Confoundables

AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 15 September, 2019, 04:38 pm.

Hi everyone, just a couple of qs about confoundables if anyone can help pls?

There are still a good few that i have never ever seen- e.g Mcgonagall, sorting hat, pheonix, tri-wizard cup etc... and some i get a good few times s day- I'm sure others do too & it's maybe high threat ones I'm missing. But even placing a few dark detectors at multiple inns at a time I've still to see them? Have others encountered these elusive confoundables? Any tips on finding them?

Secondly- is it just me or have the past couple days or so been harder to defeat even low level confoundables with great casts? And more disappearing? They used to be dead cert first time- is it me!? Lol- probably!! 😂

Comments

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    #227 July, 2019, 02:33 pm.

I finally got my first McGonagall fragment yesterday from an encounter on the map. I was thrilled. Sorting Hat, Tri-Wizard cup etc. are more likely to be found as a reward in Wizarding Challenges at any Fortress.

Hint: use a no.2 or higher runestone, much better chance of receiving the fragments you are looking for.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #327 July, 2019, 02:34 pm.

I’ve yet to see McGonagall, which bums me out bc I love her. I think I heard others saw her during community day tho, so she must be out there. I’ve seen Fawkes and the sorting hat once, during community day I think. I do think they’re really rare to see spawn. I also got the sorting hat in a fortress reward once too. I’m hoping as I rank up (currently lvl 26 prof), I’ll see those more often. I’m not sure what level you are, but I do notice as I rank up, I start seeing new rarer spawns. Not often, but occasionally they’ll spawn.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #427 July, 2019, 03:12 pm.

The experience is entirely different for everyone, and it’s based almost entirely on where you are at any given moment. I’ll start to feel certain I’m just never going to see a particular Foundable in my area, and then suddenly a couple will spawn one day. When I’m playing with someone, we see all the same stuff. I have a new friend I met while playing WU who happens to live in my same apartment building and we tell each other when rare stuff pops up at home. I’ve still never seen Grawp. I only saw a Swooping Evil once and it departed. I’ve never encountered Albus Dumbledore, only his portrait, but I know others have. Same with Tom Riddle, and Newt Scamander. I’ll see them eventually. It’s just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. It might be at a city park, or while traveling for work or pleasure. It may even be while sitting on my couch one evening.

#527 July, 2019, 03:24 pm.

I saw Grawp for the first time on Thursday I think. I threw potent exstimulo and dawdle at it. Got him. Not seen Newt yet, that will be fun.

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #627 July, 2019, 04:21 pm.

Same, i haven't seen McG either. I just caught Tommy boy yesterday night tough. I was at home eating dinner. I think i got Dumbledore potrait from fortress once or twice.

• CrogabattoirCrogabattoir Posts: 73 ✭✭
    #727 July, 2019, 04:30 pm.

McGonagall departed on me during Community Day. I got pictures of the knight before she departed.

#827 July, 2019, 04:48 pm.

Oh, I just got the philosophers stone on Thursday as well. I literally ranked up to lvl 26 Thursday morning, and then I see two rarer foundables for first time that same day. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. Just seems to happen a lot in my experience thus far.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 297 ✭✭✭
    #928 July, 2019, 08:45 am.

Thanks so much guys! Im glad its not just me then. I sed yest im level 24 forgot im level 25, half way along lol. So it's just they are very rare & patience needed.

Funnily enuf i got a fragment of the tri-wizard cup yesterday in the fortress level 4 i think. I messed up my attempt to finish a lvl 10 battle just by literally seconds! Nooo! 1 more healing potion & id have cracked it. Going in armed to teeth today lol.

Wish i had people near me that play, & my family aren't interested. Its gr8 to have this forum to chat things over & get tips.

Thanks again 😊

#1028 July, 2019, 09:32 am.

Thanks so much guys! Im glad its not just me then. I sed yest im level 24 forgot im level 25, half way along lol. So it's just they are very rare & patience needed.

Funnily enuf i got a fragment of the tri-wizard cup yesterday in the fortress level 4 i think. I messed up my attempt to finish a lvl 10 battle just by literally seconds! Nooo! 1 more healing potion & id have cracked it. Going in armed to teeth today lol.

Wish i had people near me that play, & my family aren't interested. Its gr8 to have this forum to chat things over & get tips.

Thanks again 😊

#1128 July, 2019, 09:37 am.

@Dogoutlaw thanks for all the great comments and advice you give on different threads. I see them a lot & really helpful. Thank you! 😊

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited July 28 #1228 July, 2019, 12:54 pm.

@Dogoutlaw I saw Grawp for the first time Thursday as well, caught him Friday morning and got a Philosophers Stone Friday afternoon. I wonder if there was some weather or calendar element that caused these two hard to find foundables to spawn...

#1328 July, 2019, 01:56 pm.

@Auroracrucius aww☺️ Thanks

@CytopeAchen really? Now that’s something! I wonder if others had same experience. Wouldn’t it be something if there was a pattern to them, or if groups of people regardless of location saw same spawns...

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    #1428 July, 2019, 04:07 pm.

@Dogoutlaw what is your friend code? Looked for it on several discussion posts but haven’t seen it. This is my first post, but I’ve been lurking for a while and wanted to add you- you always have great input. Thanks for all the help! :)

Also probably not the correct thread for this but has anyone else noticed that if a confoundable departs when you use exstimulo potion, it now carries over to your next trace? If you leave a trace it goes away. But I’ve been really pleased that they listened to feedback on this. I have only noticed this the last 2 days, curious if anyone else has noticed this and if Niantic will make this a permanent change.

5814 3899 0676

#1528 July, 2019, 04:53 pm.

@Herm10neG92 last I checked this is only a glitch. While it shows it being there and continues to countdown it doesn't actually change the capture bar.

#1628 July, 2019, 05:12 pm.

Good to know @CytopeAchen. I didn’t pay attention to the bar, but that helps. Bummer. Thought they were being generous since Dawdle Draught has been completely worthless.

#1728 July, 2019, 06:36 pm.

I hadn’t even noticed, but wouldn’t that have been great? Dang.

@Herm10neG92 sent. And thanks. I was really careful about not posting my code. Lol I believe I posted it once when I saw someone was playing near my hometown. But I knew people who were posting their code were getting spammed with requests, and I didn’t want that. 🤷🏼‍♀️

#1828 July, 2019, 06:38 pm.

Thanks for the add!

Oh yikes. Good looking out. Might need to delete that then 😐

#1928 July, 2019, 07:21 pm.

Up to you. I think you might be safe here. When the forum started, there were hundreds of codes being thrown about, everyone trying to hit that friends achievement.

• DosElDosEl Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #2028 July, 2019, 09:26 pm.

My personal belief was when the brilliant event was going on, I was hardly seeing any severe or emergency confoundables. I don't know if the event had an effect on those. But lately I been finding McG, Fawke, Riddle, Firenze, Unciorn, Whomping Willow. Today I was able to get Dumbledore and Riddle. Probably just right place at the right time.

#2128 July, 2019, 09:36 pm.

@DosEl I need to be playing where you are apparently. Sitting a few xp from 29 and I have yet to see a Dumbledore.

#2228 July, 2019, 11:50 pm.

@DosEl wow, seriously, I’d love to see all of them. Nice! Given I just got my husband to start playing, I’m going to watch what we get when we’re together. So far I’ve had a demiguise he did not. If it keeps happening that I have higher value items he doesn’t, I would think that is telling about how they spawn. We’ll see.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 53 ✭✭
    #2429 July, 2019, 11:20 am.

If you want specific ones it is best to find a good flagged spawn zone for that type. No matter what they are rare spawns, but the zones do help focus on the type you might want.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #2529 July, 2019, 11:52 am.

Speaking of friend codes it's quite safe to post them in these forums. You can reset your code whenever you like. ;)

#2629 July, 2019, 12:24 pm.

@Auroracrucius yay!! Totally jealous about Newt!

@Ginnungagap emphasis on good! I tried going to a Magizoology zone and it was completely dead. One spawn as I approached and then nothing. Didn’t realize that would happen. Bit of a bummer.

• chillcatlady95chillcatlady95 Posts: 1
    edited July 29 #2729 July, 2019, 01:59 pm.

Hey guys! Just happened to pass through some forums with good info on tips for the game. This is a really good thread! 😊

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 92 ✭✭
    #2829 July, 2019, 02:43 pm.

I must say I'm slowly encounters more rare and very rare spawns. In a few days, I saw a whomping Willow, a few cars and more than a few Firenze and Fawkes. I don't know if it's because I am leveling up and "have a shot at catching them" and they become available for me or Niantic is releasing them slowly.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29 #2929 July, 2019, 03:32 pm.

Yay @Aurora946 !!

I’m super jealous you saved Newt! My 20 year old son who plays PoGo and comes along with me occasionally to hit the best spots always laughs out loud over how excited I get when I encounter a severe or emergency Foundable.

• kelgorredkelgorred Posts: 1
    #3029 July, 2019, 04:17 pm.

Must be the area you guys are in was out hunting last night. Saw MG hermine x2 wimping Willow PS and the car. All within an hour. If it's anything like Pogo the more ppl around catching things the better the chance of them spawning.

• MikeHughJassMikeHughJass Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #3129 July, 2019, 04:58 pm.

I'm wondering if level and the number of times you have prestiged groups play a factor. Until I hit level 22, and had prestiged both Hagrid's Hut and the Pumpkin Patch, I had never seen a Blast-Ended Skrewt, but now I see quite a few every day. It's the same with the House Exploding of Snap Cards. Until very recently, I had never seen it. Now I get a half dozen everyday.

I do agree with the sudden surge in disapparating. It seems to have started a couple days ago. In 30 minutes I had close to a dozen disapparating, even low's.

Add Me @ 0123 3723 2850