Prisoner of the Vow – Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 30 August, 2021, 06:07 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Harry and Hermione continue restoring Ron's memories with a surge themed around their third year. Meanwhile, Gareth Greengrass refuses to divulge The Unforgivable's secrets. What will it take to get him to talk?

Return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Three Broomsticks Storefront during Part 1 of the Prisoner of the Vow Brilliant Event, starting 23 August at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Madam Rosmerta - Wizarding Challenges
  • Three Broomsticks Sign - Tasks
  • Honeydukes Chocolate - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Dementor - Encounter
  • Brilliant Wanted Poster of Sirius Black - Encounter

Prepare to say ‘Riddikulus’ as there will also be an increase of Foundables guarded by Boggarts. 

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• Baggy001Baggy001 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #523 August, 2021, 12:18 am.

I expect to find the provided breakdown very helpful, detailing how players will find event specific items. I do have one question, if I may. I think it is the third item on the list that notated the item found ' - TASK', please elaborate. I understand Wizarding Challenges and Foundables from general map play but Task? Does this mean the item is listed as a reward for completing a specific task?

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #723 August, 2021, 06:13 am.

@Baggy001 the Three Broomstick sign is a reward for task 4. The Honeydukes Chocolate is a reward for the Bonus assignment and from brilliant portkeys.

• Z3nGurlZ3nGurl Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #823 August, 2021, 07:50 am.

It's been a long time not seeing the granian hair ingredient on the map. Please "sprinkle" granian hair on the map. Thanks HPWU team.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #923 August, 2021, 06:57 pm.

Is it just me, or do you feel sad that Ron’s memories are being restored so slowly and from so long ago. It it were my spouse and best friend, I’d want him to first recover recent memories.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1123 August, 2021, 07:34 pm.

the dementor hopefully for lethal adversary, maybe?

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited August 23 #1223 August, 2021, 08:43 pm.

Almost 4 hours into this even - not ONE siruis foundable has appeared - plenty of dementors but nothing else..... great way to start with a later stage foundable (oddity) being the only one appearing....

Also, no fix to portkeys - so get ready to have to walk everywhere with your phone out and on to gain mileage to open portkeys.

Has it been designed this way - to force slowness - as if you catch over 7, you will need to get 12 for stage2, forcing runestones to be collected early (runestones pushed to stage3 for this event)?!?!

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited August 23 #1323 August, 2021, 09:05 pm.

On 3/4 trying to defeat the 15 foes in challenges, I was constantly kicked out and subsequently defeated only two foes (the second one with just a few seconds left). I was playing Tower I solo via Knight Bus, I defeated the first foe. The second and third foes allowed me to get at best one attack in, then it kicked me back to the start. It still showed me as still being engaged with the foe for several seconds before releasing it so I could try again. Time ran out before I could complete the final one. This better not be going on when it comes time for the Bonus when having to do the highest chamber. I will not accept being kicked out of a battle especially when there are teammates depending on my participation.

This **** has been going on with the last several Knight Bus tasks during the events. I've experienced this as have many others. And it's the type of thing that will drive more people to walk away from the game.

• Greendragon9Greendragon9 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1423 August, 2021, 09:44 pm.

Ugh. I've been kicked out of 'highest chamber' twice, halfway through the battle, and I can't get back in. Others have left mid-battle. How can we finish against 25 opponents alone? Ridiculous.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    #1523 August, 2021, 11:10 pm.

0/15 for great Riddikulus. Everything else is done. Does anybody know if we have a friendly bug again and other great casts will count?

• MinchirMinchir Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1624 August, 2021, 12:09 am.

The boggart/Riddikulus spawns don’t appear to be amplified - 2 TTDs and I only got 5 or 6 spawns total, and none in the wild. Luckily a few of them took more than one attempt to catch but I thought that those would (should) appear more frequently.

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #1724 August, 2021, 12:59 am.

The honeyduke chocolate and it’s fragment count is misplaced on the page.

• BubbabubbetteBubbabubbette Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1824 August, 2021, 02:24 am.

Info graphic is currently incorrect for the bonus tasks. Only regular exstimulo potions counted. The strong and potents used in Dark V didn’t count

infographic says (any)

#1924 August, 2021, 02:55 am.

@PkmnTrainerJ and @VoiceMaster , you have to consider that Ron’s school years were not like other people’s. Finding the philosopher’s stone must be more memorable than doing the accounts for Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.

#2024 August, 2021, 03:03 am.

i think ron school memory is amazing than this recent memory.

imagine he wakes up and surprise with red dot madnes filling his room....

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    #2124 August, 2021, 03:10 am.

@Kodokmag this is a episode for Harry Potter : The Prisoner of Azkaban. Looks like he's trying to restore memory on Hogwards too.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2224 August, 2021, 04:04 am.

@hpwulola the new oddity is messed up, the spell shape is way too small and at the bottom of the screem, completely messed up!!! its supposed to be large and in the middle of the screen.

#2324 August, 2021, 06:46 am.

i'm more concern about the dementor battle mechanic.

i mean, i'm imagine dementor battle would be sucking stamina (stamina drain per second?) and we have to tap frantically to push it off before our turn to attack again.

that kind of attack will be differently refreshing isnt it.

welp, that maybe too hard for WU programer.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2524 August, 2021, 08:05 am.

@Rumpelstilzkin I’m not sure about any “friendly bugs”, only Riddikulus foundable casts worked for me.

Top tip for those struggling with the “12 Great Riddikulus” task: pop a TTD, hope for a red-beamed Riddikulus foundable; pop a Trace Charm; and don’t use any potions. With a bit of luck, it’ll take quite a few casts before you either return the foundable / it departs.

I found speed over accuracy worked best for me.

Best of luck everybody!

#2624 August, 2021, 05:17 pm.

@Dewin99 I didn’t get any credit for other great casts, either, but I eventually got it done. Ofc, now that I don’t need it , I seem to cast a great Riddikulus most of the time.

Heads up: “9 Exstimuolo” only means the regular ones.

• PetrificusMPPetrificusMP Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2724 August, 2021, 05:59 pm.

There’s a fault with the bonus tasks. None of the exstimulo positions are registering so I can’t finish the task or the event. Really frustrating!

• BigDaddyRustBigDaddyRust Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #2824 August, 2021, 06:30 pm.

The number of exstimuo potions needed in the Bonus task just dropped to three. So they are changing the parameters of the tasks during the event. Are we now playing Harry Potter: Kobyashu Maru?

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #2924 August, 2021, 06:31 pm.

@PetrificusMP only the basic Exstimulos are counting. They’ve updated the task to only require 3 now.

#3024 August, 2021, 06:35 pm.

Now if they can drop the number of boggarts I’ll be happy.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #3124 August, 2021, 07:01 pm.

25 boggarts over a week is too many?