To much events

PrinsHugoPrinsHugo Posts: 6 ✭✭
in Game Events #1 latest comment 17 June, 2021, 10:25 am.

I have played HP now for 2 years. The coming month there are 3 days without a planned event. It's really starting to be to much. I will at some point stop playing just because the amount of events is to much.

Why is the pressure so high?

Jan Hugo

Comments

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #228 May, 2021, 09:32 pm.

Alright, you do feel the pressured by the back-to-back events, that certainly is not good, and you seem to be not alone with that.

However, I'm wondering where this feeling comes from. Out of all the different events, I think brilliant events (BEs) stand out because skipping those will leave you with a gap in your registry page. And, yes, I do consider those to be more annoying than fun for that reason.

That said: Most other events, however, you can easily skip without begin worse off than before. Sure, playing the events can help you with the registry, Skill trees, what have you. But if you decide to skip the event, you still will eventually get those done.

We can totally discuss the quests that come with them are occasionally overly frustrating and poorly conceived, but then again, the rewards are almost never worth the effort, no big deal to ignore those as well.

So, where does the feeling of having to play the event come from, genuine question...

• NorajCandiesNorajCandies Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #328 May, 2021, 10:02 pm.

OK

• AnricatAnricat Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #430 May, 2021, 05:32 pm.

I have an idea for a solution: you could just not participate in the event and play the game as if an event were not occurring. I think you could still get enjoyment. I personally only really play the events any more so I'm happy to have them. Thankfully you're not forced to participate.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #530 May, 2021, 05:41 pm.

there have been a lot of events lately....

• DjeaDjea Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #630 May, 2021, 07:36 pm.

I started just playing this game a little bit everyday; I have a lot of gaps in my Brilliant Event registry pages. When the pandemic hit, I can not travel as much without people's help. I play this game to calm my nerves when I get claustrophobic. I have been finishing the events without trying too hard because I don't feel that I have to finish them; I do it to have fun.

The only time this game stressed me out was last year's back-to-back Community Day Events because we were only having zero to 2 necessary traces per TfTD. I could not complete the special assignments even though I used 9 TfTDs that Saturday and 6 TfTD that Sunday. From that time on, I play the game only when I am having fun and not too tired. I believe that I complete the special assignments because I don't not need to complete them.

Quite frankly, I thought that they were having more events to keep us entertained during the pandemic. And I am grateful to the @HPWUTeam for that.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 62 ✭✭
    #707 June, 2021, 03:40 am.

In my opinion, you don’t need to worry about any event outside the BE ones, because the next one is just a few days away. It was much more stressful back when there were hardly any LoH traces around and then there was one Saturday which had a lot of potions classroom foundables in 3 hours. That was a once a year chance to prestige the page. Major pressure.

Same thing with the Central Park page. I got 3 Pickets in a year of playing and then 90 in one community day.

The game is much better now.

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #817 June, 2021, 08:44 am.

It's bigger than just a gap in the registry -- people are concerned that if they don't get all the books from the event, they will fall behind on skills and be less and less able to complete future events, notably the eventual Lethal Adversaries.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #917 June, 2021, 10:25 am.

id prefer them have less events with greater rewards than more events w "dittany" rewards.

ie: instead of 2 brilliants offering 2 snow drops 30 rsbs and 10 gold (random numbers), one BE offering 60 rsbs, 200 gold and 20 unicorn hair along with 50 snowdrops

instead of 3 adver events, 1 adver event with all advers equally boosted and multiple spawning points offering gluttony and 200 dada, 200 gold, 50 red books, several potents' worth of extim ingreds in rewards etc.

and so on. no more than 10-15 days out of 30 covered in events would be ideal per month. And with relatively easy tasks, devs should think "can a rural person w 0-2 pois finish this in one hr? yes? good, no? change."