Life in the Twin Cities red zone.

OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 25 in Community Stories #1 latest comment 27 August, 2021, 01:52 am.

This thread is to share thoughts and comments from the Minneapolis St. Paul area. Suffering from the loss of 4,100+ Pois over over 8 months. I'm sharing these stories from our local discord.

Post edited by Owlx on

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #225 August, 2021, 12:39 am.

From @LadyWestmarch

our morning walk had 4 greenhouses, 6 inns, and a fortress with another fortress 2blocks outside our loop. There are 2 other city parks within a half mile which have lost at least 6,maybe 10 POIs between them. 

There nearest POIs are a mile plus away which means we need to carve out time to drive somewhere like MOA to collect gifts to exchange and to participate in events. During covid lockdowns where public spaces like malls have reduced access, it makes the game a job not recreation. I'm tired of this and playing less and less.

#325 August, 2021, 12:41 am.

From @MainMan02

I just spent a couple hours playing HPWU and am more irritated than ever. Somehow, the 1920s event (which is ridiculously buggy and incredibly irritating because new encounters are only available with an opened portkey) coinciding with the 8-month anniversary of our missing POI has me more aggravated than normal. Of course, it does not help that I “play” in Como Park and am reminded with every step that our POI are gone, spawns are down, and it would seem that even portmanteau can be scarce (in my finally km of walking, I think I saw/found one 1920s portmanteau even though I had seven open spots). I also think that given how much energy had been put into documenting things (and your incredible efforts @Owlx / Maegan to ensure that no one forgets our issue) that it is unconscionable that we still have none of the POI back. Anyway, I hope the post will help.

#425 August, 2021, 12:46 am.

From @CliftonMcNish

The nearest greenhouse/Inn now is 10+ miles away. I have to plan a special trip to finish certain tasks for events. I used to be able to walk right outside and access an inn, and then a quick 5 minute walk around my apartment complex and I would hit three more inns and one greenhouse. It is very discouraging to continue to be ignored by Niantic, and I’ve nearly lost all enthusiasm for the game.. I still have spawns. I’ve mostly been able to play, and at the very least complete my daily tasks, but often that’s all I do.

#525 August, 2021, 12:49 am.

From @spider980

There are a lot fewer spawns in the neighborhood, especially during events. I could not find any red dragon eggs to complete my page even though I first went west to a place that had three inns and two greenhouses in the past and then went east along a road that had four inns and a green house in the past. It seems that some missing POIs still have spawns and others don't.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #625 August, 2021, 05:49 am.

@hpwulola Is it possible to get an update on the team’s plan for rectifying/resolving this issue please?

#726 August, 2021, 03:57 am.

One of many before and after screenshots

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #826 August, 2021, 05:58 pm.

WHY is this still not fixed??? It's beyond ridiculous. @hpwulola

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #927 August, 2021, 01:52 am.

Enough is enough. We've put up with a myriad of bugs. We never know if they'll be fixed, ignored, or made worse. We've put up with a general lack of communication from the team, waiting for those rare moments when we actually get an update on any of the bugs in the game.

The lack of action and/or communication on this situation speaks volumes about how the HPWU team regards its players (customers). The fact that this issue still exists after all these months yet has been addressed so little by the team is unconscionable.

I live nowhere near the twin cities, but the lack of attention to fixing this problem is the last straw for me. I'm quitting HPWU in disgust with the way these dedicated players have been mistreated and ignored.

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam I don't expect anyone to worry much over my departure. But please take a minute to consider how much it took to drive away a dedicated day 1 player. Please push the team to fix the twin cities before you lose many more formerly dedicated players.