Norweigan Ridgeback Adversaries Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,141 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 June, 2021, 12:57 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Prepare to face higher stakes as you come face to face against all the Ancient Norweigan Ridgeback!

From June 14 at 11 a.m. PT – June 17 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased Adversary sightings of Ancient Norwegian Ridgeback and Baby Norweigan Ridgeback foundable.
  • Guaranteed Hagrid’s Hut from all Forest Chambers and guaranteed Monster Book or Monsters from all Dark Chambers.
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen.
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 25%.
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.
  • Players Level 4 to Level 14 will be able to access a special Baruffio’s Spotlight Event during this time.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #511 June, 2021, 10:37 am.

More dragons. Nice! 😊

• KitRamblingKitRambling Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #612 June, 2021, 05:07 am.

Are EDMs going to be guaranteed to drop the required adversary this time? It’s the only reason I was able to complete the Dark Wizards Adversary event, and this one needs one specific adversary, so I could see it being a heck of a grind without any guarantee.

• PokemorchoPokemorcho Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #714 June, 2021, 01:32 am.

Return 3 Monster books of Monsters from Dark Chambers?

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited June 14 #814 June, 2021, 03:20 pm.

@Pokemorcho It's a guaranteed foundable in Dark I-V using any runestone.

• MirerMirer Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #914 June, 2021, 06:56 pm.

Was really looking forward to this event. Grateful for EDM in gift package. When used I got 1.Hungarian Horntail, 2. Gilderoy Lockhart, 3. Fenrir Greyback. Not what I was hoping for as the event focusses on the Norwegian Ridgeback.

• PoisonDartFrogPoisonDartFrog Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1014 June, 2021, 07:39 pm.

Did you forget to turn up the adversaries? It’s been over 1 1/2 hours and I haven’t seen any adversaries or baby dragons. My second EDM only gave me one Norwegian Ridgeback. It would be nice if the EDM gave you the event adversaries. I’ll try tonics for the baby dragon but thought there would be at least one dark mark by now.

• oolonoolon Posts: 1
    #1114 June, 2021, 09:16 pm.

What has collecting baby Norwegian ridgebacks to do with adversaries, I know it's the theme but how to find them? Giving 1 EDM and requiring 2 to be spent for the event, such generousity. EDM are so expensive for just 3 adversaries, I can do one in under 5 minutes and end up just sitting around for the next to appear. often to they are just a waste not dropping things required for the event. Dark detectors on inns also never drop event stuff in community days. No unicorn drops to top level potions, event after event never a chance to recover, straight into the next one. I just don't know why I should be bothered any more. It's not like the rewards are anything good anyway.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    #1214 June, 2021, 09:46 pm.

I lost 2 adversaries after defeating the first 2 agents and spending my potions for the real adversary.

Do you have any plans to fix this situation?

• SolteraleSolterale Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #1314 June, 2021, 11:14 pm.

EDMs not dropping Norwegian Ridgebacks. 1st EDM: 1 Ironbelly, 1 Pettigrew, 1 Basilisk.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #1414 June, 2021, 11:15 pm.

So far by my experience, the EDMs are providing one Ancient Norwegian Ridgeback adversary with each use. (I've only tried two so far, though, so not a huge sampling.) On the one hand, I can see how since there is only the one target in this event, it would be overkill for each EDM to create 3 of them, but on the other hand, one each time will be a major drain on player's EDM supplies. Something in the middle would be nice, like at least two from each EDM.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #1515 June, 2021, 12:57 am.

@CeruleanGirl

My experience as well. Fortunately I found a few in the wild pretty quickly. This might be the easiest Adversary event yet. All I have left is baby Norwegian Ridgeback. Hoping TFTD provides what I'm looking for, then onto bonus round.