How long is this going to continue?

OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 25 August, 2021, 10:04 pm.

4.1K POIs (Inns, Greenhouses and Fortresses) have been missing in Minneapolis and St.Paul since 12/17/2020.

How long before this is fixed?

@HPWUblue

@hpwulola

@HPWUrobert

Anyone?

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #224 August, 2021, 07:25 pm.

Getting SE in the Twin Cities is even harder now that SE gifts freeze the game.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #325 August, 2021, 01:57 am.

meanwhile, could the poi's be re-submit?

pois is crowd data gathering isnt it, and community player have control over this.

i mean 5 star-ing the re-submit pois should be fast is everyone (local players) is united (one voice)

edited August 25 #425 August, 2021, 02:16 am.

@Kodokmag they still exist in POGO & Ingress. Also the developers have done a few tested manually restored a few back in February 2021 only to have them disappear during the daily sync.

I also don't know how wayspots and wayfarer in POGO works. As I understand it Niantic is having an issue with "correcting" wayspots and has that feature frozen. @Drakonite and @cosk62 could this work or be worth trying?

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    #525 August, 2021, 02:23 am.

@Owlx wayspot move feature has been reenabled awhile ago.

I doubt resubmitting would help. All reviewers are PoGO or Ingress players, they don't know about this HP:WU issue. They will just see that the wayspot already exist and reject it as a duplicate.

#625 August, 2021, 02:39 am.

@cosk62

We have a few big POGO players that may be able to let the other game communities know. However "moving" 4,100+ points is a huge tasks, especially if it has to go thru approval. Then there is the sync issue. One of our players did put our issue on the wayfarer forum.

I don't know if there have been been any new (after 12/17/2020) wayspots added to POGO that showed up in WU, in the red zone.

I just made level 38 in POGO but have no idea how to submit. Work is too much of a train wreck right now to take it on.

#725 August, 2021, 03:59 am.

so re-submit is a no go. and plea to dev/publisher side seems gone to another universe

is there a new POI in the red zone appear in WU?

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #825 August, 2021, 09:53 am.

@Kodokmag the issue, as i understand it, is that for reasons unknown the daily poi sync from ingress/wayfarer obliterates -all- the pois in the red areas in the crowdsourced map. At some point in Jan.- Feb. the devs tried to test-manually-add 2-3 pois which worked until next day's sync. which removed them again. They tried again and they were re-removed. There's a much bigger issue at work there I think than 'just' re-submitting pois. What I dont understand is why arent the devs or whoever is in charge not terrified poopless. If this happened once it can happen again. Can you imagine a whole country or a whole continent getting this bug? The whole of Uk all pois vanished, or the whole of Asia/europe/continental americas....no pois...why arent they scared enough to fix it?!

#925 August, 2021, 11:55 am.

@Drakonite yeah thats terrifying. and looks like really similar case happened in japan.

something about post office POI not coming back live?

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25 #1025 August, 2021, 09:51 pm.

@Kodokmag there's a similar case in japan? is it posted someplace like reddit?

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    #1125 August, 2021, 10:04 pm.

@Drakonite it could be this - https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/15789/issue-with-japan-post-sponsored-inns-fortress

At a first glance it looks like a different bug - sponsored POI disappeared as sponsorship ended, but the non-sp0nsored POI that should be there did not show up.

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    #1225 August, 2021, 10:16 pm.

This might be a wayfarer issue for all we know, but just specific to WU, would it be worth anyone’s time to post about it there? Also, the review process in some cities absolutely suck so as some have said resubmitting the POI would be to no avail.