2.18.0 Known Issues

Comments

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #27211 October, 2021, 05:20 pm.

@Teenee Are you being kicked out after using a potion? It could be one of these two bugs

1. https://github.com/hpwu-bugs/hpwu-bugs/issues/6
    2. https://github.com/hpwu-bugs/hpwu-bugs/issues/9

If you do get kicked out of the battle, try force restarting the app instead of tapping the RESTART or OK button. See https://github.com/hpwu-bugs/hpwu-bugs/issues/23

Note that you can ask for the replacement of edible dark marks using in-game help - Settings | Help/Legal | Get Support |Note icon in the upper-right corner. Please be as specific as you can - how many EDMs you lost, approximate time, archfoe.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11 #27311 October, 2021, 07:26 pm.

One of the points in the open letter requests more transparency and timely communication. Update 2.19 to fix AS was due end of September, then first week of October. It is now almost mid October, and 33 hours from the next event.

Now we all want AS fixed. We also need an update that fixes more than it crashes.

And if you need time to beta test the update we understand.

What we could use today is transparency and communication.

@hpwulola and @HPWUblue what's the new time frame for update 2.19?

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,673 mod
    #27411 October, 2021, 08:32 pm.

Our team is still working on the final builds for the 2.19 update, and we'll share the timeline later this week. We understand your anticipation for this update and appreciate your patience🙏

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #27512 October, 2021, 01:22 am.

@HPWUblue thank you for the information.

We greatly appreciate the @HPWUTeams dedication to resolving the bugs and providing a solution to AS

• WallflowerVWallflowerV Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited October 12 #27612 October, 2021, 02:56 am.

@hpwulola @HPWUblue I’m at level 28, been playing for about 6 months and have not found the London Five Transcript or the Redacted Report in 5 months of playing. Lots of other players are having this issue yet the last update in the thread was from October 2020. It’s been a year and this issue is still happening. https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/7199/level-29-and-no-sign-of-mystery-items#latest

• CJALEXANDERCJALEXANDER Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #27712 October, 2021, 03:15 am.

@HPWUblue @hpwulola so the team is /still/ working on a fix for AS and distance tracking issues that have been present since March 2021 and continually promised a fix for? Just want to make sure I'm tracking, because the issues are only getting worse and there is a constant focus on creating event content that is basically unplayable for many users, instead of fixing the issue so that all players can enjoy the events (and spend their money on the game). I would really like to see the support team put some pressure on development to actually fix distance tracking. Is this a WB issue? Pokemon Go doesn't have this problem. All we've got so far from the HPWU team is broken promises; at this point, it's worse than the broken gameplay.

Thanks to the support team for responding, and thanks for absolutely nothing to the rest of the decision makers at this bumblecock of a game company.

• CJALEXANDERCJALEXANDER Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #27812 October, 2021, 03:42 am.

@HPWUblue @hpwulola below is a comment I have submitted multiple time via in-game support. We are at a minimum of 8 months of continued broken promises and supposed "fixes" that do nothing, never show up, or make things worse. I'm starting to wonder if the dev and support teams even acknowledge the existence of each other. Can you provide an actual answer for the timeline of distance tracking being fixed, and what is the plan for making up the broken gameplay for affected players? (Daily rewards, event foundables, keys used, gold, XP, etc.)

What is the timeline for fixing Adventure Sync?

I see that Niantic and WB are continuing the onslaught of events instead of taking the time to fix existing issues with the game. I also play Pokemon Go, there are no issues with distance tracking in that game that I have experienced or heard from others. Niantic should examine why that is and fix WU. I know many players who would be happy with a slowed or paused event rollout if it meant that distance tracking issues were being corrected.

As I stated before:

Fix Adventure Sync and portkeys, hold release of portkey-focused family and related events until distance tracking is fixed. Distance tracking was a known issue in March 2021, was supposed to be fixed in 2.17, was not fixed and was exacerbated in 2.18. The 2.18 update patch did absolutely nothing for distance tracking (it seems to have only addressed the dialog pop-up on the portkey screen). I am on the community threads. Make up the lost gold, charms, and event foundables and rewards to players once the fix is found.

-Thanks

• WhispOwlWhispOwl Posts: 1
    #27912 October, 2021, 10:21 pm.

When will the update for WU come out?

The app won't track my steps while it's closed even though I have Google Fit connected, Adventure Sync active, all permissions for tracking steps allowed, and battery saver disabled in it as well as in Google Fit and phone.

• MikFossMikFoss Posts: 24 ✭✭✭
    #28012 October, 2021, 11:28 pm.

I bet we don't see this "update" until November . . .

• FluffendoodleFluffendoodle Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #28113 October, 2021, 05:07 pm.

Thanks. Another event that requires a portkey be opened, and AS STILL BROKEN

• TwistmasTwistmas Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #28214 October, 2021, 06:51 am.

Once again the issue with iPhone users only being able to load the game using wifi has disappeared. I had hoped the update promised in September to fix Adventure Sync might help because after months of having to plan my gameplay around whether there would be available wifi has killed my enjoyment of the game. Now only logging on to check for updates.

• 800M3R800M3R Posts: 1
    #28315 October, 2021, 12:34 pm.

The process are still not working. And there is a port key event coming. Please fix this

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    #28415 October, 2021, 02:52 pm.

Not mentioning crashes and AS because it’s already known. My task list keeps disappearing when there is an event on and I visit the daily tasks.

• SparkleLikeAGemSparkleLikeAGem Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #28515 October, 2021, 03:12 pm.

@HPWUblue, here's a gentle reminder that you promised to update us on the timeline for 2.19 this week. Please don't miss yet another self-imposed deadline.

• IsahuffIsahuff Posts: 4
    edited October 16 #28616 October, 2021, 03:17 pm.

This is frustrating day 3 and I am still having issues!! On the last event it stopped tracking started freezing I couldn’t even get anything!! Day 2 same issues!! Day 3 new event and still same issues!! What is happening!?!? This is my stress reliever and now I’m even more stressed 😩😒 No I don’t want to meditate I just want to get lost in my fantasy world!

I am also getting this error message!!

• Rebel60626Rebel60626 Posts: 1
    #28717 October, 2021, 02:33 am.

The portkey distance tracker not working is frustrating, but even more so when you have a short-term event that only involves portkeys. Please fix.

• Ravencluff18Ravencluff18 Posts: 4
    #28817 October, 2021, 10:57 pm.

First my circus portkeys weren’t appearing, so I begrudgingly used my gold key on a 2.5km portkey. Finally they appeared, I picked up 2, went to open the first one and…error. Then it disappeared frim my collection, so I got neither the pot key rewards or the special foundables.

• Katewills4Katewills4 Posts: 1
    #28919 October, 2021, 10:08 pm.

Hello, I don't seem to get portmanteaus appearing on my map anymore? I first noticed this month's ago but thought it was a general bug? They're still not appearing and I can't complete the events etc. Do I need to activate anything?

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    #29020 October, 2021, 01:53 pm.

Adventure Sync didn't exist when I started playing, so I don't really feel impacted by not having it, other than as a general bellwether for how poorly maintained the game is.

However, for distance not tracking at all, I've noticed that often my distance doesn't register unless I pick something up off the ground. So, for the people complaining about not being able to walk off Portkeys and Dailies, have you tried picking up all the random unwanted ingredients you come across?

• MoiraFlitwickMoiraFlitwick Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #29121 October, 2021, 12:36 am.

This is STILL happening! Almost done in Dark V chamber and used several potions but near the end I used a potion and error pops up, have to restart and can’t get back into challenge chamber. Are you going to fix these forced resets with gifts and potion use anytime soon??!?!?!

• DoctaOsirisDoctaOsiris Posts: 1
    #29221 October, 2021, 03:37 pm.

It's not just wizard challenges where it's forced me to restart, even something as simple as using a certain potion seems to do it sometimes on the main map, I wouldn't mind so much if I could afford to replace everything I've lost but I can't, we're not all made of money despite what Niantic and other developers seem to think... 😔

• SparkleLikeAGemSparkleLikeAGem Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #29321 October, 2021, 04:56 pm.

It would be nice if all updates regarding 2.19 could be posted in the same place. I just found @hpwulola commented in the October Mothly Overview thread that the 2.19 update is scheduled for next week.

I hope that this time 'next week' means 'next week'. So far, there hasn't been a great track record of stickig to timelines, even if it's just a promise to communicate an updated timeline. The poor communication is worse than the bugs. I understand that during development unexpected bugs can be found that delay a release, but there is no excuse for the communication delays.

• ExplewdExplewd Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #29421 October, 2021, 07:29 pm.
    • Consuming a Potion can cause a game lag and in some instances, can kick the player out of a Wizarding Challenge.

Since this is a "known issue", why would you include a step in the current event requiring you to get 7k xp from wizarding challenges?

I've currently wasted 3 barruflios, multiple blues of various strengths only to get kicked out because the game "lost connection".

• hufflpuffpinuphufflpuffpinup Posts: 2
    #29522 October, 2021, 11:07 pm.

Was doing the confoundable 1920's portkey when the game crashed. Lost the portkey and the chance at the challenge

• JaylarJaylar Posts: 1
    #29624 October, 2021, 10:01 am.

I've just had 5 Dark 1 chambers crash with the wireless connection error. Have lost multiple blue potions, runestones and wasted energy

• JashoggJashogg Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #29725 October, 2021, 01:08 am.

I've lost 2 1920s encounters now with Queenie with the restart error

• CourtneyH2oCourtneyH2o Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #29825 October, 2021, 11:29 pm.

Spell energy gift freezes game when opening

Connection error during battles, both Dark Mark and Knight Bus

No tracking of distance, can't get potion ingredients without portkeys

• TorpeCsatasunTorpeCsatasun Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited October 27 #29927 October, 2021, 01:13 am.

Hi,

Placed an image into the registry (Horned serpent egg) and nothing happened.

The progress bar should have go around 12 times!

No XP, no scrolls, no runestones, no gifts, but the fragment count zeroed.

Restarted the game, didn't help.

Placed another image, worked. So ... 25 fragment is missing.

Any ideas?

• HoodyOneHoodyOne Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #30027 October, 2021, 01:26 am.

Still getting kicked out in the middle of a challenge (Forest Chamber V).

• TorpeCsatasunTorpeCsatasun Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #30127 October, 2021, 09:19 pm.

@HoodyOne right after you use a potion?