1920s Wizarding World Convergence : Discover Fantastic Beasts and More!

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
edited August 3 in Announcements #1 latest comment 21 August, 2021, 01:56 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Prepare to jump into the memories of the past and visit Newt’s Menagerie, Circus Arcanus and Paris Street from the wizarding world in the 1920s! Pick up your wands and start on new adventures through the memories of a world from over a century ago, coming soon.

The 1920s Wizarding World Convergences will provide you with new events and new content from a completely different point in time. A new Registry family, 1920s Wizarding World, will provide three new Registry pages: Newt’s Menagerie, Circus Arcanus, and Paris Street. Each Registry page will provide four brand new stickers, allowing you to meet new characters and magical, fantastic beasts. 

These events will feature unique Portmanteaus that provide a window into the past through AR experiences. Want to explore secrets hidden from the Muggle world? Hop into Newt’s Suitcase and see what quirky beasts lie inside. Intrigued about the magical government of the United States? Take a look around the MACUSA lobby. Feeling curious and want to see the most unique performances? Visit the Circus Arcanus and witness the fabled magical circus. Once you have collected five Wrackspurts from these Portkeys, you will be rewarded with a 1920s Encounter.

These unique Portmanteaus will only be available during 1920s Wizarding World Convergence events. To unlock a 1920s Portkey Portmanteau, insert a Key before the timer runs out. Any 1920s Portkey Portmanteau without a Key in it will disappear shortly after the 1920s Wizarding World Convergence ends. Once opened, you'll be rewarded with an exclusive 1920s Wizarding World Encounter and other valuable rewards!

Are you ready to see the wizarding world from a century ago? Our first 1920s Wizarding World Convergence is 18 August 12:01 a.m. - 20 August 11:59 p.m. local time.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forums to discuss the game with fellow players! 

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Update:

Due to a slight delay in our 2.18.1 update, we are pushing the 1920's launch event to 18 August - 20 August. We will run a spotlight event this weekend(7 August), stay tuned for details. Thank you!

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #327 July, 2021, 06:15 pm.

Squeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!😍😍😍😍😍

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #627 July, 2021, 06:23 pm.

Short time on the event. Fortunately I’ve already got my Brilliant portkeys done for this part so bring them on.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #727 July, 2021, 06:24 pm.

i dont care abt the heatwave i have in greece, i care i dont have AS as of 2.18 and i have ac'ed public transport for the heat.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #827 July, 2021, 06:32 pm.

And thanks for this kick....

I can't play unless I update🤬😡

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27 #927 July, 2021, 06:32 pm.
  • FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #1327 July, 2021, 09:37 pm.

Portkey page and anventure sync need fix, but the silver key sale is fixed. Move on.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #2229 July, 2021, 07:14 pm.

If you don’t check all the threads please note this happens again later in August -

1920s Wizarding World Convergence: 18 August 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. local time

• Unlock special Portmanteaus and collect Fragments for the new 1920s Registry Page.

• BlazenBajanBlazenBajan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2531 July, 2021, 10:43 am.

When will adventure Sync be fixed?! Since the 1920's event is centered around limited-time only portmanteaus this needs fixing ASAP! So when can we expect that fixed since the event starts in TWO DAYS?!?!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2631 July, 2021, 11:57 am.

@BlazenBajan the 1920s event starts next weekend, the adversary event starts in 2 days and that has no portks. But I dont expect them to fix AS before then either.

• LunaticPLunaticP Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2701 August, 2021, 07:09 am.

Not cool at all to release 1920's without fixing Adventure Synch, how are we suppose to play?!

• PixiCatPixiCat Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2801 August, 2021, 10:58 am.

Not worth trying for the 1920s event without AS working.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #3002 August, 2021, 12:43 pm.

@Owl515

Have you tried the Amdroid game dock to lock the screen while the game is open? I used it before the AS feature was introduced to open portkeys and it works nicely. It reduces battery drain by significantly dimming the screen and prevents errant button pushes. It's a decent workaround for Android users. Doesn't fix the at home GPS issue, but it does help.

The game is NOT designed or intended to record distance from a treadmill. I'm sure you know this, but since AS allowed it to work for a time, many got used to it. The point of the game is exploration and the Pandemic threatened to end all gameplay. Fortunately Niantic found some not so perfect but acceptable workaround, until some folks (not accusing you) decided to take advantage of these things through cheats and accelerated achievements. Niantic attempts to lock those cheats down broke AS for Amdroid.

Now we have to return to gameplay the way it was originally launched, although with the GPS change, it means some folks may have more trouble.

Niantic's challenge is to keep the game going with fresh content without making that content so easy to get that advanced players and those taking advantage of cheats, finish it within a single event. Poof, new content no longer new followed by complaints of the game being too boring.

This 1920s event is interesting and it's even more interesting that the collected portkeys will disappear after the event, unless they have a key in them. More evidence they are trying to make the content hold for longer.