May Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,144 admin
edited May 11 in Announcements #1 latest comment 21 May, 2021, 02:19 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

May Community Day is all day Sunday, May 16 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. 

This Community Day, you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on collecting Gryffindor and Slytherin Captain Badges by returning Magical Games and Sports Foundables to the Quidditch Stands.
  • Increased sightings of Seamus Finnigan Tryouts, Quidditch Fan Neville Longbottom, Quidditch Fan Luna Lovegood and Quidditch Fan Hermione Granger Foundables from the Quidditch Stands page.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more Community Day Traces, only takes 1 hour to brew, and its Master Notes will reduce brew time by 50%.
  • Guaranteed Slytherin Quidditch Banner from any Wizarding Chamber when using a Magical Games and Sports Runestone.
  • Increased Challenge XP, Wizarding XP, and Spell Energy from Wizarding Challenges. Also, guaranteed Fragment and Slytherin Captain Badge from Forest Chamber IV and above.
  • A special 1km Portmanteau that rewards Gryffindor Quidditch Banner.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Share your achievements along the way using #WizardsUnite on social, and make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates. While you’re at it, visit the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forums and discuss your Community Day plans with others!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭
    #211 May, 2021, 06:26 pm.

i hope this comday event still have the double fragment rewards from challenges.

it helps alot with "whoever start the challenge" determined the event reward problem

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭
    #311 May, 2021, 09:09 pm.

Hi everyone. 

Here is the Infographics for the upcoming Community Day!

• DjeaDjea Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #411 May, 2021, 09:48 pm.

@hpwulola are we getting a new registry page? Where do the Slytherin and Gryffindor Captain badges go? And how do we get the Gryffindor Captain badges? Also, 20 Forest Chamber IV and above challenges is a bit much considering we experience a lot of bugs in those chambers. I hope we get a lot of boosted Magical Games and Sports traces because I don't have a lot of Magical Games and Sports runestones if I have to do fortress challenges for both the Slytherin and Gryffindor Captain badges. Please help. 🙂

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,144 admin
    #511 May, 2021, 09:52 pm.

@Djea The Gryffindor and Slytherin Badges are similar to Mystery Notes seen in Brilliant Events. You will collect these throughout the event to make progress on the Special Assignments.

#611 May, 2021, 10:01 pm.

@hpwulola I am so sorry but I get it now. We have to do Magical Games and Sports traces in order to get a chance of being rewarded the Gryffindor Captain badges. But I still experience bugs a lot of times when I do the Forest Chamber IV and above challenges. 20 of them will be quite challenging to do all in one day. Still bearable if I do 4 challenges 5 times throughout the day.

#711 May, 2021, 10:29 pm.

@hpwulola thank you very much for pointing that out. I took another look and understood that we get a chance to get a Gryffindor Captain badge when we return the specified Magical Games and Sports Gryffindor foundables, and a Sytherin Captain badge when we return the specified Magical Games and Sports Slytherin foundables.

Thank you very much for your patience and help. I have a tendency to be slow in understanding at times. ☺️

• YodalinoYodalino Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #812 May, 2021, 01:49 am.

Woo!! Hermoine and Neville are the only 2 left to gold that final page (aside from Adversaries). I've been waiting for this page to be featured.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12 #912 May, 2021, 05:24 am.

It looks like they are taking some critiques from the community and doing away with some of the ridiculous tasks. Thanks.

I just wish they would also do away with the "use x potions" tasks, as well... at least I don't need to do Adversaries as much any more, so I save a lot of potions from skipping the third (sometimes even 2nd) battles, most of the time.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1012 May, 2021, 06:22 am.

Agreed @BenTiger. I have stopped trying to do task lists that ask for x potions because it is a waste of resources, especially as I usually have very few potions. Seem to be on a roll this week, though, thanks to drift walking me between two greenhouses.

#1113 May, 2021, 12:48 am.

If they are going to boost (by a lot) the severe and emergency traces, as I hope they would, we will use up those potions in no time at all. I'm hoping to get a lot of Ministry Manuals before the event ends.

• k1platinumk1platinum Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #1213 May, 2021, 01:18 am.

@hpwulola What's happen when I use magical game and sports runestones in forest 4 or higher? Two fragments of Slytherin Banner guaranteed? Or, one Slytherin Banner plus one random?

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1313 May, 2021, 09:21 pm.

@BenTiger theyre not heeding any feedback, proof: great AND masterful cast(s) tasks in upcoming briliant week 2. main event AND bonus. ^_^. They dont give a single dime abt our feedback, when will ppl understand that?

edited May 15 #1615 May, 2021, 06:23 pm.

its just started in my time zone

got 3 of the banner from maybe 10-ish tower chambers

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    #1715 May, 2021, 11:31 pm.

Need to organize a boycott

• HannagerHannager Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #1815 May, 2021, 11:33 pm.

1 out of 2 for me, despite starting the chamber myself both times in forest IV. No slytherin banner or badge the second time. Will try again in the morning when it will hopefully be working properly!

• SgtPappaSgtPappa Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1916 May, 2021, 07:13 am.

Yep the wizard challenges are not working it seems.

is there a big update on the game where you can see when it’s fixed ?

• TreabTreab Posts: 1
    #2016 May, 2021, 07:59 am.

I cannot get past the load screen for Community day. Was on the knight bus and the chamber I tried to enter would not load. I tried force closing and restarting and have been stuck on the load screen since.

• Likwit76Likwit76 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2116 May, 2021, 08:52 am.

everything done except for slytherin captain badges. Only 4/20, so a great lack of those foundables 🤔

• CheekyNifflerCheekyNiffler Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2216 May, 2021, 09:08 am.

I can't even get in to Wizards Unite! Just keep getting 'Restart' screen over and over... Anyone know if this an issue?

Looked in the Play Store too and no update to install so can't play on Comm Day!

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭
    #2316 May, 2021, 09:26 am.

@hpwulola So, just to be sure I am understanding, we can only get the Slytherin Captain’s Badge from Forest Chamber IV or above, or from from Quidditch Draco or Quidditch Marcus, but they are not boosted?

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #2416 May, 2021, 09:38 am.

Does the event task "Return 20 Quidditch Fan Seamus Finnegan Foundables" get satisfied by returning Quidditch Tryouts Seamus Finnegan or does this refer to a new Foundable?

(I haven't seen any of either yet.)

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16 #2516 May, 2021, 09:45 am.

@hpwulola As @BanjoB said, the fortress is not awarding Slytherin Quidditch Banners as it says in the event description. I have done four fortress battles and have received only one banner.

Update: As usual, as soon as I posted about it, the problem went away. So, let me also say that the task to use 7 Exstimulos is annoying only in that Snowdrops are hard to come by and Snowdrop seeds nearly impossible. So, forum fairies, work your magic. 😉

#2616 May, 2021, 10:30 am.

i think the reward IS slytherin banner for all chambers BUT the drop rate chance is the same as usual (low chamber lower drop rate, high chamber higher drop rate). my marathon ruin-tower give not a bad drop rate chance (i need 20 fragment to star it) finish them for several hours.

for the badge, griffindor not give 100% drop rate for each foundables but 2 slytherin boosted foundables always give (100%) slytherin badge. almost use extimulo for slytherin foundable though (just to ensure capture) because its not many to see.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited May 16 #2816 May, 2021, 01:08 pm.

Just did a lvl 2 rune in rune 2 and did not get a slithering banner, guess it’s not a guarantee. I’m 100% certain they will say your guaranteed to get it vs another object from the family. They excel at mistaken wording, not so much at fixing bugs tho, I’m still seeing emergency flares for not emergencies 8 months and running.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited May 16 #2916 May, 2021, 01:45 pm.

I don’t get the Family XP complaints. 975 Family exp is very easy, it might be worse if it was frame Specific, but even then it’s doable. If you pre-game, you would have only returned sports items during and after the last event. At the very beginning you would have accumulated enough registry stickers to finish the Family XP.

i did not pre-game this event and finished the Family XP in 20 minutes. I used one TTD and a Trace Charm on the first quidditch Harry that spawned.. boom 600 family XP.. granted I had returned a few prior, but at least 3 more spawned with a single TTD..

• MdsbdrMdsbdr Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #3016 May, 2021, 01:59 pm.

Thank you for lovely community day

• CarlyRaeMCarlyRaeM Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #3116 May, 2021, 03:55 pm.

The guaranteed Slytherin Quidditch Banner is not working. I used a magical games and sports runestone in forest chamber IV and only received a quidditch pitch stand. It’s going to be really hard to complete that task when your not actually guaranteed one, and my runestones are very limited.