August Community Day

2»

Comments

• CheekyNifflerCheekyNiffler Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #3221 August, 2021, 09:13 pm.

12 wizard challenges in different level Chambers, some above Forest IV, but absolutely no skiving snackboxes! Used up a load of potions and spell energy for nothing! At least give us an update or a true account of what we need to do to complete the event Devs!

• BramblePipBramblePip Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #3321 August, 2021, 10:25 pm.

Well that was tedious. I don't want to give up an entire day to complete the tasks required. 20 of this 20 of that then they're hard to find and extra hard to catch and the rewards are pitiful. You are losing people with these tasks. Every time I get a day like this I lose a bit more interest. I don't bother with most of the challenges now and the gaps between days playing get longer. It's supposed to be fun. Oh and you're not going to get me to watch adverts for an abraxan hair - you want people to watch give them DADA books or portkey keys.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #3421 August, 2021, 11:56 pm.

Not a huge fan of this event, but had fun anyway. Still need one Puking P, but that's it and I still have a few hours left, so should be good.

Played off and on in short sessions throughout the day and didn't feel it was at all tedious. Nice way to follow the 1920s event.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    #3522 August, 2021, 10:06 am.

This Community Day special assignment is a lot of work but I completed it in half a day. I continued playing for the ministry manuals and enjoyment. Thank you very much @HPWUTeam for the event and for reducing the brewing time for the Tonic for Trace Detection. Once I realized it, I planted and harvested baneberries to brew as much Tonics as I can.

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #3622 August, 2021, 11:24 am.

Failed for one Weasley twin. ☹️ Last TTD only yielded one, managed to double it with trace charm but wasn't enough in the end.

On the contrary I saw at least a dozen flying cars, so they were definitely boosted.

I don't mind not finishing, the rewards were weak but **** those silver keys right after the 1920 event...

• caitie68caitie68 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #3723 August, 2021, 08:31 am.

Annoying to not know until I tried it that the tonic for trace detection was only taking one hour to brew and so with 50% master notes, was down to half an hour. It is amazing that years into this we still don't get clear, accurate, timely communication.

The whole 'if you get a fragment from this runestone it'll be this, but you're only guaranteed a fragment (of whichever kind/s your runestone gives) if you're in a certain chamber or above' message confuses people every time, you'd think they'd have had someone sit down and figure out a simple clear way to communicate it by now. And if no-one had that skill of clear simple technical communication than maybe it's time to employ someone who does.

Calling the same thing by different names in different places, also drives me nuts. Calling the "Weasley's Flying Car" foundable from the registry, the Ford Anglia in the event, is pretty minor in itself, but maddening in the context of there being gift boosters I've bought in the SOS training where I've had no idea what I was buying because the potion is mis-named in the training.