Memories of O.W.L.s

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,144 admin
edited May 24 in Announcements #1 latest comment 03 June, 2021, 06:57 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

The Calamity has fixated on memories of the O.W.L. exams. Pass subject-specific tasks with flying colours to be certified as ‘Outstanding’! 

From May 29 at 12 a.m. PT – May 30 at 11:59 p.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Special Assignments list based on seven Hogwarts subjects with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Ingredients and DADA Books.
  • Increased sightings of the four Hogwarts founders’ Portraits, Portrait of Albus Dumbledore, and Professor Minerva McGonagall.
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 25%
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    #224 May, 2021, 08:18 pm.

I like the event tasks I’ve seen that relate to the subjects. I wonder if there’s ever a N.E.W.T event, what could we get for things like Muggle Studies and Astronomy classes?

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭
    #324 May, 2021, 10:00 pm.

Was seriously NOT PREPARED for posting Infographics felt extremely appropriate regarding the theme for this event lol!

• k1platinumk1platinum Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #524 May, 2021, 10:29 pm.

Date and time is announced as "From May 29 at 12 a.m. PT – May 30 at 11:59 a.m. PT". It's in Pacific time. But in this infographic it's in local time. Which one is correct @hpwulola ?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,144 admin
    #724 May, 2021, 10:55 pm.

@k1platinum Thanks for catching that typo! It is 48 hours long, and will last all Saturday and Sunday local time.

• k1platinumk1platinum Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #825 May, 2021, 01:16 pm.

This is 7:00 a.m. JST. It's not 12 a.m. in both local time and PT. (It's 2 p.m. PT)

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,144 admin
    #925 May, 2021, 04:03 pm.

@k1platinum There is an error with that countdown clock and it will be corrected today.

Perhaps the stress of the O.W.L. exams caused this mix up 😅

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    #1026 May, 2021, 01:01 am.

Really? More “dark” chambers??

Not enjoyable, not worth it.

Hope ya all have fun.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    #1226 May, 2021, 12:56 pm.

@AllycatCoven if you nearby greenhouse, you're lucky to finish task. But if no one greenhouse in your map, too bad for new normal task too.

@WitchHiker looks like is a dark chamber I-V if you want.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 54 ✭✭✭
    edited May 28 #1528 May, 2021, 04:43 pm.

Yet another event stuffed into May? I don't think this was on the original calendar either. 10 GREAT alohomora charms and a greenhouse task. Once again all of us with dexterity and neurological issues have been ignored, along with those in lockdown.

• BennyLongstrideBennyLongstride Posts: 1
    #1728 May, 2021, 09:00 pm.

No event portkeys?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭
    #1828 May, 2021, 09:58 pm.

4 Prof mcgonagalls task is just fragments? Cast trace charm at it and complete with just 2 traces

• NorajCandiesNorajCandies Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #1928 May, 2021, 10:02 pm.

No Ben

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    #2129 May, 2021, 02:32 am.

Bad news everyone, looks like TTD effect is back to normal (trace reveal one minute to three minute), next update is portkey will be normal like a PoGo.

• LaurieTLCLaurieTLC Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #2229 May, 2021, 03:13 am.

@Yohanes12 I came here to say the same thing. I counted 22 off mine, and I have +12 from the SOS lessons so only 10 base spawns. I don't understand why they wouldn't tell us. And they're still posting that the event has been adjusted to play from home - TTD spawns was one of the adjustments for that. Also didn't get a single Alohomora trace from 2 Tonics.

@HPWUblue @hpwulola Can you confirm if the change in the number of TTD spawns was intentional?

• KitCaitsidheKitCaitsidhe Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #2329 May, 2021, 04:14 am.

The nearest greenhouse is 12 miles from here. Am I supposed to go into town in the middle of the night for the perverse pleasure of the devs? Guess this is another event I'll pass on. Between the stupid adversaries events and this, this game is no longer worth the time and money.

#2429 May, 2021, 05:10 am.

@KitCaitsidhe That is a long way to go for a Greenhouse, but why would you need to go in the middle of the night? The event lasts 48 hours.

• ctanwriterctanwriter Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2629 May, 2021, 05:57 am.

I see my local folks aren't the only ones who got nothing helpful off the Tonic for Trace Detection. @hpwulola are we sure that "this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are"?

• AynakusAynakus Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2729 May, 2021, 06:23 am.

I think they yet again forgot people who are yet again in lockdown and TTD is just not spawning and boosted fragments.

• PierogalloPierogallo Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #2829 May, 2021, 06:35 am.

So here I get 3 portraits and 1 McGonagall with my first tonic (trace charme on McGonagall, this task is done). So it's not super boosted but it shall be ok to finish the event. Alohomora and magical creatures foundables are not boosted according to the announcement, but normal spawn rate should be sufficient to accomplish these tasks. Good luck to all of you!

#2929 May, 2021, 06:39 am.

@ctanwriter For some stupid reason, Alohomora traces and CoMC traces aren't boosted on Tonics. Only the Portraits and McGonagall are mentioned as boosted. And they seem to think the pandemic is over everywhere now the US are relaxing more restrictions.

Lola does a good job of interacting with players and passing on comments (though we rarely get any feedback from the dev team) but, as she does that on top of her regular job, I really wish they'd hire a community manager who can dedicate the time to actually listen and engage with the community.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭
    #3029 May, 2021, 07:03 am.

I think this event forced us to think strategically, instead of served everything on silver platter we have to utilized what we have (aka trace charm) to complete some of the tasks.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭
    #3129 May, 2021, 07:12 am.

I accidentally tapped through the opening text box for the event. Can anyone give me an idea of what it said, please?