Spotlight Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
edited August 5 in Announcements #1 latest comment 17 August, 2021, 11:28 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Due to a delay in 2.18.1, the 1920’s Wizarding World Convergence Launch Event will be postponed to 18 August - 20 August. We will have more details for the event next week.

From 7 August 12:01 a.m. - 8 August 11:59 p.m. local time, we will be running a Spotlight Event.

• On Saturday, players will encounter a surge of Baby Beast foundables on the Map and via Tonic for Trace Detection.
  • On Sunday, players will see different Severe Traces boosted on the Map and via Tonic for Trace Detection.
  • Throughout the weekend, there will be an increase of Spell Energy found on the Map.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• RelariannaRelarianna Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #405 August, 2021, 07:10 pm.

Nice to see you decided not to have an event this weekend. I appreciate the time off. Always hated pokemon go spotlight events because of their uselessness and these two days match it. At least when it was emergency spotlight, you got useful stuff from it. Maybe it will give you time to rethink removing pandemic boosts and having a walking event when the Delta variant is causing huge numbers around the world. Personally it would be nice if pandemic changes became permanent as they make the game more fun and has been the main experience for most of the time the game has existed. Just a thought.

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #505 August, 2021, 08:11 pm.

@Relarianna Just a heads up - for now there has been no mention of pandemic bonuses being removed anytime soon, unlike Pokémon GO.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #605 August, 2021, 10:31 pm.

If you do want to discuss the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite bonuses due to the pandemic though, the three for that is below @Relarianna

It is worth noting that WB are more involved in this game than Niantic so complaining about Pokémon GO here will be falling on deaf ears (I mean, it will on Twitter and wherever else too 🤷)

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    #706 August, 2021, 12:05 am.

This is good idea for restock TTD, because i'm run out TTD adveseries.

@HarryPutter1234 looks like special bonus in Pokemon GO has been extended because this is a second wave for pandemic.

• zimbariazimbaria Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #806 August, 2021, 02:45 am.

This sounds like a good event! I hope the baby Phoenix foundable will also be boosted in the fortress Because that's the only one I need to prestige! Thanks for the alternate plan to the 1920s event!

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #906 August, 2021, 03:24 am.

Thanks Lola!

Spotlight Infographics:

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1006 August, 2021, 07:25 am.

Any chance of a boost in adversaries too? Even just a small boost?

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #1106 August, 2021, 11:38 am.
  • DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #1206 August, 2021, 11:38 am.

@HPWUTeam Are you going to boost the TfTD ingredients on the map? I have been just getting one set (per day) of bulbadox juice on the map. Thank you very much!

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    #1306 August, 2021, 01:40 pm.

@Djea not much more, we need more erupment horn on map because only one piece too. Bulbadox juice can be found in greenhouse.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #1406 August, 2021, 05:15 pm.

@Yohanes12 I have not gotten any bulbadox juice from the greenhouses either, not even with a greenhouse charm. And there's no seed for bulbadox juice (at least, I have not found any.) I have not seen any in the portkeys either. I have not seen such a dry spell for bulbadox juice... So strange...

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1510 August, 2021, 06:52 pm.

@Djea @Yohanes12 Weird! I just deleted over 20 of them because I find them constantly. I was just thinking this morning that it would be so nice if we could gift actual ingredients to other players. I have 58 Leaping Toadstools that I hate to delete but I’m not going to use them. I am at level 60 so I just keep about a dozen BBEs on hand for XP event tasks and a small amount of the other ingredients in case I run out or in case there is ever a task to brew a BBE, but I would love to be able to give those Toadstools away. I realize they are probably worried that people would monetize them if the ability to gift items were a feature but there must be some way around that.

• Sparkles613Sparkles613 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1616 August, 2021, 10:41 pm.

where are the bug fixes? My app crashes every time i open a gift of spell energy

• Sparkles613Sparkles613 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1716 August, 2021, 10:41 pm.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #1817 August, 2021, 10:24 pm.

Any reason that the notice for the 1920s event IN GAME has not been brought up to date?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1917 August, 2021, 11:28 pm.

@xxxlindy the reason would probably be awful quality control.