2.18.0 Known Issues

Comments

• Katzi84Katzi84 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #12203 August, 2021, 03:38 pm.

Zur Info:

Bei mir hat die Abenteuersynchronisierung bis zum letzten Update vorige Woche noch problemlos funktioniert, obwohl ich Android 10 besitze!

Bin jetzt aber wirklich genervt! 😠

• ThatsMyQuillThatsMyQuill Posts: 1
    #12404 August, 2021, 02:09 am.

I have experienced all these issue. 😞

• WillowverdeWillowverde Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #12704 August, 2021, 04:53 am.

i see the gifts but cannot open them.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #12804 August, 2021, 10:30 am.

@hpwulola

Welchen Dienstag habt ihr gemeint?

• YnunlleYnunlle Posts: 1
    #12904 August, 2021, 12:14 pm.

Have issues with adversaries and knight bus fights. Expecially upon using estimulo potions. Loss runestones, encounters, wasted potions. 

Appreciate some assistance. Thanks.

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #13004 August, 2021, 12:15 pm.

I guess the main issues are mentioned above, but I’ve also noticed some minor (and not so minor) impacts.

• Foundable beam colors have been “fixed”, but some still have incorrect indication, like baby mooncalf and young Ron Weasley should be high/yellow, yet show as orange on the map.
    • i got kicked out of an adversary battle due to game crash and restart and got the pop-up to continue the encounter after restart. However this only happened for a “wild” adversary on the map. i had the same crash on an EDM adversary which I lost completely. As EDM are quite expensive, this is a major issue… (luckily during the adversary event I had plenty wild ones to compensate)
    • trace charm foundables don’t spawn, disappear after first encounter, and do not respawn after restart… it’s random so sometimes I get up to 4 three-headed dogs(8 fragments), and sometimes only 1 (1 or 2 fragments depending if I take the original one or the extra one that spawns)
    • definitely knight bus instability is a pain, especially when playing with friends. An invite feature would ease the pain, but still losing the runes, time and energy is tough.
    • the red dot for gifts when someone new sent you a gift is flickering together with the increased map loading times. It doesnt show until the map reloads then disappears again. When you visit the friend list the red dot disappears as expected, but upon the next gift received, again the red dot does kot show continuously.
    • spawn rate for dusk foundables is low… barely seeing leprechauns and serpents these last weeks (cant tell about dawn, its too early in the morning for me). It even seems the timeslot is not 2 hours but less
    • Charms not showing in knight bus when in battle. They only start showing when engaging the next foe. This makes it a bit more complicated to play. Luckily the charm benefits are applied correctly even if the icon doesnt show.

other than that, quite happy with the current event and extra fragment drops in dark chambers. And luckily the first tasks are about marauder fragments so using trace charm helped advancing more quickly.

• luna123moonluna123moon Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #13104 August, 2021, 01:43 pm.

This update is abysmal!! Nothig works!! Please reverse it (and/or don't change the project manager just before an event)!!

- when I'm in Wizarding challenges, one of the highest chambers, the app restarts when I have only one enemy left (and I've already used up a lot of potions and spell energy!!). This is so annoying! FIX THIS PLS.

- when someone sends me a spell energy gift and I try to open it, this breaks the whole app

- stop showing the messages in Porkeys all the time! If I've seen it once, that's enough.

- Assignments information disappears when I move between tabs

- the red dot in Social (which appears when someone sends me a gift) keeps disappearing

Dear Niantic, I won't mind charging you for Testing your app. Please contact me directly to agree the hourly rate.

• BlingyWeaselBlingyWeasel Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
    #13304 August, 2021, 02:00 pm.

• RelichunterRelichunter Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #13504 August, 2021, 04:11 pm.

I keep getting kicked out of Adversary battles and Wizarding Challenges. It has been happening both on my home wifi network and when I turn wifi off and go to data. This has happened before, but it was aways the first hour of an event and I attributed it to many people playing at once.

• Eaglesflight79Eaglesflight79 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #13604 August, 2021, 05:53 pm.

I'm down to 46 energy. I have 8 energy gifts that I can't open without freezing the game which means force closing and going back in. Please fix this!!

• Eaglesflight79Eaglesflight79 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #13704 August, 2021, 05:53 pm.

• WinabelWinabel Posts: 1
    #13804 August, 2021, 06:24 pm.

Three times in two days my fight with Peter Pettigrew was quit during the battle in the ongoing Adversaries task. Lot od energy spells and potions wasted for no apparent Reason. No error screen, no WiFi error, no idea why, it just threw me back to the map with no explanation.. 🤬

• Hufflegirl626Hufflegirl626 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #13904 August, 2021, 11:15 pm.

Hello, it's been days since I could complete my daily assignments because it's not tracking my steps. Not happy about not getting my daily trace charms! I haven't opened any portkeys, either. I'm excited about the 1920 event but only if this is fixed by then. Help!

• MikFossMikFoss Posts: 24 ✭✭✭
    #14004 August, 2021, 11:20 pm.

Well the Tuesday update didn't drop on Tuesday and it looks like it won't happen today either. Maybe someone from the WU team could let us know when we can expect it to show up?

• vaultcrashervaultcrasher Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #14104 August, 2021, 11:55 pm.

New glitch tonight. I tried to activate potions and the screen just went back to the adversary without activating the potions.

• MysticMedusaMysticMedusa Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #14305 August, 2021, 06:11 am.

Having issues with adversaries when one hit off beating them it gives an error saying game needs to restart. This isn't the first event I've had the problem with and its annoying the **** out of me

• DerringDerring Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #14405 August, 2021, 06:51 am.

Adventure sync for portkeys has not worked since the last update , so have been unable to finish the last quest and daily quests ,

• ShemageShemage Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #14505 August, 2021, 07:20 am.

Adventure sync is also not working on Android 7 Samsumg s7 and LG 7. Has not worked on Samsung since the previous update. Now with 2.18 it also does not work on LG. This is a major inpact to my game. Frustratung and annoying and extremely unfair.

• OcnilaOcnila Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #14605 August, 2021, 03:15 pm.

I don't see the issue I found that strong invigoration potion is only giving 1 focus

• HPfanInHPfanIn Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #14705 August, 2021, 04:35 pm.

Most of the below have already been mentioned, but adding my two cents worth

• More instances of black screen on launch, necessitating force close and reopen; screen flashing on returning to map after trace encounter or use of knight bus
    • Portkeys – thankfully distance registers, but glitches include advice from Constance, and pop-up about lost connectivity (even on home wi-fi), sometimes have issues of not being able to scroll to start a new/unopened one
    • Adversaries – kicked out of encounter with network error (on home wi-fi) on selection of multiple potions (though I was lucky enough to go back to the same foe)
    • Daily/Special Tasks button still glitchy, while moving between tabs
    • Beams – all over the place and impacting use of trace charm
  • KassyisradKassyisrad Posts: 1
    #15105 August, 2021, 07:31 pm.

Opening spell energy gifts and having the game freeze is really starting to **** me off.