May Adversaries Event 1

2»

Comments

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #3201 May, 2021, 12:55 pm.

I have completed Adversary tree and I can finish off Draco with just one ex and Narcissa with just one Potent. This event is a resource hog only for those that haven't completed the tree.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    #3301 May, 2021, 02:43 pm.

@Kodokmag most of my Feared Adversaries are still bronze. I just prestige Narcissa Malfoy to bronze during the previous Adversaries Event. I am not in a hurry to prestige to gold. Rushing just hurts my thumb, wrist/arm, neck and shoulders. I want to do just enough to enjoy the challenge.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1 #3401 May, 2021, 06:01 pm.

@Djea yeah me too. i am a bit of playing in moderation kinda gamer. LoL

eventhough playing almost 2 years, still not 60 yet and my registry just being gold not too long ago (except some certain pages). well traces availability also some of the cause. but comday and many recent events speed things up.

• PetrificusMPPetrificusMP Posts: 2
    #3501 May, 2021, 07:25 pm.

Im not getting any traces from EDMs and there is no knight bus icon so I can’t play this event and have wasted EDMS. 😟

• griffgurugriffguru Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3601 May, 2021, 09:28 pm.

I get so aggravated with this game. I was in the dark chamber doing a battle down to my last foe, an elite. The game glitched and by time it fixed I was out of time!! Lost the battle!! Lost all my potions I used!!! Not trying again! I don’t understand why they make it so you cannot complete the challenge! Not everyone is equipped to do the dark chambers yet!

• kmorsecodekmorsecode Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3702 May, 2021, 06:12 pm.

Two Dark Detectors & two days of watching my map (in the middle of a large city) has netted me two Narcissas and zero Dracos. How is this a surge? I've seen several other Adversaries, but almost none of the ones I need!

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    #3802 May, 2021, 06:27 pm.

To paraphrase Dr. Malcom: you do plan on having Malfoy Adversaries at your Malfoy Adversary event, right? This is seriously ridiculous - I was looking forward to possibly prestiging my Draco page to gold, but at this rate I'll be lucky to finish the bonus assignment. Popped on 2 EDMs and of the 6 traces I got ZERO Malfoys, which is odd since most times I get at least one or two Draco's. What gives?!

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    #3902 May, 2021, 07:24 pm.

Multiple people are reporting finding a few Narcissa but zero Draco.

THIS IS NOT FUN.

Yeah, it's nice encountering all those Dragons, but actually having a chance to complete the event would be nicer.

Suggestion: when you publish an event, publish an estimate of how many hours of gameplay you think it will take in rich, average, and poor areas, so people can plan accordingly.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #4002 May, 2021, 08:38 pm.

It’s really weird the first day I got 2 Malfoy and 2 narcissa right away. Also had several other adversaries right in the beginning. I haven’t seen any other adversaries since. This is exactly why I don’t scramble to complete events anymore. I was having such a good time with adversaries I was going to spend coins once I finished the first set of tasks. I’m glad I waited.

edited May 2 #4102 May, 2021, 10:06 pm.

Long walk. Outbound: 11 adversaries, including one Draco and one Narcissa. Inbound: 14 adversaries, including one Draco and three Narcissa. So I've completely finished the main event except for two "common" Dracos, and this afternoon alone I've fled 23 of the "wrong" adversaries.

And I am aware that self-reported anecdotes are no replacement for proper statistics, but I don't know of anyone publishing meaningful statistics.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    #4203 May, 2021, 12:56 am.

I finally completed the Adversaries Event assignments. I walked so much (aside from walking my granddoggie) during the last 3 afternoons that I am so exhausted but elated. Thank you very much @HPWUTeam for such an enjoyable event, for the extra ingredients/spell energy on the map, and for the decrease in brewing time. I just love this game. 🤩

Thank you very much, my friends, for all your gifts. 💖

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #4303 May, 2021, 03:42 am.

Some of the places I visit daily tend to be very active with spawns. I don't count them, but I am very confused by the reports that not many Draco or Narcissa are appearing. I have seen enough to not only prestige Draco, I just need 4 more to star Draco on gold. Narcissa is nearly silver too. It's been a great event so far.

One thing I've noticed is treasure chests seem very stingy. I've opened more than 60 chests the last two days. Not one spell book and just a couple of trace charms and a couple of greenhouse. That's unusual for me to see.

I see that folks are still having trouble with EDM generating event spawns. That's been the case for every event, so I'm not surprised, but it would be nice if it were better. I have only received one EDM awarded for defeating Adversaries this whole event, but I've also given up on using them during an event.

edited May 3 #4403 May, 2021, 04:49 am.

I've never gotten an event spawn from an EDM so I'm not interested in wasting them until there is a good reason.

I've encountered more than 50 Adversaries and only two Draco; maybe there's some regional pattern, but I have heard from a great many people in different areas who are finding Narcissa but not Draco, but aren't willing to lower their browser security settings to use the Niantic forums.

I've even resorted to driving the local (censored word for a small roadside) mall parking lots, which has saved several other Adversary events, and no Draco.

This event is beyond merely frustrating, the pattern of poorly implemented events has me contemplating uninstalling the app. I'm glad that Draco spawns were easy and plentiful for some people, but that is not at all universal.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    #4503 May, 2021, 12:50 pm.

FINISH HER. All green stars.