How far would you go to play HPWU?

OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 18 August, 2021, 01:58 pm.

Hi fellow Witches and Wizards,

What would you do if your entire map of POIs was gone? You have traces but NO Inns. No SE.

What there were no in game points in your home, work, play, or daily areas or travel routes.

Would you spend over an hour 1 way on public transit to go to areas with Inns, Greenhouses or fortresses?

Rely on friends to send you energy gifts?

This has been the "known" issue in Minnesota's Twin Cities since the December 17th update. Yes the same update that originally broke Adventure Sync.

Over 4.1K missing POIs. Yep you read that correctly ! That's is over 4100 THOUSAND missing points.

Comments

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #331 July, 2021, 03:52 pm.

id stop playing, uninstall and tell them to delete my acct, i play at a park abt 10mins walk from home w hundreds of spawns/pois, if i lost that i have no reason to play, i wont spend money on gas/time in public transport for this game.

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    #531 July, 2021, 05:41 pm.

I would immediately say bye-bye after a month, too many bugs, not too great communication, and that POI mishap means someone made an unacceptable mistake, whether it be accidentally clicking a button or not programming the Wayfaryer properly or something like that. I hope they try to solve the problem soon for you @Owlx or at the very least update you guys.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #631 July, 2021, 08:22 pm.

There's no question, I'd quit this game and find one that actually works.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17 #717 August, 2021, 02:37 pm.

Today is an unhappy anniversary we didn't want to reach in the Twin Cities Minnesota.

It has been 8 months since we lost 4.1K inns, greenhouses and fortress.

December 17, 2020, a calamity struck players of Niantic and Warner Brothers- Harry Potter Wizards Unite game.  A total of 4.1K (as in thousand) way spotsor points of interest disappeared from the in-game map.  The POIs that disappeared were inns, greenhouses, and fortresses.  

Minneapolis and St. Paul are known together as the Twin Cities and have a combined square mileage of 6364 and a population of 668,000 people.  Not a small area.  

All the missing POIs have a few things in common,  they all disappeared on December 17, 2020, they are all within the city limits of Minneapolis or St. Paul, and they all still exist in both Ingress and Pokemon Go.  

A large local HPWU discord group has a channel dedicated to this issue.

This has been a huge issue for us in the Twin Cities area.  It has been going on for 8 months

The traces or spawns are decreasing greatly as there are no players with Spell Energy (SE) to return them.  

The game developers know about and have tried unsuccessfully to restore the in-game map points. 

Why and how is this an acceptable way for Niantic or Warner Brothers to run their business?

If this were in Pokemon Go, how long would the fix have taken?

Can you imagine if this was your gameplay area? 

If it can happen here, it could happen anywhere worldwide. Please help Twin City witches and wizards get media attention to find a resolution to this issue.

@HPWUblue @HPWUakshay @HPWUasim @HPWUaustin @HPWUFazes @HPWUFans @HPWUFiona @HPWUFumi

@hpwulola @HPWUgeorge @HPWUhilda @HPWUHiroko @HPWUkei @HPWUKrystal @HPWUmac @HPWUMakiko

@HPWUrobert @HPWUTeam @HPWUModEN @HPWUModJP @HPWUpooja @HPWURiver

@HPWUAndres

@HPWUcasey

@HPWUArcosu

Post edited by Owlx on
    #818 August, 2021, 05:38 am.

WU. POGO

Same spot Same time

Just one of many examples of missing POIs

On going for 8 months today 8/17/2021

#918 August, 2021, 05:38 am.

6364 square miles missing 4.1K POIs

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    #1018 August, 2021, 11:52 am.

I'd stop playing. And if I'd live in an area where I'd have to walk more than 5 minutes to get to a significant number of Inns, I would have never picked this up, ever.

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #1118 August, 2021, 01:58 pm.

They picked up the game when there were 1000s of POI in the region. It just disappeared one day with no solution. We aren’t talking about a small town here. 6000 square miles is a large area.