thanks.

Edit: seems to have resolved by itself...

• HanshornsenHanshornsen Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #627 August, 2021, 07:00 am.

I have the same issue 😭 it won't let me access the game 😞 because it says network error and then I have to restart over and over.

#727 August, 2021, 10:50 am.

Thank you for the follow-up @TyrandausTravis I've removed your duplicate bug report. Let me know if you need help with anything else. Cheers!

edited August 27 #827 August, 2021, 10:52 am.

@Hanshornsen Thank you for reporting! I've attempted a fix on your account. Could you please restart the app and try to enter again?

• almalgalmalg Posts: 1
    #928 August, 2021, 10:44 pm.

I have the same issue. On Google pixel. Can someone look into this too please?

• HanshornsenHanshornsen Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1029 August, 2021, 08:56 am.

I have now tried to restart it 😅 but I still get the same message 😭

• LunaMuzyLunaMuzy Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #1130 August, 2021, 11:25 am.

****, guys. So it's the final hours of the Brilliant Event and I cant log in my account to finish the tasks. First, it stays in the logo Page, than loading and next I see the Restart message nonstop. Anyone can help me? Its have been tiresome to wait the team to fix ALL the bugs, but I was still able to play. In the meantime. Now, its impossible.

Thsnks

Luana

#1230 August, 2021, 11:38 am.

Hi @LunaMuzy I've attempted a fix on your account. However, if you are using a Samsung device and it has the Download Booster feature, please turn it off and try again. Go to your Device Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Disable Download Booster > Restart the phone.

• RelariannaRelarianna Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #1330 August, 2021, 11:42 am.

I am getting the same bug on a Samsung Galaxy S9 and A51. Download booster is not on.

#1430 August, 2021, 11:52 am.

Also only the S9 has the booster as an option. It is not a feature on a51. Used two different networks too

#1530 August, 2021, 12:23 pm.

@Relarianna I've attempted a fix on your account. Could you please restart the app now and try again?

#1630 August, 2021, 12:34 pm.

@Hanshornsen I've tried the fix one more time. Could you please restart and try again? Thank you for your patience!

#1730 August, 2021, 12:37 pm.

@almalg I've attempted a fix on your account as well. Please try again by restarting the app and let me know if it persists. Thank you!

#1830 August, 2021, 12:38 pm.

Same result on both phones even after reboot of the phones. I noticed that it isn't even getting to the screen that shows which account you are logging into @HPWUblue

#1930 August, 2021, 01:13 pm.

Looks like mine is fixed, thanks @HPWUblue

• Ashah02Ashah02 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2002 September, 2021, 08:06 am.

I was playing until yesterday afternoon and since last evening I have been unable to login into the app. The timer keeps on circling and nothing happens. It doesn’t show that it trying to login into my account. Network is fine. I have switched multiple networks and checked and it behaves the same in every network.

Additionally, until yesterday I was also facing issue with portkeys. It kept mentioning lost connection to wifi but wifi was working fine.

Also, I have not received any mystery foundable since ages now.

• Ashah02Ashah02 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2102 September, 2021, 08:13 am.

I have tried reinstalling the app. It has same behaviour.

• EnitrimEnitrim Posts: 0
    #2202 September, 2021, 11:15 am.

Each time I start the game I get the same error that asks me to restart and it is endless loop. I am attaching screenshot. Please help, I have not finished the challenge yet

• BGCountryGirlBGCountryGirl Posts: 1
    #2303 September, 2021, 02:51 am.

All day today I've been trying to get on and it just says Error has occurred with the wireless network please try again. I have force stopped the app and cleared cache. In reading the forums this is not an isolated issue.

#2403 September, 2021, 07:29 am.

Hi @Ashah02 @Enitrim I took a look at your accounts and looks like you're both able to log in again. @BGCountryGirl I've attempted a fix on your account. Please restart the app and let me know how it goes!

• IvyJavaIvyJava Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2504 September, 2021, 02:36 am.

I wasn't able to log in this am, but I can now. I cannot, however access the tasks button. It's white and when I tap it I get a black screen. My AS is still not functional since the 2.18 update, but now I can't complete any tasks at all.

• Camhanaich77Camhanaich77 Posts: 1
    #2604 September, 2021, 02:52 pm.

I’m having the same issue. It was working fine earlier this morning, but just now I logged in and it said GPS not connected. Went to my settings and it’s on Allow which it always has been. Went back to the game and now I’m in the loop if having to restart every time I try to login.

• emtoshemtosh Posts: 1
    #2705 September, 2021, 01:56 pm.

I have the same issue on my iPhone 11. Can someone look into this too please!?

• MarciugaliMarciugali Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2806 September, 2021, 12:44 pm.

I keep getting the same message when I try to login to the game error has occurred with your wireless network. I will try to login on my iPad I have tried to do it using my cellular service I have tried to do it on two different Internet networks and I still can’t get it this is my going on for about five hours!

• TheMissReedusTheMissReedus Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2906 September, 2021, 12:51 pm.

I’m getting the same thing. It’s beyond frustrating. I’ve restarted my phone and even uninstalled the app. I took the whole day off to play put $50 on my account and now I’m locked out I e wasted an hour already today

• VctrKrmVctrKrm Posts: 0
    #3006 September, 2021, 01:26 pm.

Haven’t been able to login all day. It’s been going on for about 4 hours. It gets to loading screen. Loads half way. And then pops up with error message. I have tried about 50 times. And worries I will lose the daily login and task.

• AkkkkkiiiAkkkkkiii Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3106 September, 2021, 01:26 pm.

This screen is coming continuously, I have restarted my network, restarted my app 10 times and even restarted my phone.