Feared Beasts Adversaries Event

HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,428 mod
in Announcements #1 latest comment 28 May, 2021, 07:55 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Put yourself to the test by facing all the Feared Beast Adversaries!

From May 24 at 11 a.m. PT – May 27 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased Adversary sightings of Ancient Hungarian Horntail, Ancient Ukrainian Ironbelly, Ancient Norwegian Ridgeback, Aragog, and Slytherin’s Basilisk
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles, and Newt Spleen
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 25%
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP, and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭
    #221 May, 2021, 06:13 pm.

Thank you @HPWUblue !

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    #421 May, 2021, 06:18 pm.

That’s alright. I prefer the Brilliant Events but I know that some others prefer these.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #521 May, 2021, 07:23 pm.

@MaditaOnAir nah where would i vent then? i dont hate the game, i just exaggerate b/c why not?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭
    #721 May, 2021, 08:20 pm.

I thought this adversary event would be next month.

And after 2 close events with tasks to burnt extimulo potions.

Are there too many extimulo surplus in total player vault?

#821 May, 2021, 08:35 pm.

@Kodokmag they must be looking at my potions vault, brewing 24/7 x2 (cauldrons) potents, 478 and counting (im prep'ing for Lethals xD, i'll have as many as i'll have b/c all the feared are done (gold starred) and im not wasting potents on anything else until those bad boys/girls show up)) xD but they can throw as many feared adver events as t hey want they wont decrease my potions vault, if anything else the 25%+ potent brewing time decrease will only enable me to brew more lol

#921 May, 2021, 11:33 pm.

@Drakonite i'm hoping on 100% brewing time. LoL

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #1021 May, 2021, 11:47 pm.

Yeahhh I'm officially over these feared adversary events. I'll probably do enough to get the Basilisk and Hungarian Horntail pages prestiged and challenges and if that suffices for the event tasks, great, but if not, so be it. Shoving these events down our throats isn't going to make us love the game more, @HPWUblue @hpwulola

#1122 May, 2021, 06:02 am.

lol! @Kodokmag I'd settle for 50% instead of 25%

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    #1222 May, 2021, 11:58 am.

Wait a minute! We have something for adveseries task, why show update for event adveseries on this time @Owlx ?

And one more thing, next month is a HPWU anniversary, event month is back to the past O.W.L too.

#1322 May, 2021, 01:28 pm.

Anyway, i'm not againts it because its bring them up plenty to the map.

I supposed this is kind of meant to be surprise event?

Its not on may events calendar isnt it

And anyone kind enough to post detail task?

• DjeaDjea Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #1522 May, 2021, 10:06 pm.

I love beast Adversaries the most. This should be fun! I am so glad that I have enough time to brew some more potions because we will be using up a lot. Thank you very much @HPWUTeam 😊

• HannagerHannager Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #1623 May, 2021, 03:42 pm.

Thanks @Silverclaw24 is it true that EDMs will only spawn the event adversaries? I really hope so because I hate wasting them & not getting the adversaries needed for tasks. Especially if we HAVE to use 2 as one of the tasks. @Silverclaw24

• apm1117apm1117 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1723 May, 2021, 04:21 pm.

Sad that they continue to only give 25% reduced brew time instead of the 50% the events started with.

• PoisonDartFrogPoisonDartFrog Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1823 May, 2021, 05:13 pm.

I like having all the events. It keeps the game interesting. The brilliant events last a bit too long for me. I’m done with them in a day, (occasionally 2), but I realize players at the lower levels may need the time. It would really help the newer players to have the 50% brew time reduction on the exstimulo and more ingredients available. They need them more and don’t have the storage capacity. I wouldn’t mind the adversary events lasting a bit longer. If you don’t live in the city you are lucky if you see one dark mark a day without the event. And that is with a 3 -4 mile walk.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭
    #1924 May, 2021, 03:26 pm.

Hi Everyone !

Here are your Infographics for the Upcoming Feared Beasts Adversary Event!

• BoboMcFubarBoboMcFubar Posts: 1
    #2024 May, 2021, 10:08 pm.

So now the beasts can mulit-attack, up to 3 times in a row? Bad form, no way to combat unless I'm constantly adding health each time.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    #2124 May, 2021, 11:51 pm.

Anyone else not getting credited any DADA books? I finished the first set of tasks (not the bonus yet), and placed 2 images but my DADA books look like they haven't changed at all...

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭
    #2325 May, 2021, 06:26 am.

@BoboMcFubar The adversaries have always been able to attack multiple times. I’ve had them attack 4 times in one turn. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• CheekyNifflerCheekyNiffler Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2425 May, 2021, 11:21 am.

These people that brew thousands of Potent Exstimulo potions, where do you find all the Unicorn hairs? I'm lucky if I get one in every three portmanteaus I unlock...

And as for increased ginger spawns, I've hot 3 in total since the event started!

Not quite right, is it?

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #2525 May, 2021, 01:22 pm.

@Hiti1 Alright, personally I'm annoyed by yet another BE coming up because I kind of have to feel that I have to play it or be left with an uncomplete registry page. But adversary events can be completly ignored without any adverse side effects, no? And I'm saying that even though I find adversaries pretty boring and sort of ignore them myself...

#2625 May, 2021, 01:36 pm.

@CheekyNiffler some ppl use swings to speed portks opening (w/o walking them), and some ppl actually purchase either the unicorn hair (30gc per potent) or the potions from the store. And some/most/a lot of ppl rent the extra cauldron 24/7.

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #2725 May, 2021, 05:23 pm.

Mobile Friendly Quick Reference with tips and tricks here: https://www.taskforcetimes.news/event-quick-reference

• kenau007kenau007 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2825 May, 2021, 08:11 pm.

@CeruleanGirl @BoboMcFubar

My personal best is 7 attacks in a row from a Hungarian dragon at the first turn...it's funny(?) to start a battle with a healing potion...

• DjeaDjea Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    edited May 25 #2925 May, 2021, 10:26 pm.

@HalloMami all the events gives us the story; that is why we try to complete it. I could just get the story somewhere else but where is the fun in that? Besides Adversaries Event is when we get the most DADA books for the Calamity Essentials lessons and the Advanced Adversarial Combat Training. And Adversaries are fun even though they seem to disappear midst battle more often lately. Probably because more people are using the cellular network and WiFi but it is better to be out and about in the daytime (especially in the park).

• kirchwitzkirchwitz Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3026 May, 2021, 01:44 am.

Like with all adversaries events, the major challenge is to find them at all. They are boosted? Maybe. Still extremely rare. Our group of players can walk for hours without finding a single one. Other traces are plenty in the wild. Just almost no adversaries. Second challenge is that even if we find an adversary, chances are it's not any of those required by the tasks to complete the event. Some people say, just skip all adversaries events, but the game is all about the events.

I wish there would be a really significant boost for adversaries, I mean, a real boost, not just +1% or whatever it is right now but totally flood the map with them. There is this other game "that should not be named" which works very similar on a technical level, and have a look how their events work and how spawns are boosted really a lot.