Dragonologists’ Delight

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
edited July 6 in Announcements #1 latest comment 22 July, 2021, 01:06 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Calling all dragonologists! The Calamity is snatching dragons and locking their eggs away in Portkey Portmanteaus. The Ministry is counting on you to return these fire-breathing beasts!

From July 2 at 11 a.m. PT – July 9 at 11 a.m. PT, look to the sky for the following:

• Sightings of Peruvian Vipertooth, Chinese Fireball, Welsh Green and Antipodean Opaleye Oddities.
  • Special Portmanteaus containing Peruvian Vipertooth Eggs, Chinese Fireball Eggs, Welsh Green Eggs and Antipodean Opaleye Eggs will be found on the Map.

During this event, there will be an additional challenge for players. If players are able to collect over 5 million Dragon Eggs, they will unlock reduced brew times for Healing, Wit-Sharpening and all Exstimulo Potions during July Community Day. If achieved, there will be a 25% base reduction or 50% total reduction with Master Notes Good luck!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #430 June, 2021, 07:17 pm.

Always love the additional challenges and rewards for player action.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #530 June, 2021, 07:35 pm.

i hope there will be counter on the main game screen for those world (all players is it?) related challenge.

• Infinitum97Infinitum97 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #630 June, 2021, 08:19 pm.

If an in game counter is not possible, would be cool if there were daily updates posted by WB/Niantic on how many eggs have been opened globally. @hpwulola Any chance a notification could be sent each day to update players on the current count?

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #730 June, 2021, 10:31 pm.

Love the additional brew time reduction, but for the sake of all that is sacred in the Wizarding world, please make sure to increase Snowdrop!!!

It is the only ingredient I can never get enough of and with brew time reductions, we will need 2x as much as normal to keep the cauldrons going.

#1001 July, 2021, 05:08 am.

@HPWUblue LoL yeah, my dragon page is still silver

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    #1201 July, 2021, 10:11 pm.

@ALTARIELVALICE - Thank you very much!! Knowing the tasks ahead of time changes my strategy on this one.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    #1301 July, 2021, 10:13 pm.

5 million??? Like actually 5 million?

Each Portkey gives 1 dragon egg. So collecting

and opening 5 million?

OR, is it a combined tally of dragon eggs?

How many you’ve collected up to this point plus what you collect during event totaling 5 million?

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    #1601 July, 2021, 10:57 pm.

@SilverWolfSr well that's a relief😂 I misunderstood and was trying to decide if I should just sit this one out because that's impossible for a lot of players!

• AlleallaAllealla Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1702 July, 2021, 12:14 am.

I've been saving keys for the last six months waiting for this...

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1802 July, 2021, 06:49 am.

Since AdventureSync is still broken on over half of the Android devices, I guess at least there will be a use for some of the hundreds of silver keys that have just been piling up.

Just keep on going with the constant events... maybe the users will be so distracted to notice the number of months passing without any bug fixes for the piles of bugs that you have created.

#1902 July, 2021, 07:18 am.

anyhow, TTD will not be having a boost for the dragons then?

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2 #2002 July, 2021, 09:16 am.

@Kodokmag according to the infographics, the dragons are boosted on the map and by using the TfTD. Isn't that great 😄

• CorePhoenixCorePhoenix Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #2102 July, 2021, 07:06 pm.

Since the event started, my friend and I can't open the game. It has an error that says "connection lost. Check wifi." Our connection is fine for everything except this game

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
    #2202 July, 2021, 10:59 pm.

There are reports that there is a swap with Task 6 and 7.

Welsh & Vipertooth Egg Fragments will make progress to Quest 6 (About Page III)

Oppaleye & Fireball Egg Fragments will make progress to Quest 7 (About Page IV)

• BanjoBBanjoB Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #2503 July, 2021, 01:21 am.

Is there something affecting portkey spawns?

I've only seen a single one in over 7 hours and I have 9 free slots.

We are still in lockdown here so I'm reliant on having them spawn on my house (which they normally do).

Bad enough I have to rely on adventure sync working as I walk lengths of the hallway to open anything, worse when there is nothing available to open.

• LaurieTLCLaurieTLC Posts: 34 ✭✭✭
    #2703 July, 2021, 02:15 am.

@BanjoB I've had 10 at home (and seen 5 normal ones). I don't normally see that many so they do seem to be boosted for me; maybe it's RNG not being kind to you? 😥 Though if more players aren't get any/many, then hopefully they'll look into it.

#2803 July, 2021, 05:36 am.

@LaurieTLC I've now seen 5 total. During regular play when I do a bulk open of portkeys I will often have 3 or 4 spawn almost immediately on my house.

I was planning on buying keys for this event but so far I'm barely going to get through my current stock of keys. I'll be lucky to even get off a bronze page at this rate...

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    #2903 July, 2021, 07:21 am.

@BanjoB i just saving silver key every BE because no more using portkey (since i using PoGo for finding egg). If you don't want buy silver key, just save your key for next dragon event.

@LaurieTLC keep paitence, this event just one week so stay relax if you have a silver frame.

#3003 July, 2021, 08:32 am.

@Yohanes12 I had saved my keys since the last dragon event, but I had hoped to open about 100 portkeys this event so would have to buy a few extra. As I'm in lockdown I was hoping to open 10 at a time walking laps of my house. Don't really want to wait until next year because nothing is appearing on the map now.

• NicdugNicdug Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #3103 July, 2021, 08:47 am.

I haven’t seen a single dragon so far 🙄