Unhappy 8 month anniversary in the Twin Cities

OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 17 in Community Stories #1 latest comment 15 September, 2021, 01:38 am.

4.1K Missing Niantic POIs in Minneapolis and St. Paul Minnesota!

December 17, 2020, a calamity struck players of Niantic and Warner Brothers- Harry Potter Wizards Unite game.  A total of 4.1K (as in thousand) wayspots or points of interest disappeared from the in-game map.  The POIs that disappeared were inns, greenhouses, and fortresses.  

Minneapolis and St. Paul are known together as the Twin Cities and have a combined square mileage of 6364 and a population of 668,000 people.  Not a small area.  

All the missing POIs have a few things in common,  they all disappeared on December 17, 2020, they are all within the city limits of Minneapolis or St. Paul, and they all still exist in both Ingress and Pokemon Go.  

A large local HPWU discord group has a channel dedicated to this issue.

This has been a huge issue for us in the Twin Cities area.  It has been going on for 8 months

The traces or spawns are decreasing greatly as there are no players with Spell Energy (SE) to return them.  

The game developers know about and have tried unsuccessfully to restore the in-game map points. 

Why and how is this an acceptable way for Niantic or Warner Brothers to run their business?

If this were in Pokemon Go, how long would the fix have taken?

Can you imagine if this was your gameplay area? 

If it can happen here, it could happen anywhere worldwide. Please help Twin City witches and wizards get media attention to find a resolution to this issue.

@HPWUblue @HPWUakshay @HPWUasim @HPWUaustin @HPWUFazes @HPWUFans @HPWUFiona @HPWUFumi

@hpwulola @HPWUgeorge @HPWUhilda @HPWUHiroko @HPWUkei @HPWUKrystal @HPWUmac @HPWUMakiko

@HPWUrobert @HPWUTeam @HPWUModEN @HPWUModJP @HPWUpooja @HPWURiver

@HPWUAndres

@HPWUcasey

@HPWUArcosu

Post edited by Owlx on

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #218 August, 2021, 10:14 pm.

Red areas are missing ALL POIs and have

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #307 September, 2021, 05:24 pm.

And the 9 month anniversary of this is in 10 days. Any word?

@HPWUblue @hpwulola

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #407 September, 2021, 06:05 pm.

is make an online petition will work?

at least an explanation of what happened and what will to do to resolved, isnt it

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    #507 September, 2021, 07:29 pm.

This is so bizarre! Why would all the POIs just disappear? Has Niantic not been able to even give an explanation? And how bizarre that it’s only this game, and not Niantic’s other games too (if I’m reading that part right).

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    #608 September, 2021, 11:21 am.

I’ve seen posts on various sites asking whether this is a HPWU issue or a Wayfarer issue. I’m curious about all of it… sorry this is happening for folks in the Twin Cities! 😕

• TonwenTonwen Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #715 September, 2021, 01:38 am.

I played up to level 30 and stopped playing in 2019. I decided to start up again a few days ago and ran across this issue. I'm in St. Paul, and there isn't a single POI anywhere in the city. I have to go to Maplewood to be able to find anything. So, as I understand, this has been going on since December 2020 and no solution has been found. I have to admit, I am really disappointed. I had been thinking about coming back to the game for a while and have just been too busy. Now I'm wondering why I'm bothering.