Secrets Revealed Brilliant Event - Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 03 August, 2021, 04:34 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Harry and Hermione's quest to restore Ron's memories continues with a surge themed around their second year. Unfortunately, their plan to convict Greengrass stalls. Will he be brought to justice or go free? 

During this Brilliant Event, relive Harry’s memories of his second year at Hogwarts. Return these Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Hogwarts Hospital Wing during Part 1 of the Secrets Revealed Brilliant Event, starting 26 July at 11 a.m. PT.

• Brilliant Slytherin Seeker Draco Malfoy - Encounter
  • Brilliant Flesh-Eating Slugs - Encounter
  • Polyjuiced Hermione Granger - Wizarding Challenges
  • Ron Weasley's Taped Wand - Tasks
  • Petrified Colin Creevey - Brilliant Portkey

This event will also feature boosted Foundables that are rescued with the Bombarda spell.  The Brilliant Portkey for this event will feature a new environment. 

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #222 July, 2021, 06:46 pm.

Thank you @hpwulola !💜

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #424 July, 2021, 01:40 am.

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam

5 Restrictive Section Books in Free Store Pack.

Thanks

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #524 July, 2021, 08:28 am.

Is it there?

I dont see it in mine

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    #726 July, 2021, 06:49 pm.

@BRILLBILL Same! I've got less than 4 minutes left on a TTD and I've only gotten 2 Brilliant Flesh-Eating slugs.

• Likwit76Likwit76 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #826 July, 2021, 06:49 pm.

same. used a TTD, not a single event foundable received. Must be a new low for HPWU.

• egtodd96egtodd96 Posts: 4
    #1226 July, 2021, 07:30 pm.

I cannot see the tasks - when I click the usual button for tasks on the main page, my screen goes black and the app crashes. Is anyone else having that problem?

• DeRotzDeRotz Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #1326 July, 2021, 07:36 pm.

@egtodd96 I had the same issue until I downloaded all the Assets in settings.

As with others, it took 15 min into a TTD to get a brilliant and so far only that 1.

Why did they decide that the start of a new event is the time to release an update? As usual, it seems that there are more bugs than fixes. The new beam color (guess it is supposed to be orange-red) is hard to distinguish from the regular red.

• MorethansiriusMorethansirius Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1426 July, 2021, 07:38 pm.

After 1 1/2 hours and two trace tonics I have a few Brilliant slugs. I have a bunch of regular flesh-eating slugs and regular Quidditch Draco. Did somebody increase the regular versions instead of the new Brilliant Slugs and Draco? I’m not throwing any more Trace tonics down the drain chasing a couple of slugs during the 1/2 hour they last.

• VicenzaGVicenzaG Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1526 July, 2021, 08:03 pm.

I am 2 hours in and still no Brilliant Traces on the map. I did download the seats.

• egtodd96egtodd96 Posts: 4
    #1626 July, 2021, 08:17 pm.

@DeRotz Thank you for the tip - I tried to download the assets and it's taken over 30 minutes for less than 50% of the assets to download. I've never had this issue before, ie. I've never downloaded assets in the game. Unsure if this download time normal.

Anyone else having the issue of the Event / Special / Daily Assignments button not working?

#2026 July, 2021, 08:29 pm.

@egtodd96 For me, the latest round of Assets took about 5 min (around 124 files but not sure of the actual size). If it is downloading more, it can take a while. When I had to reinstall the game, it took longer than 30 min to re-download all the Assets (a couple GB worth of files). Probably not surprising, but downloading Assets can also be buggy with this game, and I have had it stall out on me where I have had to Cancel the download and restart the game. Good thing is that if you Cancel the download and then start the download again, it will continue where it left off.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #2126 July, 2021, 08:45 pm.

I have the black screen also. I tried downloading assets and seems to always get stuck at the end. If I go back to it it says I need 1 asset and never fully downloads.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2326 July, 2021, 09:00 pm.

may be something to do with update to 2.18?

• GervaseGervase Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2426 July, 2021, 09:21 pm.

5 (or 6?) TTD used and still only seen 8 Brilliant Dracos. Such a waste of resources. Please fix.

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #2526 July, 2021, 09:30 pm.

Yeah…same complaints as others. Still trying to grab our cash by moving the goalposts. This game is becoming so much less fun.🤦🏼‍♂️

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2726 July, 2021, 09:38 pm.

@Kodokmag I won't pretend to be an expert on these things, but my version currently says 2.17.0.24608653.d256609.a256734. Would changes due to an update I don't have yet have any effect on the game? The trace beam color is obviously the thing that stands out the most as being seriously messed up. The other stuff, the event stuff, is annoying but could possibly be attributed to bad luck or some such. But the beams being so wrong makes no sense whatsoever.

#2826 July, 2021, 09:52 pm.

@hpwulola I just had red, orange, and orange-red beams on the map at the same time. I hadn't noticed the new color but watched closely since @DeRotz mentioned it. But it still doesn't make any sense. The beam colors still do not correspond to their actual threat level, so they are still not reliable. They've been messed up so long we had just gotten used to them that way, and now they are just more messed up. Do we have to get used to them all over again, or will they actually be fixed some time soon?

#3026 July, 2021, 10:14 pm.

@Hannager Yep, just went through another TTD without a single brilliant trace. It would be really nice to get a response to our comments, even if it's just an "Okay, we are looking into it."

#3126 July, 2021, 10:22 pm.

@CeruleanGirl Thanks for your update. I'm itching to play but based on your recent attempt, I'll keep holding off.

From the 2.18.0 Release discussion, the beams are supposed to be fixed once we are able to update the app (still not available on the App store last I checked). Based on previous experience with the developers "fixing" the beams, I'm not holding my breath.