Unforgivable Truth Brilliant Event – Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,144 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 09 June, 2021, 10:45 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Harry and Hermione work together to create a surge based around the events of their first year at Hogwarts. Will their experiment to use the Calamity to restore Ron's memories prove successful?

Return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Hogwarts Corridor during Part 1 of the The Unforgivable Truth Brilliant Event, starting May 31 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Harry's Troll Bogeys-Covered Wand - Wizarding Challenges
  • Chocolate Frog - Tasks
  • Quarreling Professors Snape and Quirrell - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Mountain Troll - Encounter
  • Brilliant Dragon Egg - Encounter

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭
    #227 May, 2021, 07:46 pm.

Troll bogeys....

Nuff said. 😅

Thanks for the new event info Lola!💜

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭
    #327 May, 2021, 10:36 pm.

3 BE events in May?

Well, in my time zone this one on June. LoL

#430 May, 2021, 12:26 am.

No detailed tasks ?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    #530 May, 2021, 12:53 pm.

@Kodokmag looks like a delay task because there's too many retired wizard or witch on this here, so make sure check post anytime too.

• Dieks77Dieks77 Posts: 46 ✭✭
    #631 May, 2021, 12:54 pm.

Infographics have been shared on Twitter before the weekend already.

Not going to rip and post them here, I'll leave that up to the original creators/contacts.

#ProvidedbyWBandNiantic

https://twitter.com/Xpecto_GO/status/1398338973509074945?s=20

#731 May, 2021, 06:32 pm.

many of those troll traces are very rare. thank you for boosting those up.

looking forward for centaur turn to boost. 😂

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 62 ✭✭
    #831 May, 2021, 07:06 pm.

Should Hermione be sent to Azkaban? Slipping truth potions to everyone at the ministry and then altering their memories is pretty messed up. And she feels bad about breaking the rules, not about violating her colleagues. This is shocking.

Has it occurred to her that Harry still sucks at Occlumency and the Unforgivable can just read his mind to know everything that is going on at the task force?

• DjeaDjea Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #931 May, 2021, 07:15 pm.

All Brilliant and troll traces are definitely boosted. I'm in 2/4 while still using the first TfTD and already have 6 Brilliant Mountain Troll and 10 foundables guarded by a mountain troll. I will rest a couple of hours before using another TfTD. So far, this is fun.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #1031 May, 2021, 07:18 pm.

With the runestones task being on page three, remember not to collect too many fragments until you get to page three. Collect no more than five or six brilliant troll during page one and limit yourself to 18 or 19 brilliant eggs during page one and two combined so you can collect the 12 during page two without being forced to the registry page and collect runestones before you get to page three.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #1131 May, 2021, 07:35 pm.

@Not4u13 thank you very much for the reminder. I made that mistake the last Brilliant Event and had to do a lot of Fortress challenges in order to collect enough Brilliant family runestones quickly. 😄

• ElmrockElmrock Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1231 May, 2021, 08:13 pm.

@Rumpelstilzkin 😂🤣 Didnt think about that, but its spot on. @Not4u13 thanks for the reminder. @Dieks77 thanks for the link.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    #1331 May, 2021, 08:17 pm.

Is it true? 20 GREAT throws in a row?

If this doesn't **** HPWU, nothing will.

• CmdsdCmdsd Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited May 31 #1531 May, 2021, 08:31 pm.

@xxxlindy I was worried too but it’s not 20 greats in row. My streak broke at 12 and the following greats and better counted.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    #1631 May, 2021, 08:37 pm.

Shouldn’t there be brilliant port Keyes appearing?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭
    #1731 May, 2021, 09:02 pm.

@WitchHiker I haven't seen any.

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 46 ✭✭
    #1831 May, 2021, 09:30 pm.

@AltarielValice Would you please provide a screenshot of bonus round task list when you reach it? I know infographics are available elsewhere. When I didn't receive the anticipated Red Spell Book for Earning 12500 Wizarding XP during the last event, I reported it. The response I got was that the infographic was incorrect and that all players received a silver key for completing that task as designated on the in-game task list. So, I'm curious to see what the in-game task list displays vs the infographic for this event.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    #1931 May, 2021, 09:45 pm.

It's not 20 in a row, despite the 4th task list.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #2031 May, 2021, 10:48 pm.

Definitely just had a heart attack when I read the first task of the 4th list - where the heck is the quality control on this game??

#2131 May, 2021, 11:00 pm.

I didn’t read up on the tasks and now I’ll have to place everything again. Luckily, there’s 6 days left to do it.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2231 May, 2021, 11:33 pm.

@hpwulola Are you guys trying to make everyone quit with 20 great spell casts in a row!?

Most people I know that play this game will constantly fail that task. This is likely to lead to a lot MORE people quitting!

#2331 May, 2021, 11:43 pm.

@BenTiger It’s just 20 great spells, not in a row.

edited May 31 #2431 May, 2021, 11:54 pm.

@Rumpelstilzkin No... it is in a row. I'd post a screenshot, but just scroll up, since someone already posted it.

Also, I completed it, but it was a pain in the rear!

Edit: My significant other completed her task. She didn't get 20 in a row, so it kept appearing to reset; but when she did 20 total, it completed itself.

@hpwulola They need to correct the task title ASAP, to limit the confusion and frustration!

#2501 June, 2021, 12:20 am.

i think that task (20 great in a row but actually not in a row) should be on 1 april fool event.

reading that task everyone must be saying. ****, ****, omg ,..

• NhixNhix Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited June 1 #2601 June, 2021, 12:22 am.

@BenTiger strange, cause I completed the task without getting greats in a row. I had a few goods in between and checked and it didn't reset for me.

@Dextraone there's the screenshot for you. ☝️

#2701 June, 2021, 02:28 am.

This event is too easy. I am almost done and I haven’t even left the house. I’d be done but I took a break to make dinner. After so many people complaining that the events are too hard, they’ve nerfed it way too much. There has to be a happy medium.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #2801 June, 2021, 02:36 am.

@CeruleanGirl it seems to be a pattern lately that the first half of the BEs are super easy (almost too easy) then they ratchet up the intensity for the second half. I agree, I'm already on task list 4 - but I'm not complaining because a break at the end will be kinda nice given the other events coming up.

#2901 June, 2021, 06:19 am.

@EPHedwig Yes, I guess that's true. The first half is usually easier than the second. We'll have to see how the second looks. Hope it doesn't swing too far back the other way!

#3001 June, 2021, 06:28 am.

@CeruleanGirl Vast amounts of players left as they made the Brilliant tasks harder. Easier is better, as they are just repetative tasks that are mandatory in order to make progress in skill trees. Brilliant events should be able to be completed by some in 1-2 days, since that actually equates to 4-7 days for a majority of players that are juggling work or school with the game.

If they want to make more difficult tasks, they need to be for rewards that are not mandatory for progress in the game. By making tasks for mandatory items too hard for many players to earn, they end up driving players away from the game.

Note: I have completed every event in game. I am speaking for all the people that I know that are either borderline ready to quit or already quit.

• NhixNhix Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #3101 June, 2021, 06:40 am.

@CeruleanGirl I agree. These tasks can be completed without leaving the house (like me). But I guess we do need a break from all the back to back events they've had lately.

I stopped playing hpwu for about a year and so missed plenty of three BEs. Tbh, didn't really make a difference cause they've just ramped up the events so much that you can make it up for the entire year!

I'll probably rush and finish the bonus, then take a break to brew potions and collect energy for the next adversary task.

I do welcome this break!