June Adversaries Event - Feared Wizards

2»

Comments

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    #3208 June, 2021, 07:41 pm.

@Djea I interpreted it to mean the foes that are actually titled "Dark Wizard." I could be wrong but that is what makes sense to me.

edited June 9 #3309 June, 2021, 12:12 am.

I’m not getting any adversary traces at my home so I leave the house… and the very first one I get is yet another dragon. Come on, there has to be a better way!

Update: And the next three were Basilisks. 🤷🏼‍♀️ So, basically it’s not even worth it to leave the house. The only Wizard Adversaries I’ve gotten are the ones from the EDMs I used and the one Draco I got earlier.

Post edited by CeruleanGirl on
    #3409 June, 2021, 01:25 am.

Too many freakin’ Dragons!!

• AJZipperAJZipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #3509 June, 2021, 01:47 am.

@CeruleanGirl Nearly EVERY Narcissa battle I have ever had has been just like that. I've stopped even bothering; if it's her, I bolt. She is not worth that amount of time, stress, and resources.

#3609 June, 2021, 03:54 am.

@AJZipper I usually skip her as well. I was only battling her because of the event. The event targets were so hard to find I didn’t want to pass any up, even if it was her. But under normal circumstances, I rarely fight her.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #3709 June, 2021, 04:32 am.

I agree that the wizard Adversaries in the wild have been dramatically limited this event - perhaps that's the trade-off to having guaranteed event Adversaries coming from the EDMs? I'm ok with that, given that I have some stored up and have gotten 3 free ones (one from the free store pack and 2 as rewards in Adversary chains). It at least provides certainty of getting what you need if you're not in a high-trace area. But others who don't have EDMs saved up or bad luck rng for reward drops are probably not in great shape with that.

On the plus side, I've finally able to get the fragments I needed to prestige the Basilisk, Ancient Hungarian Horntail, and Fenrir pages, so I'm enjoying the event thus far!

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    #3809 June, 2021, 08:35 am.

I checked and so far no adversary dropped an EDM, so I had to invest one EDM myself to complete the quest. I still had a lot stacked up from previous events (never bought any), so not a big deal, but if this keeps up... Well, not a big fan of adversaries anyways, whatever...

@CeruleanGirl : I always had the impression that they predominantly boost adversaries, not the event specific adversaries... ...which is an interesting choice... the advantage is that with that you eventually will be able to complete the registry pages without going all-out during their specific events. The downside is that you get a lot of posts on the forums of disappointed players that fail to complete the task lists.

Also: Not sure if Narcissa dodges even against professors, but if she does: Whoever thought that adding dodge to adversaries is a good idea clearly has some masochistic tendencies... Then again, my guess is that someone just thought, "Hey, fortress foes can dodge, so why not adversaries", forgetting that in challenges you can actually play around that by using hexes....

• CheekyNifflerCheekyNiffler Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #3909 June, 2021, 08:56 am.

I thought Lockhart was fixed so counted as a Dark Wizard? Certainly not for me on the bonus task... Done 2 and no add to the first task, just counts as a 'feared wizard'.

So what about dark witches, poachers etc? Do any of them count towards dark wizard task fragments? Very annoying...

• DjeaDjea Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    #4009 June, 2021, 11:48 am.

I'm almost finished with the bonus assignment using 2 TfTDs and a few Feard Adversaries that popped up at home. Here's what counted as Dark Wizard:

Draco Malfoy - only his Dark Wizard guard counted.

Fenrir Greyback counted as a Dark Wizard.

Gilderoy Lockhart does NOT count.

Narcissa Malfoy & her Dark Witch guard counted.

Peter Pettigrew & his Dark Wizard: I assume that they both counted but I have not encountered them yet.

I thought that this might be a good information for people. So far, I have enjoyed this event.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    #4109 June, 2021, 01:05 pm.

This is too easy for bonus task, but too much use edm to purchase gold if you have gold gift *actualy drop edm is important too*.

One more thing. Ancient norwegian ridgeback is big one damage, so be prepare more healing potion and potent too. (Next adveseries)

• apm1117apm1117 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #4209 June, 2021, 04:19 pm.

Will you ever fix the server issues plaguing this game? I had an ecounter glitch out, and since it was narcissa i had used one potent, 2 strong and 1 wit sharpening potion. Support says they have no record of this so they won't refund. They accused me of lying. It's sad the state of your support and game.

Nevermind the fact that this event is unplayable for some of use, who cannot play the game unless connected to strong wifi. I can't go out to parks or anything to try to play because the game glitches away or crashes and won't reload. Support says it's all my fault. I thought this was supposed to be a game you played on the go, but it seems to be a "sit on the couch and play" game.

#4309 June, 2021, 06:56 pm.

Correction to my earlier post: I used 2 EDMs (not TfTDs) for the bonus assignment. I still have 2 Dark Wizards to get after I replenish my Spell energy.

#4409 June, 2021, 08:35 pm.

Peter Pettigrew's Dark Mark just popped up at home, and I can confirm that he and his Dark Wizard guard both counted to complete the bonus assignment. Yay!!!

This has been the easiest Feared Adversaries Event. And I only needed to use a total of 4 EDMs to complete the special assignments. Thank you very much @HPWUTeam !

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #4509 June, 2021, 10:28 pm.

I just got knocked out of adversary for the first time. I was battling the second adversary and it went away. This was one I got from using an EDM

• AJZipperAJZipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #4610 June, 2021, 04:31 am.

@hpwulola WHY?! WHY do adversaries consistently get 3 - 5 hits for my one. Nearly every. single. time. Every time. Does anyone understand just how demoralizing this is? It makes these events a painful chore and not fun in any way.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    #4710 June, 2021, 04:37 am.

@CeruleanGirl

Narcissa is tough, but she is the most difficult Feared Adversary. I am an Auror with all lessons completed. Sometimes I can knock her out with one Potent. Other times, it's like what you describe.

I do find using Wit reduces dodges. Since I have full dodge, I can also avoid her strikes sometimes. That's really helpful.

• NhixNhix Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #4810 June, 2021, 06:22 am.

I live in a city apartment of a very busy road. Luckily, I get a good spawn rate around me (please don't jinx my account after seeing this). But the best spawns I got of adversaries were in a hospital. Within the half an hour of waiting period, I had encountered at least 8-10 of them!

I'm not complaining. I had already completed the tasks before easily as this round was more generous than the last event. But an interesting choice of increased spawn location!

• nanacindersnanacinders Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #4910 June, 2021, 03:37 pm.

Problem 1: Draco didn't count as a feared wizard for me.

Problem 2: I had 2 edible dark parks available. I pressed use button, just once, but it took both my remaining dark marks at once. Timer was still just 30 minutes too, so it is not like it gave me both marks to use at once. Just took that second one with no return..... I reported to support using the in app help, but was curious if others had a similar problem.

And update, in that 30 minutes, only 2 adversaries popped up.

#5010 June, 2021, 03:57 pm.

I thought I left this comment once, but I tried to edit and it was deleted???

Anyway. Initially, I was going to point out that Draco did not count as a feared wizard, but in later encounters he did, so I didn't report that.

But big problem was, I had 3 edible dark marks at the start of this event. I used one yesterday. Today I went to use a second one, to finish that task that said to use 2 edible dark marks. Well, I pressed the USE button, and it took BOTH of my remaining dark marks. And there is no undo type action to try to fix that. And even though it said I was using 2 dark marks at once, the timer still only gave 30 minutes, and in that 30 minutes, only 2 adversaries showed up. This stinks. Its not like you get them frequently so they can be burned uselessly. I did report through in app support that it took 2 dark marks at once instead of just one. I have not heard back.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    #5110 June, 2021, 04:14 pm.

I completely disagree with the comments about how easy the bonus assignment is. I needed 4 feared adversaries to complete it. I went for a walk, battled Narcissa, basilisk and 3 dragons and STILL need 3 feared adversaries. If dragons aren't counted towards feared adversaries, then the task needs to be explicit as to which feared adversaries count. This is a big waste of resources, and I may not be able to finish the bonus task at this rate.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited June 10 #5210 June, 2021, 06:29 pm.

@enTrained The task said "feared WIZARD adversaries".

#5312 June, 2021, 01:12 pm.

I should update that the second edible dark mark was restored and support did get back to me.