Creature Discomforts Brilliant Event – Part 2

Comments

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3218 May, 2021, 02:58 am.

I have had no trouble with Baby Trolls or adult Thestrals. However, I am on my 4th TTD trying to get 12 Baby Chinese Fireballs. Different experience for everyone I guess. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    edited May 18 #3318 May, 2021, 03:03 am.

I haven't seen a baby Fireball in over 30 minutes despite having TTD running the whole time. Getting a little ridiculous.

Update. 45 minutes now, have had 21 trolls, zero dragons. First TTD of the evening, 6 dragons, 2nd, 4 dragons (all early), 3rd, zero dragons. Come on.

• SolteraleSolterale Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited May 18 #3418 May, 2021, 06:28 am.

@Starvonne glad to hear you’re finding this new spell easy. Out of curiosity, which profession have you been using to easily get masterfuls with wingardium legions?

Sadly for me the new spell is hands down the hardest spell so far to get a masterful or even great. (I have probably returned about 40 baby trolls so far, but none better than good casts). I’m crossing my fingers I’ll even be able to complete part 3 (great spell casts) never mind the bonus. (And every other single spell including the recent flipendo masterfuls tasks have not been a problem for me).

I play primarily as an Auror but will try out the other professions to see if they make this task any easier. Any player data we can gather here to try and give guidance on the different professions and if they make a difference for this spell would be pretty helpful!

UPDATE: I put on a TTD to compare the results of casting on the baby trolls as all three professions.

As an Auror (maxed) I couldn’t even get great casts. As a Professor (close to maxed) I found it similarly challenging.

But... when I switched my profession over to Magizoolist (also maxed, but it’s the profession I tend to use least) the results/ease of getting great casts were exponentially better. After just 20 minutes into the TTD and as soon as I switched to Magi the ease of casting improved immediately. After 20 min I’ve already gotten all of the 8 required “great” casts for wingardium leviosa in part 3 (and THREE of those were masterfuls). Plus in the final 10 min of TTD as a Magi I got three more masterfuls with the new spell!

Conclusion: switch to Magizoolist as your profession if you have a decent amount of progress in that profession tree as this is by far the easiest to get a great or masterful cast.

Would love to hear if this solution works for other people as well!

Post edited by Solterale on
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3518 May, 2021, 07:16 am.

I manage to get masterfull once so far.

Beside the fast draw, i think the red dots for the stright line is a little bit offset to the left of the picture. Just my feeling though

• NhixNhix Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #3618 May, 2021, 10:24 am.

So, they seem to be accepting any 3 masterful spell. I don't know whether it's a glitch or not but I completed the task by getting masterful for 3 other spells!

• brillbillbrillbill Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3718 May, 2021, 11:12 am.

Finished the wingardium Leviosa Masterful task to my surprise. Managed the 1st Masterful cast against the troll but the next two Masterful casts were against the fireball and they counted them against the task

• skookumchuck55skookumchuck55 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #3818 May, 2021, 11:28 am.

@Nhix and @brillbill same for me on Masterfuls. Never had the chance to do a WL but did three other Masterfuls. Suddenly the task was complete. Not complaining, mind you, just pleasantly surprised.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    #3918 May, 2021, 11:34 am.

@Bubbabubbette the “pew pew” Owlyx references is to mean the “sound” of a wand firing off. Think of kids playing and using their thumb and index finger to mimic a **** device. The “pew pew” can be said each time they pretend-fire.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4018 May, 2021, 03:00 pm.

I'm on the bonus now. We've also been talking about this on several discord as well. It seems any masterful spell cast is counting towards the masterful task in the bonus. @hpwulola please continue any masterful counting!

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    #4118 May, 2021, 04:04 pm.

@Solterale I'm a maxed Auror and have only managed to get one great WL cast on a baby troll for task 3. I got a few during earlier tasks, but can't seem to get better than great now, and the troll collects. They are also still not spawning well.

• BexlarexBexlarex Posts: 1
    #4318 May, 2021, 04:56 pm.

How do I find an adult theastreal

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    #4418 May, 2021, 05:05 pm.

Event day2 update:

• Completed stage 1 and 2 and on stage3.
    • New spell can be mastered but still finding tricky. Especially tricky as typically one great it is caught so not looking so good for bonus round - but only 3 hopefully I can complete?!
    • What gives with Mooncalf's - over 50% of all event traces appearing are mooncalfs recently - we are in part 2 - why do many?
    • No dragons - this stage is going to take a little longer to complete. One TTD down and still only 50% complete after 12hrs
    • Adult thestral - seen 5 so far (3 outside of TTD) but I'm sure as soon as I reach stage4 they will go "poof" and disappear - just like the dragons for this stage ;)
    • Just noticed that I don't have to wait to place images from event - should have checked earlier

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 69 ✭✭
    #4518 May, 2021, 05:15 pm.

Here’s my way to get a masterful Wingardia Leviosa cast (I know this won’t work for everyone, but you could try it):

I play two-handed because I have small hands. Holding the phone in my left hand and resting my right hand lightly against the right edge, my thumb can just reach the start point of the spell. I did successive casts while out on a walk and adjusted the relative positions of my hands from cast to to cast to optimize alignment. That way, I got great casts on most tries and masterful often enough to complete the assignment.

I play as auror. I didn’t try any other profession for this.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4618 May, 2021, 07:03 pm.

@Bexlarex adult thestrals wild map spawn in dark arts family and have a orange flare or beam boosted a bit with a Trace tonic.

• NhixNhix Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #4818 May, 2021, 07:54 pm.

@Bexlarex use the trace charm on any orange beam foundable. Hopefully it works for you.

#4918 May, 2021, 07:58 pm.

Event day2 update II:

• two TTDs down and still all I get is mooncalves and trolls...

edited May 18 #5018 May, 2021, 07:59 pm.

@Owlx - speed helps but when you have screen protector - finger doesn't slide as fast :(

Still need three more dragons.. two thestrals just sitting and waiting on screen to be caught after I collect :(

Nope - only one further appeared, still needing two... and the bleeding thestrals have now gone.... oh the frustrations

• NystrumNystrum Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #5118 May, 2021, 09:40 pm.

I’m seeing about 7 baby trolls for every baby dragon. I worked around it but yes, that is a frustrating imbalance.

And yes, a masterful cast on the baby dragon counted towards a masterful leviosa. Regardless, casting a masterful leviosa isn’t too hard; it is just like the other masterful, do it fast and short-change it a bit (start casting about 0.5 cm after the first point and don’t quite reach the other two points).

• Dieks77Dieks77 Posts: 46 ✭✭
    #5219 May, 2021, 08:30 am.

So the Cast 3 Masterfull Wingardium Leviosa task works with any masterfull.

To be honest a bit bummed :-( as I wanted to put my practice to use...

Completed the task without any Wingardium Leviosa but on other masterfulls like Aguamenti and Meteolojinx Recanto

#5319 May, 2021, 02:53 pm.

Event day3 update I:

• Reached the bonus stage - after using 3 TTD to get all the baby dragons. Now we are unto day3, I did expect more baby dragons but still more trolls and $%^&* mooncalves then any other event trace
    • Finished the III masterful casts - took many attempts but as stated, started a little bit out from start point and swish and **** quickly. But as folks are saying on the board - this will be difficult for some. I'm on the fence on whether they should include "masterful" even as a bonus stage (definitely NOT in regular stages).
    • Did they change to "any" masterful casts now?
  • GatorellaGatorella Posts: 62 ✭✭
    #5419 May, 2021, 03:33 pm.

Where oh where have the thestrals gone!!!! Waiting for one more.

#5519 May, 2021, 04:00 pm.

@Gatorella - unfortunately, unless you have witnessed a death you cannot see them... check out the NEWS of the telly (TV) and they should come a flooding back into the game. ;)

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    #5620 May, 2021, 02:34 am.

@Gatorella try putting a trace charm on a yellow beamed trace since the Thestral is one treat level up - it got me what I needed to finish the 4th task.

For those who need more baby dragons, try a trace charm on a baby troll. I've found that it usually puts out a plethora of the other BE traces for that part of the event, and sure enough it did for me when I tried it again.

• NinahistoriaNinahistoria Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #5720 May, 2021, 09:29 am.

A última vez que vi um testralio foi quando saí pra fazer o teste de covid. Agora não aparece mais nenhum. Não posso sair porque meu exame deu positivo. Será que dá pra liberar alguns perto de mim pra eu capturar, por favor? Ou não vou conseguir encerrar a etapa 4. Tá faltando só isso e já têm alguns dias😞

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    #5820 May, 2021, 11:11 am.

Seems i don't know why crab and jewel bag found in Black Market Indonesian? I just confused in this brilliant event stories. And one more thing, looks like next BE is a stories about make a strategy to find a Grim, and there's a new spell too so keep it up.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #5920 May, 2021, 05:04 pm.

If Thestrals are supposed to be boosted, I'm sure not seeing them. I'm getting lots of light yellow beam Dark Arts (all Hags) and some with no beam. And I am using TTD. 😡

• NinahistoriaNinahistoria Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #6020 May, 2021, 05:40 pm.

Aumentem os testralios por favor. Não posso sair de casa pq testei positivo pro covid e ainda falta capturar esses benditos🤦🏼‍♀️

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6120 May, 2021, 10:11 pm.

Is it an OWL tests for us on next month (june)