Unable to access friends and gifts due to error with wireless network

TheDaisyAgeTheDaisyAge Posts: 9 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 12 June, 2021, 08:45 am.

Clicking on friends and gifts bring up the error message every time and has done for about two weeks. It happens whether I’m using phone data or broadband WiFi.

I tried replying to a similar post about this issue but nothing happened when I tapped the reply button, so apologies for the duplication.

Using latest iOS 14.5.1 on iPhone 12 Pro.

Version 2.17 from App Store

Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jee1123Jee1123 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #211 May, 2021, 01:09 am.

Same thing is happening to me when I try to look at friends and gifts. I can not access them.

• InisheilInisheil Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 11 #311 May, 2021, 06:51 pm.

I am having the same problem. Every time I want to click on friends list/gifts, an error window pops out. "An error has occurred with the wireless network Please try again."

Already restart both the app and the phone. Still having the same issue.

I'm on iOS 14.5.1.

I then tried opening the app on 3 different phones. Problem still occurred.

Please help.

Post edited by Inisheil on
  • AngelBowlAngelBowl Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #414 May, 2021, 02:15 pm.

Can not access friends and gifts. Keep getting the wireless error. I was giving gifts when it happened. I have restarted the game to no avail. Other aspects are working. Thanks.

• ChemicalArtsChemicalArts Posts: 1
    #516 May, 2021, 08:56 pm.

I'm getting this error and can't access my friends list and the gifts page.

• SystemSystem Posts: 43 admin
    #617 May, 2021, 12:56 pm.
    This discussion was created from comments split from: " An error has occurred with the wireless network".
  • TheDaisyAgeTheDaisyAge Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #717 May, 2021, 10:15 pm.

@HPWUblue struggling with this forum on my phone so apologies if I’m duplicating messages...

are you able to reset my account to fix this issue please?

Thank you!

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,417 mod
    #818 May, 2021, 01:04 pm.

@TheDaisyAge @Jee1123 @Inisheil @AngelBowl @ChemicalArts I've attempted a fix on your accounts. Could you restart the app and try again? If it persists, please download all assets from in-app settings and let me know how it goes. Thank you!

#918 May, 2021, 06:07 pm.

@HPWUblue THANK YOU! Winner!

#1018 May, 2021, 06:08 pm.

@HPWUblue oh no! I spoke too soon! I get further... but then return to map comes up. Should have all assets downloaded already but I’ll check...

#1118 May, 2021, 06:09 pm.

Sorry @HPWUblue - it worked once, I got excited and came to tell you and then I went back in and it started with the error message again....

#1218 May, 2021, 06:49 pm.

Thank you for the follow-up @TheDaisyAge! I've attempted another fix on your account, please try again by restarting the app. Also, new assets will be available from time to time. Could you please make sure that they're updated?

#1318 May, 2021, 07:17 pm.

Hi @HPWUblue - thanks again. So this is weird... restarted the app, went to friends/gifts, got the error message. Repeated that and got the same thing. Decided to collect some foundables quickly before reporting back, clicked friends/gifts again for the **** of it and it worked. Came out, tried to go back in - error message. Tested whether it was collecting foundables that helped and apparently not - still getting the error message again. Very odd!

What would you advise I do next please? And thanks for all your help!

#1420 May, 2021, 07:57 pm.

Sorry to harangue your @HPWUblue - game is, if anything, getting even more glitchy for me. Would really appreciate advice on a fix please 🤩

#1520 May, 2021, 08:57 pm.

Hi again! Sorry to repeat my question but did you happen to check again if there were any assets to download from the in-app settings?

#1620 May, 2021, 09:18 pm.

No worries, happy to try anything... yes, all assets downloaded @HPWUblue - even the latest 30mb round that was available today. Restarted afterwards and error message came up. But maybe resetting at your end now might work? Thanks for your help.

• DfhklyrDfhklyr Posts: 1
    #1710 June, 2021, 03:05 pm.

I’m issuing the same problem and cannot access friends list

#1811 June, 2021, 12:06 pm.

@Dfhklyr I've moved your comment into a related thread and attempted a fix on your account. Could you please restart the app and try again?

@TheDaisyAge Hi again! I took another look at your account and see that you're able to access the friend list now. Cheers!

• JudyBJudyB Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1911 June, 2021, 08:43 pm.

@HPWUblue hi, I've just started getting the "Return to map" error when I try to access the Friends list. Please could you take a look?

• JudyBJudyB Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2012 June, 2021, 08:45 am.

Just to update this - after 2 or 3 phone reboots my problems went away